Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Wonder if the factory flyovers were of test cars? There were wayy too many to be test cars though, right? Or maybe they're all missing one part..
Anyone think the refreshed MS vehicles seen on the trucks in the past few weeks were all demo cars to be shipped out to all the Tesla SC’s across the US so consumers and auto industry media can test drive for evaluations and media reviews? Plausible right?

Anyone think the refreshed MS vehicles seen on the trucks in the past few weeks were all demo cars to be shipped out to all the Tesla SC’s across the US so consumers and auto industry media can test drive for evaluations and media reviews? Plausible right?
Plausible, but that'd mean the service reps had inaccurate info. They told me they were personally informed that customers were the priority, and that showroom models would come afterwards. So, I could expect to test drive at the end of May.

The impatience conveyed in this post shows that you certainly were not around in 2010-2012, when it was years of waiting without answers.
Maybe. But there's a bit of a difference between waiting for an update from a startup that's only produced a few of a single line of car (roadster), and waiting for an update from one of the most highly valued public companies in the world, which produces hundreds of thousands of cars across four models every year.

Reactions: aerodyne
Plausible, but that'd mean the service reps had inaccurate info. They told me they were personally informed that customers were the priority, and that showroom models would come afterwards. So, I could expect to test drive at the end of May.
“Personally informed” by whom? Another SA? Someone on this forum? :)

Tesla isn’t telling anyone outside of Fremont what’s going on.

Reactions: foos
And the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing while the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. 🤪

The impatience conveyed in this post shows that you certainly were not around in 2010-2012, when it was years of waiting without answers.
Haha true that. Though back then they were really just ramping a first product. This is just a refresh and overhaul of existing tooling ...

Though I'm not being impatient. I'm expecting June hopefully

“Personally informed” by whom? Another SA? Someone on this forum? :)

Tesla isn’t telling anyone outside of Fremont what’s going on.
According to two SA's in different locations, and again - grain of salt, but two locations in NJ have told me that it's come from up the chain. Priority is customers, not showroom cars. The timeline estimate? That was just something they threw out there, NOT an update from up the chain.

Point is, the flyover cars are most likely NOT cars for the showroom. They could be test cars or customer cars. If they're customer cars, they're probably missing something, considering they haven't shipped.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and elguapo
One of the SAs I talked to out of GA regarding a test drive last week said late May for demo cars as well. So timing either is a guestimate from them or guidance from somewhere. Two different regions saying May this could be a coincidence or guidance from above. I'm sure they're not letting them all sit out there with no knowledge whatsoever.

Side note. Anyone else download the user manual like 3x a day to see if it gets updated? Lol

It's one thing to be a company producing it's first (and, extremely risky/likely to fail) product and one that's been in business 10+ years, having sold over a million cars (with an estimated 750k - 1m this year alone) and being worth ~$700 billion in market cap value.

These aren't even new products. Yes, I get a lot of new design, but it's not literally from scratch new. Come on, you can't give us an update in between literally the 600 memes posted this week alone?

it's not literally from scratch new. Come on, you can't give us an update in between literally the 600 memes posted this week alone?
Isn't it technically from scratch? I know the product looks the same but the entire chassis design is new, the interior is new, the factory line combining S/X into one line is new. Not intending to defend them, I want my car too, I just think this huge holdup is an issue either in software, factory permit, or some new part for the interior not delivering. I just wish we knew what it was.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Isn't it technically from scratch? I know the product looks the same but the entire chassis design is new, the interior is new, the factory line combining S/X into one line is new. Not intending to defend them, I want my car too, I just think this huge holdup is an issue either in software, factory permit, or some new part for the interior not delivering. I just wish we knew what it was.

I think the holdup is:

- The yoke
- The software
- The battery architecture
- The chip shortage
- The factory fire
- The new ambient lights
- The new diffuser
- The touchscreen
- The ventilated seats
- The trim pieces
- The cameras/sensors
- The pedals
- The floormats

IDK, did I get most of em?

Congrats and sweet ride! I had put a deposit on one couple of years before chickening out. But because I had placed a deposit, I got tons of goodies fro Porsche on a regular basis.
Btw, why is it sitting so high? Is that the default ride height?
Thank you sir. No it’s not. I raised it to get over the parking stop so it wouldn’t scrape. That’s at its highest setting.

looks nice, Angelo! Post some pictures of the interior, please?
Forgot my son took this one while at the dealership when I was getting a crash course on the basic functions.

Attachments

• 8F432787-42F9-48FD-9058-F69093832BCE.jpeg
    8F432787-42F9-48FD-9058-F69093832BCE.jpeg
    447.5 KB · Views: 102
Forgot my son took this one while at the dealership when I was getting a crash course on the basic functions.
Gorgeous body, and quality of build, but that interior...I think there is too much to look at, touch and futz with....yes, would probably get used to it, but why would one have to? I appreciate the simplicity and elegance of the S even more so now.....

Last edited: