Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really makes no difference. Nobody on here is going to be accelerating to 60 in 2 seconds, or even 3 seconds, except maybe on the first day as a proof of concept.
Speak for yourself. I’ll be doing it to at least 50 at every red light when I am in front. Did the same thing with the GT. Why stop now?

So I called the Del Amo Tesla store in Torrance, CA to ask a specific question: since red MS' appear to be manufactured minimally, would switching to MSM put me in back of the line. The random SA (male) who answered the phone very cavalierly told me that it doesn't matter what color I choose, I'm not getting my car until end of Q3 or October. I pointed out that that's the estimated delivery date for orders placed today and he said it doesn't matter when the LR order was placed - today or last year - I'm getting my car September or October. I get that these SAs have PTSD from responding to the extremely unhappy LR purchasers with zip information about their orders but I think that SAs, regardless, should be sensitive to the fact that there are people who've been waiting for more than six months now for their cars and have been wholly ignored by Tesla.
That better not be the case! If I have to wait an entire YEAR for my car, I'm getting the Lucid.

And no trucks are picking those up are they? It's storage. Same few hundred they've moved around for weeks! Just my speculation but makes sense to me. All the 3/Y's getting picked up are in the lanes that actually have space for trucks where S's haven't been in a while sans one or two sporadically
It could be storage, but these are not cars we have been seeing for weeks. The overflow lot still appears to be full and you can tell that they haven't been moving these cars around as they are in the same places as when they first moved them there. There are more cars around the plant in general including new cars on the dirt road and the holding lot across from the dirt road.

To me it is clear they are producing cars now, maybe not quickly, but still some kind of production. Now as to when they are actually going to load them on trucks and ship out? 🤷‍♂️

I'm in a car that goes zero to 60 in 11 seconds right now. No joke. It's actually dangerous to have a car this slow.
Guess I shouldn't feel so bad after after I sold my 2019 Jaguar EV, I've been driving my daughter's car (that I bought her, lol), a 2019 Acura RDX AWD A-Spec then huh? It's not exactly "quick" (I think 0-60mph in ~ 6 sec maybe) but it's actually quite a pleasure to drive...for an ICE vehicle anyway, haha. ;)