Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To me it looks like they do have a lot of MS inventory to ship out, within June timeframe too. But for some reason they are not shipping them yet. Does looks like really dirty ones from by the train tracks too. Speculation on my part, and I said this before, I think it’s due to not getting an answer from the NHTSA on the yoke and no stalk for selecting gears. I speculate Tesla built them this way and tried to force NHTSAs hand into allowing it, but couldn’t get approval and therefore couldn’t ship. It would surprise me that you would build all of these cars and not ship them due to no CF or White interior stock issues. That would only effect new orders I would believe, but people would get assigned to some of the ones sitting in those parking lots with a delivery date and VIN. Can’t be batteries because the cars are built. If it was software, they could ship the cars and send an update once the cars are at the dealerships.

Again, speculation on my part. But I dk, kind of makes sense....no real reason not to ship these. Why would they rather pay to store them on an off site parking lot.....

NHTSA approval is not needed for either.

I just got a call from someone in Fremont. They confirmed that CF trim for now extends the order to August but because mine is already in, end of June should still be correct for my MS Plaid. Plaid+ not until mid-2022 as shown on the site. He said all financing through Tesla should be good for 90 days which is good because I shouldn't have to re-up.
Good news for you! Did you happen to ask about LR deliveries in support of all your TMC friends? 😀

Why won’t they tell us why they’re all just sitting there? Why doesn’t this get in the press, like Teslarati?
Because all Teslarati does is monitor forums like this and then regurgitates it. Now that’s it’s posted here, it will be on Teslarati, InsideEVs, CNN, CNBC, etc. This group is pretty much Tesla’s PR department.

I just got a call from someone in Fremont. They confirmed that CF trim for now extends the order to August but because mine is already in, end of June should still be correct for my MS Plaid. Plaid+ not until mid-2022 as shown on the site. He said all financing through Tesla should be good for 90 days which is good because I shouldn't have to re-up.
Nice! Is that consistent with what the delivery estimate shows?

Yeah still wondering about my order…MS Plaid white w/ white & CF interior but I ordered 2/5/21 so I have no idea if my car is already built and waiting to pair the VIN with my order. I was March - July - June 1-30 - August and now blank since most of our accounts changed last week.

Well that sound promising. Not going to hold my breath at this point though...

And when did you order?