Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this is new info, but I just noticed that building a new default build MS shows a delivery of 10-14 weeks.
View attachment 652211

Building a new default MX results in a delivery of May-June

View attachment 652212
I'm speculating that there is a lot more pre-order interest in the MS than the MX given the interest in this tracking thread. So the longer wait for a new order may be just because of more backlog to clear for the MS. But that still points to deliveries a lot sooner than July for existing orders.🤞
that’s what it was when i ordered on march 23rd - it’s just a placeholder. fwiw, mine still says 10-14 weeks from order date.

I was at the San Francisco service center earlier today, and took the opportunity to go snoop around the sales floor and ask questions (using my Plaid+ reservation as an excuse to start the conversation).

Here are the relevant tidbits I walked away with that might be new information:

1. There are already a few customer deliveries happening, but only to Tesla employees and “VIPs” (whatever that means)

2. Showrooms will not get any refreshed models until there is significant production, likely not until May or June

3. I could have chosen to move my Plaid+ reservation on the spot to “regular” Plaid or LR, but it’s effectively like making a new reservation (thereby losing my advantage of lower FSD price, and going to the back of the current line)
I went through the whole process of an official request to downgrade my plaid plus that I ordered on 9/22/20 to a long range in an attempt to preserve my place in line and keep the old FSD pricing.
After Several days I got a no.
I decided just to place a new order on 3/11/21 for a long range and leave my plaid plus order as is, so I could still take advantage of it if I wanted to. Almost seems like the plaid plus and the roadster are on a similar timetable.

F9CF2D4C-7171-4B12-9769-DD532A5B5207.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is new info, but I just noticed that building a new default build MS shows a delivery of 10-14 weeks.
View attachment 652211

Building a new default MX results in a delivery of May-June

View attachment 652212
I'm speculating that there is a lot more pre-order interest in the MS than the MX given the interest in this tracking thread. So the longer wait for a new order may be just because of more backlog to clear for the MS. But that still points to deliveries a lot sooner than July for existing orders.🤞

No, this is not new. It's been that way for at least a month. I think they just have not updated the X timeline at all.

Reactions: T-Racer
I went through the whole process of an official request to downgrade my plaid plus that I ordered on 9/22/20 to a long range in an attempt to preserve my place in line and keep the old FSD pricing.
After Several days I got a no.
I decided just to place a new order on 3/11/21 for a long range and leave my plaid plus order as is, so I could still take advantage of it if I wanted to. Almost seems like the plaid plus and the roadster are on a similar timetable.

View attachment 652220

You're getting a free roadster??

As for VIN and Delivery info, I am “Estimated Delivery: -“. Best I can tell, our sources are as follows, likely in order of most likely to be legit:

1) @sam3194
2) Random folks on Reddit, who then get picked up on Twitter and then get covered as “breaking updates” by the EV websites.
3) Folks who say “I have a VIN, I just can’t show you.” I put myself in this category because, hey, you can’t prove I don’t have a VIN.
4) Someone’s brother’s, friend’s, girlfriend’s uncle whose company makes the badging for Teslas or [insert completely absurd relationship here].

Note: Sadly, Tesla is not a source of info, but they could be a solid #5...

As for VIN and Delivery info, I am “Estimated Delivery: -“. Best I can tell, our sources are as follows, likely in order of most likely to be legit:

1) @sam3194
2) Random folks on Reddit, who then get picked up on Twitter and then get covered as “breaking updates” by the EV websites.
3) Folks who say “I have a VIN, I just can’t show you.” I put myself in this category because, hey, you can’t prove I don’t have a VIN.
4) Someone’s brother’s, friend’s, girlfriend’s uncle whose company makes the badging for Teslas or [insert completely absurd relationship here].

Honored

1) @sam3194

Tesla's information has been a runny number two...

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc
Boss said his Model X order got changed to May delivery estimate. So hoping they pump out a crap ton of MS first maybe just maybe we'll start to see Cali deliveries start happening in 2 weeks.

Someone replied to a comment I made somewhere else asking me why I thought Cali would get them first. Saying that Cali is always last at EOQ. Hahaha. The interwebs are full of fun

Lol, what a *sugar* show. Now my order is showing delivery in "July" (placed 2/2/21). By my count the 1st of July is 12 weeks away, so that means my actual delivery timeline is "12 to 16 weeks". And yet new orders placed today are showing 10-14 week delivery time... Uhhh, yeah. Tesla is f-ing clueless.

An actually update on timing - kind of and, as usual, not especially useful, but “A” for effort from my SA.

My SA (who has been great at communicating, I must say), sent an unsolicited email to me late tonight saying I should expect delivery between May 1 and June 30 and ensuring me it would be “worth the wait”. Of course, it gosh darn better be. I was half expecting a “for your troubles, we will give $100 off the price” just because it would be such a Tesla thing to do and ludicrous...see what I did there?

So, I guess that’s between my current “-“ in my account and the July some people have. Hey, it was communication!

That's a great deal! Curious to know why you are missing out on first 5 referrals. and gddamn, 17 referrals is a lot! u run a YT channel or something?
The old referral program used to have a secret level after the first 5. Received a Tesla for kids, a Powerwall 2, Arachnid Wheels and a few other benefits from the first 5. I have 70 referrals now.
Yes I do have a YouTube channel.
“The Tesla Guy”

The old referral program used to have a secret level after the first 5. Received a Tesla for kids, a Powerwall 2, Arachnid Wheels and a few other benefits from the first 5. I have 70 referrals now.
Yes I do have a YouTube channel.
“The Tesla Guy”
Great job getting 70 referrals. You have a new subscriber 'Andrew G'- notifications turned on. Pretty crazy how many Tesla channels now on YT.
When I typed-in 'The Tesla Guy' into search, the first channel on the list was 'This Guy's Tesla' then 'That Tesla Guy' - 'Frugal Tesla Guy' - 'Tall Tesla Guy' and finally 'The Tesla Guy.' Surprised your channel didn't show first on the list since that's what I searched..... Roadster videos please lol.