Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

Laddcruzer

Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2021
Santa Cruz
On my order page right above the upload proof of car insurance I get this drop down with inexplainable choices. Anyone have a clue about this. Just appeared tonight.

Attachments

• DCF2D234-71EB-42E1-8BE5-00D2B95C9B40.png
    DCF2D234-71EB-42E1-8BE5-00D2B95C9B40.png
    538.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Funny
Reactions: T-Racer

Chris++

Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Tesla finally added a check next to insurance on my account. Seems like some progress to me, but I still don’t have an estimated date...

Attachments

• 70220C35-6133-4FFD-84C4-4C2E2489D77D.png
    70220C35-6133-4FFD-84C4-4C2E2489D77D.png
    379.6 KB · Views: 38

Hayseed_MS

Who's the Good Doge?
Jan 19, 2021
Strongbadia
All task completed on mine - nothing changed there. It does now show "estimated delivery -" that was not there a couple days ago. Still cautiously optimistic it means something.

I too, have thought about the Y but know it is just because I am inpatient and will not be happy once the S is out. I am waiting. Soon I will be driving the S and all this will be forgotten.

croman

Nov 21, 2016
Chicago, IL
Seriously you'll look back and laugh about this anxiety. It took 9 long weeks when I ordered in 2016 and I read every post, saw all the videos, and went nuts. A day after delivery and all that was firmly in the rearview.

Breathe, get everything together and try to forget about it until you're at the day of delivery and Tesla has confirmed everything. Until then it's out of your hands.

Bring a checklist to delivery and take your time to ensure you'll be happy with your car. Don't leave without being sure you're willing to keep it.

Milamber

Apr 8, 2021
Georgia
Order MSLR RN1144
Emails only correspondence:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your TA (Tesla Advisor)
2/22---ME--"Hi TA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
crickets
2/25---ME--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---ME--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
crickets

I guess it beats the 5 calls a day I was receiving from different car salesman

Reactions: T-Racer and Tigers

TrevTremaine

Mar 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes you are correct.....BUT...Did you finally get one of these that showed up on my order page for the first time yesterday? 😂🤣

View attachment 658356
Well, mine is going to be delivered today! It HAS to be since it still says "Estimated Delivery: April". I gather I'm in some kind of time loop that took me back to the 1st of the month. ;)

dlfjed

Nov 15, 2020
New York
Actually, having posted that I believe Elon probably sees customers as those little guys. We are merely waiting for the claw or in this case a dash. 🤣🤣

gadelrosario

Mar 18, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I noticed the UI for uploading my insurance had changed slightly.
On my order page right above the upload proof of car insurance I get this drop down with inexplainable choices. Anyone have a clue about this. Just appeared tonight.
It’s Tesla-speak for “let’s change something on the page and drive everyone nuts.” I do see it on my page too along with a box for the 5-digit code for the insurance company.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer

Neon001

May 12, 2019
Md
What are folks with trade-ins doing for your pre-order? I've had my Model 3 trade-in expire twice, and at this point I'm holding off updating it since the valuation lock-in is only good for 30 days. My thinking is that I'd be better waiting a couple weeks to lock in the mid-May value and have it valid until mid-June rather than lock-in now (possibly slightly better value) and then have it expire at the end of June and have delivery a week later, and be forced to take an early june value (probably slightly lower value than mid-May).

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but the trade in value over the last two offers came down over $1k, and I hadn't even put 1000 miles on the car.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC