Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the new MS has soft close doors? Given this high price point and it’s competitors in this same price range I would hope it does.
Also, my german car currently had the kick to release feature for the truck, to both open and close. Is this sort of function on the new MS as well?
Judging by the launch video (notice Elon closes the door by pushing on the glass) I would say no.

My feeling is that they readied 25 cars to "kick-start" deliveries and showcase to the world that they have begin deliveries, while the real deliveries are around 2 weeks away.
Real deliveries are “happening” this week. East Coast folks are receiving VINs and those vehicles loaded onto trains for shipment. It’ll take approx. 10 days for that journey, so there isn’t room to spare and the EoQ push is underway! 🥳

Real deliveries are “happening” this week. East Coast folks are receiving VINs and those vehicles loaded onto trains for shipment. It’ll take approx. 10 days for that journey, so there isn’t room to spare and the EoQ push is underway! 🥳
Unless those cars aren't done yet and they expect to finish them a the service center pre-delivery.
Also with only 2 people here having gotten VINs since the delivery event (when 2 people here got deliveries), that aligns far closer with 25/week rather than 100s or 1000s per week.

Reactions: HumanInput
For people that have a VIN but didn’t take delivery, does the vin show up at the main account page, before you hit manage? If so then that will save me an extra click and wait to get into the car’s details. Thanks.
No, the main account page did not update until after delivery. Once I got a VIN, it showed up under the RN on the order page and the MVPA showed up in my documents

If that were the case, bay area folks would be taking delivery this week without having to go through a 10 day transit period. Do we have anyone here taking delivery this week?

Reactions: Zee9
Thanks to Omar, I might swap my carbon fiber trim to wood. It just looks so good and I love that it's open pore. Anybody know if I'll be charged the extra $10,000 for changing up my order?
Word I got was any change to the order results in change to current pricing.....That's why my Loyalty Advisor (absolutely great guy), wanted me to be sure I ordered what I really wanted and not what got me a car earlier.

• Love
Reactions: HumanInput
Haven't taken delivery yet, but did receive a VIN. Maybe @omarsultan or @Atomadam can chime in.

Using my VIN, Progressive gave me a policy for $665/6mos ($1,330/year) for the Model S Plaid. That's roughly the same premium as my '20 Model X Performance (0-60 2.6s).
That's an amazing price. I know there are many factors (age, location, driving record, etc.) but Progressive seems 'Tesla' friendly compared to State Farm.

@omarsultan can you please confirm if your Model S has Sirius XM? Also, can you please post some photos of the center console storage area with the lid open? Thanks!
It's complicated :)
The Monroney sticker mentions XM specifically, but it is currently not an available source. There are suggestions is maybe be enabled via an OTA update. I'll post some console pics later today to the SmugMug library.

If that were the case, bay area folks would be taking delivery this week without having to go through a 10 day transit period. Do we have anyone here taking delivery this week?
All that matters to Tesla is their deliveries by 6/30. They won’t ship a car back East that can’t be delivered by 6/30, those last two weeks of cars available will be delivered locally. In Q3 they will resume shipping out of state. Switched my delivery to Fremont on the odd chance something in my config is produced end of quarter and can go out 6/30. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not denying that. I have seen a hundred of them or more with my own eyes almost 3 weeks ago and as of yesterday, they were still sitting there.
My feeling is that they readied 25 cars to "kick-start" deliveries and showcase to the world that they have begin deliveries, while the real deliveries are around 2 weeks away.
At this point, I will be happy if mine doesn't show up until August as long as its not one of the cars sitting in the lot for weeks.
With ice vehicles, it's bad for them to sit undriven (esp w Ethanol gas) for long periods of time.
It's not an issue with EVs.