Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah. That was my next observation - if how you (and omar) described it working is true (and it sounds about right to me), other sound sources within the car would be 'cancelled' as well whether that be voices or whatever. I can sort of see why this system would have to be 'smarter' than what we find in headphones which might explain why it isn't implemented yet.

It's probably not an issue for practical purposes because noise cancelation is so far from perfect that it really only works well for lower frequencies and relatively steady noises.

I think the bigger issue in cars is that when you do noise cancellation at the listener location rather than at the source it only works at that one point in space. So you'd need separate microphones, speakers, and signal processing for each person in the car and the noise cancelation for one person could exacerbate the noise for other people. Getting all of that to work together is much more complicated than just canceling noise in headphones for a single listener.

1) Yes
2) Everything tight so far

Don't kill me Omar, but, a couple things I noticed regarding fit and finish on your Model S...

1) the white trim behind the yoke seems to be a little off on the right side, it doesn't connect all the way. I'd keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn't come loose/get worse.

2) it might be worth a service center visit to have them readjust your trunk. The right side gap is probably twice the size or so of the left side.

omar1.png

omar2.png

Don't kill me Omar, but, a couple things I noticed regarding fit and finish on your Model S...

1) the white trim behind the yoke seems to be a little off on the right side, it doesn't connect all the way. I'd keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn't come loose/get worse.

2) it might be worth a service center visit to have them readjust your trunk. The right side gap is probably twice the size or so of the left side.

View attachment 673483
View attachment 673484
Thanks--there are a couple of little things like this I'm keeping on a list.

It seems pretty ridiculous for you to complain about functions that haven't been activated on a car you don't own yet. We are still very early on, and at this point only 25 cars have been delivered. The car is still running off of very early beta software, and will most likely be updated before regular deliveries are made. Tesla has shown us that they are the only automotive company that (can and does) significantly improve the vehicle over time with their seamless OTA updates. I have full confidence that all of the issues you complained about will be fixed with OTA updates in due time. Obviously, @omarsultan understands this and is confident that the few kinks he is experiencing will be rectified in short order.
It seems even more ridiculous of you to take offense to me stating the obvious, incomplete SW which you also agree with. Did I say I have no confidence in Tesla in resolving these kinks? All I said was Tesla needs to quit over promising and under delivering which is a fact. It's unfair to keep on giving Tesla benefit of the doubt when they have a poor track record when it comes to Timelines of any sort and Customer Service. I'm not a first time buyer and am aware of how Tesla operates but at some point it gets kinda ridiculous to blatantly support these practices. Don't know why it hurt your feelings man, it's not that serious. I'm super excited for my Plaid to be delivered soon and hopefully with all the promised features except for the red brake calipers of course. 😂

If the speaker isn't close to the microphone then when you produce a sound that's 180 degrees out of phase with respect to what the microphone picked up it will no longer be 180 degrees out of phase when it reaches your eardrum. If the speaker IS close to the microphone then it doesn't matter how far it is from your eardrum because the noise and the anti-noise will remain out of phase no matter how far they have to travel to your eardrum.
I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to study up, you’re out of your depth when it comes to understanding phase and amplitude.

It seems even more ridiculous of you to take offense to me stating the obvious, incomplete SW which you also agree with. Did I say I have no confidence in Tesla in resolving these kinks? All I said was Tesla needs to quit over promising and under delivering which is a fact. It's unfair to keep on giving Tesla benefit of the doubt when they have a poor track record when it comes to Timelines of any sort and Customer Service. I'm not a first time buyer and am aware of how Tesla operates but at some point it gets kinda ridiculous to blatantly support these practices. Don't know why it hurt your feelings man, it's not that serious. I'm super excited for my Plaid to be delivered soon.
It didn’t hurt my feelings at all. You can complain all you want about whatever is bothering you. I just think that if you are going to complain about something, you should be personally affected by it. Therefore, if you want to complain about the terrible communication or poor customer service you have personally experienced, most of us here can sympathize with you. We are all experiencing the same issues.

You complained about early beta issues on a car you don’t own yet. If you owned this car, I would also sympathize. I just think that @omarsultan and @Atomadam are the only people on this forum that should be complaining about the issues you spoke of because they are personally affected. Simple as that!

Last edited:

View attachment 673483
View attachment 673484
Wow....are you serious?
I’m so done with this site. Good Luck and Peace out all!