Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small world.
You're beating me by a few days. I had a long phone call with my DS; if she is or is Andrew in Chicago the DS (bit confused) ... told me my car is waiting for a transporter to Chicago now. I suppose I could be in same truck? 4 days to get here? I'm told latest date is 10 Feb. Probably a few days earlier ... sounds like a different truck.

Just got my VIN: 4357!

Delivery window is Jan 28-Feb 11

sp4rk, my DS in Chicago is Joe DiMaggio. I got the impression from Joe that my car is already on the road, it's just really up to the weather/driver at this point whether it gets to Chicago before Thursday. Tesla HQ in Fremont told me it I should expect trucking to Chicago would take 7-15 days (weather dependent).

But, it looks like you and kcveins will most likely be on the same truck!

As a side note, I asked Joe what the difference in time would be if I took home delivery. He told me one of their Home Delivery trucks is out of commission at the moment, and I'd have to wait until at least February 4th for home delivery. My wife is petrified of driving in Chicago, but I told Joe even if I had to take the South Shore and a taxi, I'll be there Thursday!!

sp4rk, my DS in Chicago is Joe DiMaggio. I got the impression from Joe that my car is already on the road, it's just really up to the weather/driver at this point whether it gets to Chicago before Thursday. Tesla HQ in Fremont told me it I should expect trucking to Chicago would take 7-15 days (weather dependent).

But, it looks like you and kcveins will most likely be on the same truck!

As a side note, I asked Joe what the difference in time would be if I took home delivery. He told me one of their Home Delivery trucks is out of commission at the moment, and I'd have to wait until at least February 4th for home delivery. My wife is petrified of driving in Chicago, but I told Joe even if I had to take the South Shore and a taxi, I'll be there Thursday!!

I was told that Joe would be my local DS - I am presuming he's the same Joe as "Jolting Joe" :wink:
If the timeline is going to hold, this weather better get better!
I am thinking that home delivery is going to be in my future; going to be tough to get the time to go downtown on 1-2 days notice given my work schedule...Going to be hard to wait though if the car is sitting in the city!

Last edited:
DS told me that the paint armor is scheduled for home or service center application. Apparently they aren't applying the paint armor at the factory any more. Not a bad deal, as I can now request additional paint armor to cover the hood or additional areas of coverage.

Way to go Spatterso911!! Congrats! I am just 2 days behind you in getting mine in the same neighborhood.

Based on your due bill, it is likely that my paint armor will be on my due bill too. So I like the idea of covering the whole hood, and would like to get that myself. How is it that you would be able to pull that off unless you go with another shop to install?

Thanks this gives me a better idea of when my p85 #13,850 should be here. At 400 cars/wk and I'm 2500 behind you, that's about 6 weeks... So late March or early April. When I finalized Tesla said Feb/March.

Of course not all 2500 between us will be built (40kwh cars, red cars, cancels, slow finalizers etc)... So I guess March could be realistic.

It's dangerous to extrapolate from one data point like that. I'm res #12535 and my window is 2/2-2/16.

Just got my delivery window.

I was R166/RN015107 for a non-perf 85, but I sat on it for a while. Then I had to buy to avoid the price increase... So
1/13/13 Finalized design
1/14/13 Signed paperwork
1/28/13 Noticed Delivery button - answered those questions

no VIN yet, but I now have a delivery window of Feb 19-Mar 5. A pretty wide window, but March 5 is sooner than I could have hoped... the wait for the roadster was 3 months after configuration, this is 5-7 weeks.

Well that's depressing. I'm told mine will go through Chicago and then backtrack NW about 650 miles into worse weather and roads. I truly will be a March delivery with this metric. No VIN still.

On the upside, the roads should be in better shape around here in late March. The stronger March sun should melt some of the ice off.
Right now, it's like driving on grease covered marbles.

I'm #6001 and got the original Time to Build email back in October. We finally finalized on Dec. 27th, the delivery estimate was Jan.-Feb. But then we waited a couple weeks before actually signing the pre-MVPA on Jan. 16th. At that point, I called the hotline to see if our delivery window was really that soon. The person on the phone said it would most likely be March-April. To my extreme surprise, we received the Delivery email today -- less than two weeks after signing documents! I'm excited, but also a little freaked out!