Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoever programed this apparently has never used an MCU1 and had the frustrating experience of trying this same maneuver to tell the nav to go home. What a terrible terrible design decision. It's so ridiculous that Tesla is pinching pennies on this car by removing the real buttons and the stalks.
Voice commands still work on my MCU1....at least for now.

My plaid plus order page is still garbled with no picture of the car...see what I did there?

Reactions: TNGuy99
Just for those who complain about waiting and lack of communication.
I’ve waited for many products from cars, computers and boats to airplanes and even a handful of household products. Realistically newly introduced products and products in high demand tend to have unpredictable delivery times.

Why give Tesla a hard time when they’re certainly not worse than anybody else?
Just in cars I waited months for the following: Honda Accord, Audi A4 Convertible, Porsche 964 and more. All were in high demand and newly introduced. None communicated status until the cars arrived.

Since others are just as bad I am sorry for complaining about the communication.

• Funny
Reactions: omarsultan
I’ve waited for many products from cars, computers and boats to airplanes and even a handful of household products. Realistically newly introduced products and products in high demand tend to have unpredictable delivery times.

Just in cars I waited months for the following: Honda Accord, Audi A4 Convertible, Porsche 964 and more. All were in high demand and newly introduced. None communicated status until the cars arrived.
I don’t think anyone here is complaining about waiting. It’s about lack of communication. Elon said there will be a press conference of sorts 2 weeks after the earnings call and so far crickets. March is almost over with no official ballpark estimates. Above all for us enthusiasts what else is there to do other than complain and whine 😂

I agree - I have waited for many new vehicles that were delayed but no one is close to the poor level of communication I have experienced with Tesla.

My power walls were almost 2 years late with horrible communication.
I cancelled one Model X last year after waiting 12 weeks on 4-6 week estimated delivery date. No communication.
My model 3 was delivered to my work after I confirmed I was picking it up at the factory.
I never received a proactive call regarding delivery on 6 late Tesla deliveries.

They are lucky they have the best car - not quality but design.

Over 60 here....gotta be financially independent to afford these cars, and it would be a shame to use them for commuting. That's for M3's...
I think it would be a shame to not use it for commuting and enjoy it daily. Agree with you that one shouldn’t be financially stretched to buy it. 42 here and impatiently awaiting mine.

I'm curious about those who still see any estimated delivery date in their account. I ordered Jan 31 with original March 1-31 estimate. By February 9th, the estimate has been blank, and ever since. I've heard that some say just March. Does anyone still a show an estimate, or something other than just March? Just curious if that is old data and they didn't bother clearing it out.

I agree...my wife’s been waiting for her new telluride since Dec 26th when we put the order in. The original estimate that we would get it was mid March, but I am guessing we will be lucky to get it by mid April. no communicating on when it will arrive and I don’t really expect any. Until it’s built no one knows.

I agree...my wife’s been waiting for her new telluride since Dec 26th when we put the order in. The original estimate that we would get it was mid March, but I am guessing we will be lucky to get it by mid April. no communicating on when it will arrive and I don’t really expect any. Until it’s built no one knows.
I heard some really good things about Telluride. Congratulations!

Reactions: Drew-MS
I agree - I have waited for many new vehicles that were delayed but no one is close to the poor level of communication I have experienced with Tesla.

My power walls were almost 2 years late with horrible communication.
I cancelled one Model X last year after waiting 12 weeks on 4-6 week estimated delivery date. No communication.
My model 3 was delivered to my work after I confirmed I was picking it up at the factory.
I never received a proactive call regarding delivery on 6 late Tesla deliveries.

They are lucky they have the best car - not quality but design.
Even when supercharging, estimated 30 minutes left is usually 45 min. So 12 weeks sounds about right when told 4-6 weeks. 'Tesla time' is usually off by quite a bit.

Reactions: foos and elguapo
It doesn't quite work that way, unless you limit yourself to single-threaded computation. With concurrency, you just add processors. Moore's Law means they can put more and more components on a die, but you run into heat dissipation issues, so modern multi-core processors learn to direct power only where it's needed, and then you can have more cores and more computational power even though the clock rate remains maxed out.

Quantum has a LOOOOOONG way to go before it can equal conventional processing power for the mundane stuff.

And... no delivery update.
Concur on all points but threads is a Band-Aid approach similar to many other attempts in the past. Used to work at a National Lab couple years back and they aren't that far off. Won't be used in my Tesla anytime soon though (AI autonomous).

and no delivery update.....

Above all for us enthusiasts what else is there to do other than complain and whine 😂
Watch other poor slobs complain and whine, of course.

You know, I didn't think much about turning 60. It was meh. But the first (and it will probably turn out to be the only) time I've been overjoyed to be over 60 is when I qualified for my Fauci Ouchi last week, and got booked for my first jab on my birthday next week. That's as good or better a present than getting my S, which has been my present in my mind, anyway, for about a year.

Watch other poor slobs complain and whine, of course.

You know, I didn't think much about turning 60. It was meh. But the first (and it will probably turn out to be the only) time I've been overjoyed to be over 60 is when I qualified for my Fauci Ouchi last week, and got booked for my first jab on my birthday next week. That's as good or better a present than getting my S, which has been my present in my mind, anyway, for about a year.
Enjoy and S will be an icing on that cake of yours. May be you can still ride in your S to go get that Fauci Ouchi!

From the stats section of the new Plaid Model S section of the Tesla site:
  • Top Speed200 mph††when equipped with the proper wheels and tires (available fall 2021)
I don’t suppose anyone has details on this? Sounds like Tesla will be selling a separate high performance wheel and tire package later this year.

Concur on all points but threads is a Band-Aid approach similar to many other attempts in the past. Used to work at a National Lab couple years back and they aren't that far off. Won't be used in my Tesla anytime soon though (AI autonomous).
Hmmm, maybe Elon has thought of a way to leverage quantum computing components into Doji. Since Tesla is the place to work... ?

• Funny
Reactions: josahua
It's been years since I posted anything but I remember back to 2011 when I ordered my first MS, a Signature #6xx in that special red color with 21" wheels which was only offered to the first 1000 buyers. I waited over a year for that Tesla - delay after delay - and while I've currently got a 2015 P90D, I'm reliving that same feeling I did all those years ago. This wait for my new Tesla LR is nothing compared to the wait I had back then. Hang in there. You'll get your car and you'll love it. Very few of those Signature buyers who waited over a year without seeing the car regretted their decision.

I'm in my 70's, and was told 5-11 weeks from my order in mid February. Nothing has changed since.

sig.JPG

I notice you state that you’re old. I was wondering of all of us that have ordered LR or Plaid’s how many of us are over 60 or 70 years old. I’ll understand if no one responds. :)
Im 26, ordered on 20th january contacted SA on the refresh date and they got back to me in about 2 weeks. It takes about 2 weeks for my SA to reply to a text or email. It's been over a month now haven't heard anything from Tesla.