Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a lawyer, but feel like this is more of a “you really pissed me off Tesla” type thing and not a lawsuit. So perhaps Elon needs a timeout or he should lose his screen time for a bit...
I was just replying to a couple of folks threatening a lawsuit. By ordering and acknowledging the agreement, you agree that arbitration is the only way to obtain a remedy. Let me know how that goes, folks! (not you elguapo)

Tesla had a meeting this morning re: revised dates.

• July dates should be taken as a grain of salt. They are working on updating the timelines.

• They expect deliveries to start in the coming month.

• They should have more guidance end of this week/early next week.
Finger's crossed.. I think your profile picture accurately represents how most of us are feeling at the moment lol.

Just as a side note, it’s interesting to see how the former Technology/Design VP at Tesla handles his new car company, Lucid and the kinds of fairly unfiltered but informative information they provide on their upcoming releases of the new Lucid Air (this video was just uploaded today and it’s Rawlinson driving a Lucid Air GT 800HP/TQ / 500+ mi version that may be released later this year) through the streets of NYC. Lucid's attention to detail and quality control sounds very, very promising and the design of the vehicle is amazing, imho...had a $1,000 deposit on a Lucid Air GT but then canceled after they announced a delay to the 2nd half of 2021 and was unsure about the vehicle and manufacturer since it's all brand new...but the Lucid Air GT may very well be my next EV after the Tesla MS Plaid in 2-3 years or whatever...going to watch how well the Lucid Air and upcoming Lucid SUV EV are received over the next couple years. Anyhow, I wish Tesla would do stuff like this...

Btw - my Tesla acct says July but hoping for May or June of course.
My 2nd favorite EV behind the Model S.

So glad I found this forum. The entertainment is worth the price of admission and the commiserating makes the wait just a little bit easier. At least there’s real time feedback ! I had been searching “Tesla news” and relying on SA before finding this. Thanks guys!
If you ordered a Model S, you'll have plenty of time to read through all the older posts while you're waiting for delivery ha

Elon will happily give you that hundo back from the roll of bills he uses to wipe his arse ...
Lol... No matter how long the delay, there's one thing that matters most. If it wasn't for Mr. Musk, we'd all be miserable driving ice cars the rest of our lives.
No way the Nissan Leaf nor Chevy Volt (no offense Tiger) would have started the EV revolution...

The reality is, it’s all speculation. For all those people that had an estimated delivery date changed to July, that doesn’t mean anything without a comment from the company. It’s quite possible that those that had a past expected delivery date simply had it changed with a place holder. I bet they start delivering within the next couple of weeks.

Can you guys be done with the ridiculous talk about suing Tesla and arbitration? It's a bit nutty and whomever thinks they're going to successfully sue Tesla over a manufacturing delay vs. whatever Elon Musk tweeted or said, good luck to you. Tell us how it all works out. :rolleyes:
Yes - but Elon has a lovely history getting into trouble with the SEC for his lies and other silliness in his Twitter pronouncements.

So if the CEO announces that cars were in production - which was obviously a lie -- I suppose one could argue this materially affected investors and stockholders.

So maybe they have a case - but the poor schnooks who put down their deposits -- doubtful...

I don’t mind waiting for delivery but what sucks is that if my January 15th S order delivers in June/July, it’s a half a year old and the 2022’s are out in 6 month and my 6 month old car is instantly worth only 65K. Let’s hope they are at least labeled 21.5’s or even 2022’s if the bulk aren’t delivered till July-Sept. Sort of not fair since most of us ordered in Jan And were expecting March delivery. Also has anyone confirmed the rear 19 tire size? 285/40R19?

I don’t mind waiting for delivery but what sucks is that if my January 15th S order delivers in June/July, it’s a half a year old and the 2022’s are out in 6 month and my 6 month old car is instantly worth only 65K. Let’s hope they are at least labeled 21.5’s or even 2022’s if the bulk aren’t delivered till July-Sept. Sort of not fair since most of us ordered in Jan And were expecting March delivery. Also has anyone confirmed the rear 19 tire size? 285/40R19?
Keep in mind this impacts all Model S's for Tesla in the 2021 model year, therefore need not worry as all will be judged the same and comp'd out the same.