Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s a bit off topic to keep this party rolling...

I signed to lease my Plaid before the $10,000 price increase. Post price increase, my residual value should have increased about $5,000 roughly (50% of the $10k increase). Shouldn’t that be reflected in an adjusted lease payment? My payment should go down roughly $140 per month over 36 months. I emailed my SA and I’m holding my breath.
Maybe not but at the very least you should have more equity at the end if you're doing PCP etc...

I signed to lease my Plaid before the $10,000 price increase. Post price increase, my residual value should have increased about $5,000 roughly (50% of the $10k increase). Shouldn’t that be reflected in an adjusted lease payment? My payment should go down roughly $140 per month over 36 months. I emailed my SA and I’m holding my breath.
I’m sure this will be another 200 posts, but generally that’s not how it works. Leasing companies base residuals on transaction prices, not MSRP. There may be exceptions, but the benefit you have is you won’t be eating part of that $10,000 increase. You won’t benefit from a higher residual and therefore lower monthly payment.

Two possibilities. The order book for Plaid is so small they can fill those AND new orders in two weeks, not counting the few configurations that are supply constrainted. Or, the June delivery date is about as meaningful as the Feb/March dates those of us that ordered Oct-Jan were given.

Guess which possibility is more likely?
We see they have healthy inventory sitting in Fremont (maybe 300-400), plus what they have already sent out on transport plus another two weeks of building (maybe another 500), so, if the supply chain gos smile on you, things should start moving for orders. If you pick a confine that can be fulfilled out of inventory (dark color, dark interior, etc) then odds for this month still seem good.

You have a good point but I have a feeling Tesla is not going to work it out that way lol
Edit: maybe better to buy the car 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Though you had signed the lease, there's a start date for lease which is typically the day when you collect the car. Leasing company may have the right to change the lease rate based on market conditions or your monthly payment based subject to vehicle cost. I don't think Leasing company would like to take a hit... You are lucky if they are able to maintain even the same monthly payment.

OK, I have to admit I am losing track of the open questions, so.....one more spreadsheet :). Add you question and TMC ID and I'll post the answers back here and tag you. As I said, most of the questions are good and make me curious about the answers too, so I don't mind doing this. My only ask is to keep this this thread--if a question does not have a TMC username, I will ignore it: