Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my model 3 on 5 or 6 road trips and tbh, it was a pain in the ass to have to stop every 2 hours and plan to make sure there was a charger on the route. With the model s, I don't want to kill the value by doing that so much, but EVs are definitely annoying as hell to take on road trips.

However, it's looking like I won't be getting a model s after.
Ah, I accessorized my S with a wife who gets antsy after 2 hours straight in a car, so stopping to charge became a feature. :)

I might be the first one. Going to the Porsche dealership in 30 min to see and test drive the Taycan. 😬🤭
I configured a Taycan the other night after watching a bunch of videos. I was really excited about their car until I saw the price of what I configured. At least compared to Plaid, the price difference is massive. May as well buy a lightly used Lamborghini. I found the lower trim Taycans have easier prices to stomach when comparing to the Long Range S but I want performance!

That's a great call out. Everything I have seen is calling for a slight miss in quartey delivery's by just a few thousand. If there were able to meet or beat that. This could very well be the scenerio.
That, plus a timely pump from Cathy Wood...

Like Elon, Wall Street does not care about MS owners or early adopters.

To them, we are just "Useful Idiots"

Sorry for above post, Can you not delete posts on this forum? Ordered Model S 2/28, 4-8 week delivery. Not likely based on these forums. Have a 3 Performance, since by the time I couldn't afford a Tesla I was really put off by the last gen build quality on the S vs. the 3. I'm really happy with the 3 and thought I would have it for at least a few more years but new MS just looked to awesome to resist.

It does strike me as kinda crazy that Tesla being as sophisticated as they are really have no idea when their cars are going to be manufactured. My last 3 was 2 weeks late which sucked because I had no car for that period of time. This time I'm trading in so I'm in no real hurry other than the anticipation of getting it!

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
Sorry for above post, Can you not delete posts on this forum? Ordered Model S 2/28, 4-8 week delivery. Not likely based on these forums. Have a 3 Performance, since by the time I couldn't afford a Tesla I was really put off by the last gen build quality on the S vs. the 3. I'm really happy with the 3 and thought I would have it for at least a few more years but new MS just looked to awesome to resist.

It does strike me as kinda crazy that Tesla being as sophisticated as they are really have no idea when their cars are going to be manufactured. My last 3 was 2 weeks late which sucked because I had no car for that period of time. This time I'm trading in so I'm in no real hurry other than the anticipation of getting it!
Pretty sure they know EXACTLY when except for any regulatory issues with the Yoke.

They just don't want us to know...

Dont know how accurate the delivery dates are under the account settings, but just modified my order from Long Range to a Plaid and my delivery date has now went from March to "-". Take it for what its worth but I do hope that some of you get your orders in March!

PS: Order date was Feb 4th, modified today

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
Pretty sure they know EXACTLY when except for any regulatory issues with the Yoke.

I don't actually think that they do. They just bumped back the Plaid+ at least 6-9 months, 6 months or so after talking about the release date - no idea, none. For LR/Plaid, they have testers who are clearly still working on adjustments, a full month after deliveries were said to start. So, no. They don't know.

The spotted testers and all of that is what you would have expected first week or two of Feb, max. Not end of March.

And the "why" behind that is astounding. Really don't understand why they just can't set proper expectations. I don't think a lot of us mind waiting but we do mind not knowing when to anticipate the delivery. I am fortunate to have a Model 3 so I have a vehicle in the mean time but it's rough when you promise paying customers one thing then don't update them when deadlines aren't met. IDK 🤷‍♂️

You can edit, but not delete.

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
I configured a Taycan the other night after watching a bunch of videos. I was really excited about their car until I saw the price of what I configured. At least compared to Plaid, the price difference is massive. May as well buy a lightly used Lamborghini. I found the lower trim Taycans have easier prices to stomach when comparing to the Long Range S but I want performance!

I actually test drove both the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S yesterday after hearing that my March delivery will most likely be a June delivery. Hated the everything about the Taycan. Today updated my LR order to a Plaid. Tesla is light years ahead with the reftesh

Yeah there customer service really sucks which is unfortunate. Any other car in this price range a dealer will treat you like a god. I will say the remote service techs have been nice, which is more than I can say for the sales people. I've owned pretty good ICE performance cars E63S, M3 etc. but they are too impractical. Who wants to drive through a neighborhood sounding like jet taking off? It's not just that this is a great performance car, it's one of the few practical ones.

I actually test drove both the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S yesterday after hearing that my March delivery will most likely be a June delivery. Hated the everything about the Taycan. Today updated my LR order to a Plaid. Tesla is light years ahead with the reftesh
I live in Toronto too. Taycan in the snow even with W tires seems way too impractical. They wanted to make it like a 911 and like every 911 owner I know they are not used as daily drivers.

I was going to drive a 4S, but after the walk-around shown below, got a serious case of sticker shock. Not fully loaded and more than a plaid plus!

Also - Rivian just announced their warranty:

Basic 5 years, 60,000 miles ♥️
Battery Pack/Drivetrain 8 years/ 175,000 miles

Pretty damn solid. I wish those deliveries didnt start in Jan 2022! I have a reservation in. IDK, I'm definitely on the train of: Tesla has until Wednesday next week to say something or I'm buying some *sugar* ICE car for the next 9 months.

Reactions: DBV1