Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look I am the first to say don't believe the hype from SA's....but just to report what I was just told. My SA has not returned a call or text since I ordered my MS Plaid in early February. He called me today, unsolicited, and said I will have an updated delivery date on my order tomorrow. He said he has not reached out because his whole team has been given no information at all for months, however they just had meeting with corporate and was calling to let me know to check my site to tomorrow and the date will update. Just putting it out there.

Look I am the first to say don't believe the hype from SA's....but just to report what I was just told. My SA has not returned a call or text since I ordered my MS Plaid in early February. He called me today, unsolicited, and said I will have an updated delivery date on my order tomorrow. He said he has not reached out because his whole team has been given no information at all for months, however they just had meeting with corporate and was calling to let me know to check my site to tomorrow and the date will update. Just putting it out there.
I’ve received no call from SA so is this promised update just for Plaid and not for LR?

I wonder what these "dates" will look like. If we wake up tomorrow and everyone has July/August on their account... Is that really any better than what we've had for 3 months?

I know some of us have stupid things like "-" or "4-11 weeks from order date"... But getting a blanket July/August would be next to useless.

I don't know how possible, but it would be great to get like a 2-3 week window (like 3/y). Won't mean much but make me feel better that they aren't just throwing blanket *sugar* out there.

I wonder what these "dates" will look like. If we wake up tomorrow and everyone has July/August on their account... Is that really any better than what we've had for 3 months?

I know some of us have stupid things like "-" or "4-11 weeks from order date"... But getting a blanket July/August would be next to useless.

I don't know how possible, but it would be great to get like a 2-3 week window (like 3/y). Won't mean much but make me feel better that they aren't just throwing blanket *sugar* out there.
Exactly. It could easily be some random date range in July, Aug or Sept. Just because it will be updated does not mean it will be updated with anything positive.

Guess I’m so desperate that I’d take *sugar* over silence. How sad is that?

I couldn’t update the spreadsheet, but mine falls outside that range.

RN1144 (RN11441847X to be precise)
Ordered 1/27/21
MSLR Blue/Cream 19” Tempest wheels (I’m all about range)
Yoke Steering

My delivery estimate is currently “-“. It was Mar 1-31 at time of order, then July for a day mid-April, and “-“ ever since.
Not sure why, but I'll add you

Since my account has said “July” since the change from “March” when it happened to most of us at the same time, so any positive change to my account would have to be June, an actual VIN or more likely no change. I’ll check it tomorrow throughout the day like everyone else but I’m not sure if I’ll see any change. We’ll see what happens but not holding my breath.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Tigers
Since my account has said “July” since the change from “March” when it happened to most of us at the same time, so any positive change to my account would have to be June, an actual VIN or more likely no change. I’ll check it tomorrow throughout the day like everyone else but I’m not sure if I’ll see any change. We’ll see what happens but not holding my breath.

Yeah mine said July before the color change and is now "-" I bet it just goes back to "July"

Or just one big middle finger.

You guys have been busy, n is now ~50
  • RN Breakdown
    • Under RN1141: 10/25/20 or earlier
    • RN1142: 11/29/20 - 12/20/20
    • RN1143: 12/20/20 - 2/1/21
    • RN1144: 1/20/21 - 2/19/21
    • RN1145: 2/15/21 - 2/20/21
    • RN1146: 3/8/21 - 3/24/21
    • RN1147: 2/4/21 - 4/13/21 (overlaps prior two?)
    • RN1148: 4/25/21 - 5/1/21
  • Colors
    • MSM 16, Black 9, Blue 8, Red 8, White 7
  • Still mostly LRs ~90%
  • There is a less clear pattern on current delivery dates, maybe because folks making changes end up getting a "-"
Link: Refresh Model S Tracking

i can't tell from this dude's videos they're way too low res to check and see what cars are what. just interesting stuff, most of that pic is Model Y, but possibly some Model S in the background, but no idea with this low resness. this dude needs a better drone lol, and he always takes video of the back of the cars, almost impossible to tell from the sky MS vs M3 from the back.

Those are mostly Model S on the far left.

Fremont 051321.JPG

You guys have been busy, n is now ~50
  • RN Breakdown
    • Under RN1141: 10/25/20 or earlier
    • RN1142: 11/29/20 - 12/20/20
    • RN1143: 12/20/20 - 2/1/21
    • RN1144: 1/20/21 - 2/19/21
    • RN1145: 2/15/21 - 2/20/21
    • RN1146: 3/8/21 - 3/24/21
    • RN1147: 2/4/21 - 4/13/21 (overlaps prior two?)
    • RN1148: 4/25/21 - 5/1/21
  • Colors
    • MSM 16, Black 9, Blue 8, Red 8, White 7
  • Still mostly LRs ~90%
  • There is a less clear pattern on current delivery dates, maybe because folks making changes end up getting a "-"
Link: Refresh Model S Tracking
Omar: thanks for sharing URL. I made a typo while entering order date. Corrected it now 👍

I have been told it will be listed as a month and not a specific date range. Some people have been given "June" and some "July".