Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what the rims look like under the aero hubcaps for the 19" wheels? Assuming they are the same as previous models?
wheels.jpg

View attachment 659317View attachment 659318
it seems like both A5 and A8 are all S. and there were dozen more or so surrounding the factory.

View attachment 659330:oops:maybe a couple more in White. Sorry Tiger, no Red.

You guys have magic eyes. I look so carefully on these flyovers and miss the MS's every time... Anyway, it is encouraging to see more on the lot. I hit week 10 of my "10 to 14-week" estimate on May 19th. Maybe this was an accurate timeline :p

Reactions: JackD and Tigers
I assume for new orders only as it is showing Q1 for new bookings here as well but I still have November as estimated delivery on mine.

Yeah, for new orders only - I waited to place an order for a Plaid+ until the first deliveries were made in february-march to get some reviews... LOL. But good luck with the November estimated delivery! (sincerely) I would't bet on it.

I placed a reservation/order for a Plaid+ (before it was actually called a +) on the day the website allowed me to order. In fact, within hours because when I first tried it wasn't there. I came back and refreshed a couple hours later and it was. My Tesla "rep" called me shortly after I placed the order to confirm. He told me (probably because he was being told) that it would be mid-late October 2021. I was skeptical, but hopeful, as I expected the new 4680 cells would be the cause of delay, which I haven't heard much about since LG stated they had "production samples" over a month ago.

Anyway, since that time, I've seen rumors of a Plaid (non +) using current battery technology. In fact, my rep called a few months ago and said I could have a new Plaid with current batteries by the end of that month. I told him I'd wait. This is the same scenario when I bought my P90D. The P100D was close to production, but was only being marketed as longer range, but same voltage i.e. same power/acceleration. I wasn't willing to pay the extra $10K for an extra 10kWh of battery. Shortly after they announced the P100D would get a voltage bump.