Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is expecting a PLAID in June, you'll be disappointed. ONly 22 PLAIDS have been made. The event was postponed because they didn't have enough cars ready for the event. The event looked like hell, Elon had to read from a powerpoint. Looks totally unprepared.
For those of you who insist on AM radio, here’s the add on.
Bon Venu AM FM Pocket Radio Transistor Shower Radio– Portable – Superior Reception, High Clarity & Pleasant Sound – Telescopic FM & Magnetic AM Antenna – Built-in Speaker – Earphones Jack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NXRCVT5/
Thanks, I‘m on it. Perfect contrast to a refreshed Plaid.

I see no mention of Sirius XM in the manual. So, is this not a feature anymore. Still can’t believe Tesla can not figure a way to have AM radio either.

FYI Elon - when traveling, cell does not always have coverage, so that is why Sirius and AM radio is nice.

I can understand why it's not a priority ... just about all of these sources are available streaming now ...

I still have an XM subscription for some reason, not exactly sure why. I spend 99% of my time on Spotify and the quality is so much better than XM's terrible lossy compressed codec.

So the headlamps are adaptive. I would think that involves a design similar to the MYP headlamps. On a 6 figure car I’m glad they have caught up :)
I love adaptive headlamps. Had them on my '09 Boxster S and my leased '18 WRX. Glad to be getting them on the S. Hope they're on the LR and not just the Plaid.

Some thoughts after attending yesterday’s event:

The good:
- Cars look way better in person than what’s shown on the websites.
- Especially, the arachnids look much better with any color.
- Interior is super nice. Seats are comfy.
- The UI is fluid and seemed very responsive.
- The body of the car is slightly wider, looks sportier.
- The acceleration is out of this world. It almost felt like flying during the test drive. The way the car handled at the curve at 80mph was outstanding.
- You can keep doing 0-60 without the need for the battery to cool down. The new heat management helps a lot.
- The surround sound inside the car was amazing. There are three modes for sound and it does a very good job at isolating the outside noise.

The bad:
- No surprise in the event. There was literally 0 info that we didn’t know about the car’s spec
- Still old backlights. Seems like it’s from 2010s. They should’ve really updated that.
- No info on the LR. Not even a single mention of the LR in the whole presentation. Felt like a second class citizen.
- Seems it’s not drive by wire. Don’t know how to rotate the yoke 360 degrees. Probably Omar and Adam can give more insights.
- Horn as a button? Seriously?
- Still no waypoints. Probably coming soon?
- No mention about FSD subscription in the event
- Not a single reason to justify the recent 10k price hike for plaids. No new feature or capability. (Maybe they don’t need a justification anyway. Who knows.)

Damn. Yet again wish I had ordered red.

Gotta admit, when I placed the order for MSM I was pretty confident that's what I wanted. Now, having seen the other colors, the blue and red both look really nice, and the MSM looks ... fine, but not really exciting.

The white looks good and is probably the best for a hot sunny place like Houston but all of my memories of pearlescent white paint are from the 90s and 2000s and those cars looked gorgeous for a couple of years, then the mica in the paint started yellowing and they started looking a bit beige, and the paint became impossible to color match if you had to touch anything up. Are new pearlescent paints better at maintaining color?

The Raven Model S already had stronger regen and would do full one pedal, coming to a complete stop and holding without pressing the brakes at all.
Yes, but I found that the regen of the Raven still had less effective braking than the 3/Y. I'm hoping that they might improve it and make it more consistent across the line up. Right now, each one responds slightly differently solely on regen.