Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% same situation. Can't settle when the new MS is right around the corner, even if it means waiting. Maybe we can play on the playground together?
Well placed an order for a Y today… timing wise if it shows up first I will defer until I get chance at a refresh test drive… one way or another I hope to be driving electric by Q4

Reactions: elguapo and T-Racer
On my order page right above the upload proof of car insurance I get this drop down with inexplainable choices. Anyone have a clue about this. Just appeared tonight.

Attachments

• DCF2D234-71EB-42E1-8BE5-00D2B95C9B40.png
    DCF2D234-71EB-42E1-8BE5-00D2B95C9B40.png
    538.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
All task completed on mine - nothing changed there. It does now show "estimated delivery -" that was not there a couple days ago. Still cautiously optimistic it means something.

I too, have thought about the Y but know it is just because I am inpatient and will not be happy once the S is out. I am waiting. Soon I will be driving the S and all this will be forgotten.

Seriously you'll look back and laugh about this anxiety. It took 9 long weeks when I ordered in 2016 and I read every post, saw all the videos, and went nuts. A day after delivery and all that was firmly in the rearview.

Breathe, get everything together and try to forget about it until you're at the day of delivery and Tesla has confirmed everything. Until then it's out of your hands.

Bring a checklist to delivery and take your time to ensure you'll be happy with your car. Don't leave without being sure you're willing to keep it.

Order MSLR RN1144
Emails only correspondence:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your TA (Tesla Advisor)
2/22---ME--"Hi TA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
crickets
2/25---ME--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---ME--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
crickets

I guess it beats the 5 calls a day I was receiving from different car salesman

Reactions: T-Racer and Tigers
Yes you are correct.....BUT...Did you finally get one of these that showed up on my order page for the first time yesterday? 😂🤣

View attachment 658356
Well, mine is going to be delivered today! It HAS to be since it still says "Estimated Delivery: April". I gather I'm in some kind of time loop that took me back to the 1st of the month. ;)

I noticed the UI for uploading my insurance had changed slightly.
On my order page right above the upload proof of car insurance I get this drop down with inexplainable choices. Anyone have a clue about this. Just appeared tonight.
It’s Tesla-speak for “let’s change something on the page and drive everyone nuts.” I do see it on my page too along with a box for the 5-digit code for the insurance company.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer
What are folks with trade-ins doing for your pre-order? I've had my Model 3 trade-in expire twice, and at this point I'm holding off updating it since the valuation lock-in is only good for 30 days. My thinking is that I'd be better waiting a couple weeks to lock in the mid-May value and have it valid until mid-June rather than lock-in now (possibly slightly better value) and then have it expire at the end of June and have delivery a week later, and be forced to take an early june value (probably slightly lower value than mid-May).

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but the trade in value over the last two offers came down over $1k, and I hadn't even put 1000 miles on the car.