Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my 85kWh Green Model S today around 2 EST. It was missing a UMC cable, but had all the adapters. Called Tesla and had about 5 phone calls within the following 4 hours from different Tesla people all asking about what I needed.

The Atlanta service guy ended up giving me his nearly-new spare. He kept trying to say he would drive to my house. I kept saying that means I can't drive my car. I ended up meeting him nearby my house. He was driving a White Model S.

Pics tomorrow afternoon sometime. After I get a tag and pay sales tax on my car.

I also used the J1772 adapter. Drove to Whole Foods in Marietta (not Harry's) where they have 2 free chargers. I took 2.2kWh while shopping so about a dimes worth of power at GA commercial rates.

And good news my NEMA 14-50 works. Puts out about 243V at 40A.

Here are some teaser pics. I hope to have some a link to my 50 or so photos I took yesterday.

WP_20130121_025.jpg

It's not black or grey!

WP_20130121_027.jpg

It's green!

I took delivery of my 85kWh Black Model S Saturday (1/19) around 3:30 CST. My UMC cable seems to be missing a piece of plastic with a Tesla logo on it, but I'm not too worried. It works flawlessly, and the car is a dream to drive!

I've had some trouble pairing my phone via Bluetooth, but I haven't called Tesla about it yet. Too busy enjoying the rest of the car. :)

they owe me grey 21 wheels

[snip!]

Tesla Model S P85
2013 Nissan GT-R
2012 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2012 BMW 650i Convertible
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder Twin Turbo
2005 Ford GT

Um. :scared: Holy... :eek: Er, I uh... :scared:

Wow. Nice garage!!

FWIW, I think that grey looks amazing with the silver wheels. If I had ever seen that combo before I locked in my car, I might have gone that route.

That may have been me. When I accompanied my friend to the factory in November, his Sig came with one. When I picked up my regular production car in December, there was no frame. I asked, and was told that they had run out, but more were coming in. It was suggested that I check with Menlo Park a little later, which I did, and they had some on hand.

I haven't put it on yet -- waiting for my HOV stickers to arrive, and then I'll transfer my personalized plates over and mount the frame!

Tesla Model S P85
2013 Nissan GT-R
2012 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2012 BMW 650i Convertible
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder Twin Turbo
2005 Ford GT

Wonder how you manage the oil change/maintenance on that many cars. I would not want to be in your position :wink: The good thing is that the S doesn't need oil change.

Last edited by a moderator: