Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And LRs get color match handles? I see some with and some without....
I honestly think it is just lighting/angles. For instance, the red and white ones don't have color matched...that would be obvious. That said, MSM may be difficult to distinguish between black and body color. I bet what you see (and i see it too) as "matched color" is just the angle.

I just received a call from Tesla in Fremont. The person said he was from Tesla Owner Loyalty and offered to pivot my Plaid+ order to a Plaid order that could be delivered as soon as next month (June). I told him I just bought my current S in December and if there is no financial incentive to take the Plaid then I'll just wait for the +. He mentioned that there are a lot of people doing the same and that there was no incentive other than being able to have the Plaid very soon.

Are these the vehicles that were stacked next to the railway siding for a couple weeks? Just thinking these may be vehicles that were rejected as they cdd as me off line. Possible they are waiting to be returned for repairs.

Reactions: Fwizzy
Given that white was the most popular car color in 2020 and that white is the only free color for the model S refresh, I think white will be the most popular refresh color. As for why we've seen so few white cars in photos, I don't know.
Highly unlikely. White is the most common color for low-end cars, mainly people who aren’t very interested in cars and just want a very basic, economical thing. That’s not who is buying a Model S.

It’s all about profit margin. Plaid FSD paid colors will be before.. and the most generic cars- last delivery regardless of order date.
I have FSD ($10k option), white/black/CF interior option (extra $$) and upgraded 21” wheels (extra $$) but white ext color. My MS Plaid came out to $146k+ w/ FL tax so sorry I don’t think the extra $1500 or whatever for another ext color should push my order further out than others.

Highly unlikely. White is the most common color for low-end cars, mainly people who aren’t very interested in cars and just want a very basic, economical thing. That’s not who is buying a Model S.
I disagree and we have the stats to prove that your theory is inaccurate. Just look at the refreshed Model S tracking sheet and you will see that White is 25% of the orders and the second most popular color after MSM

Reactions: Moose57
You’re wrong. Sorry but I’ve had black, gunmetal grey, silver, other color and white vehicles in the past. White is actually best for the S FL’s heat year round and stays clean better than any other color. That’s why white is the most popular vehicle color in the state; has nothing to do with it looking plain or whatever…nothing “low end” about the color.

You’re wrong. Sorry but I’ve had black, gunmetal grey, silver, other color and white vehicles in the past. White is actually best for the S FL’s heat year round and stays clean better than any other color. That’s why white is the most popular vehicle color in the state; has nothing to do with it looking plain or whatever…nothing “low end” about the color.

I am new to Teslas but wasn't there a white not too long ago which was an add-on option of $2000-2500? Was it different than the white currently on offer?
Likewise, I remember black being the "free" color while others were an added option.