Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you make a change to your order today, will it effect your place in line? I’m really thinking about changing to white and black interior but naturally I don’t want to get in the back of the line. I should be really close to the front... thoughts?
It would be great if we could 'edit' our reservations while nothing is happening. At least until production starts. It could be risky making a change but probably not. Good luck getting a SA on the phone though hah. They could probably assist you with no problem especially prior to the start of production.
This is more speculation though because I don't know for sure.. Hope it works because I'd like to change to silver metallic from solid black.

Reactions: Lesran
It would be great if we could 'edit' our reservations while nothing is happening. At least until production starts. It could be risky making a change but probably not. Good luck getting a SA on the phone though hah. They could probably assist you with no problem especially prior to the start of production.
This is more speculation though because I don't know for sure.. Hope it works because I'd like to change to silver metallic from solid black.
It's better to get what you want, even if it means the risk of waiting longer.

Reactions: Moose57
Though I've noticed some of the details are still to be worked out, hopefully they address these issues (or are they normal/acceptable?)
The theory is that all the mules we have seen have been built on the old S-line (which is used for prototypes and one offs) so they are not indicative of final build quality

It would be great if we could 'edit' our reservations while nothing is happening.
They are still doing production planning, so folks constantly messing with configs would mess with production planning

At this point I’ll be disappointed if my car comes with the full trim in place.
Did we not agree earlier that the car goes faster without the trim :)

Last edited:
Reactions: doubleshot
In regards to my previous question; I ordered the Plaid in white with black/black interior, after seeing the white/black interior, I kind of like it. The only thing I am not sure of is the Plaid with white interior comes with carbon fiber, what I think I really like is the white/black interior on the LR, it has the wood accents (many photos online). I will wait to see if the order can be changed without losing my place in line, and them I will decide.

In regards to my previous question; I ordered the Plaid in white with black/black interior, after seeing the white/black interior, I kind of like it. The only thing I am not sure of is the Plaid with white interior comes with carbon fiber, what I think I really like is the white/black interior on the LR, it has the wood accents (many photos online). I will wait to see if the order can be changed without losing my place in line, and them I will decide.
You can always swap out trim pieces after delivery with the walnut trim from the LR. IIRC its ~$1000 in parts and a couple of hours of labor (or do it yourself--they just snap in). You could probably recoup some of the $1000 by selling the CF bits.

You can always swap out trim pieces after delivery with the walnut trim from the LR. IIRC its ~$1000 in parts and a couple of hours of labor (or do it yourself--they just snap in). You could probably recoup some of the $1000 by selling the CF bits.
fingers crossed that i can do the same, but swap for carbon fiber on the long range!
also.. i'm not seeing the 'ambient lighting' on any of these mules, even though the light strips are in the renders...

my order still says 10-14 weeks from order date.. yeah, right.

fingers crossed that i can do the same, but swap for carbon fiber on the long range!
also.. i'm not seeing the 'ambient lighting' on any of these mules, even though the light strips are in the renders...

my order still says 10-14 weeks from order date.. yeah, right.
Maybe you and @Lesran can work a swap out :)

• Love
Reactions: cascadilla
I'll trade you the CF for Wood in my LR with Black interior.