Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone from Tesla just called me. They asked if I wanted to switch my CF trim to the wood to take an earlier delivery. I asked if the CF is in short supply. They said they were not sure about that, but if I am willing to switch to the wood trim they could deliver the car in the next few weeks. If i don’t switch to wood, the CF trim production doesn’t start until august, therefore would be august/September delivery. They said by going to wood it would not effect my pricing. She mentioned that the original intent was the wood interior trim for the MS Plaid, but then they did CF as the only option when they started taking deliveries, which she wasn’t really sure of why the mismatch there.

I said I didn’t really care. As much as I like the CF the wood looks awesome too, especially because it’s not glossy. So I switched, naturally!! 😁

will keep everyone posted. She said expect a vin in the next few weeks. They are trying to deliver as many cars as they can before either end of the quarter, hence for them pushing people to move from CF to wood trim.

perhaps those that want a car sooner than later, call the Tesla number and ask to switch to wood. Seems like the local dealers and SAs have no insight or control over this.
Blca interior according to signature. Also did you get in before the price increase? Are they honoring that?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
why are so many people bitching and complaining. from the long history of previous cars/wives, life history and money everyone one here has some of you guys need to just move on if tesla is not for you.

if you want the car - get it, if not move on and get another car.

if a feature you want is no yet available then cancel your order or just wait for them to add in "tEsLa" time

tesla is not your only choice. move on and stop bitching like it is.

i like the model s much better than other EVs or ICE so i am waiting it out. there are no missing features that are deal breakers for me.

and shout out to the many people who are really helpful to people waiting it out. such as @omarsultan
I hope you feel the same way after another 3,4,5,6 months wait.. I doubt that will happen as they are finally starting to deliver these models.

But if you can't understand the frustration that some of these people have experienced. I ordered in December and was promised a February delivery. but I really am clueless as to when I will get my car delivered. I am fortunate and had the use of an extra car I own after I sold my other car in anticipation. But for many people this is a frustrating expensive experience. I do not believe I have experienced worst customer service from any other car company.

But it seems to be a great car, so I will wait. but I occasionally might want to bitch about it. It's ok. If you can't take the negativity, block the dudes that bother you. There must be some forum feature that allows that to happen.

It is nice to have someone like you with such positive feelings about Tesla bad feelings about those negative people.

Have a great day. Weather is beautiful here. Watching the US Open down the coast. Its all good..

Blca interior according to signature. Also did you get in before the price increase? Are they honoring that?
I did get in before the price increase. Yes, they are honoring that if you switch from CF to wood.

sorry about the signature discrepancy. I will go in and correct it. Thanks for pointing that out btw.

Someone from Tesla just called me. They asked if I wanted to switch my CF trim to the wood to take an earlier delivery. I asked if the CF is in short supply. They said they were not sure about that, but if I am willing to switch to the wood trim they could deliver the car in the next few weeks. If i don’t switch to wood, the CF trim production doesn’t start until august, therefore would be august/September delivery. They said by going to wood it would not effect my pricing. She mentioned that the original intent was the wood interior trim for the MS Plaid, but then they did CF as the only option when they started taking deliveries, which she wasn’t really sure of why the mismatch there.

I said I didn’t really care. As much as I like the CF the wood looks awesome too, especially because it’s not glossy. So I switched, naturally!! 😁

will keep everyone posted. She said expect a vin in the next few weeks. They are trying to deliver as many cars as they can before either end of the quarter, hence for them pushing people to move from CF to wood trim.

perhaps those that want a car sooner than later, call the Tesla number and ask to switch to wood. Seems like the local dealers and SAs have no insight or control over this.

Any chance you can post the number they called you from? My phone is set to send all unknown callers to VM. I’d like to ”Allow” their number.

Add another one to list of people that Tesla has called about switching from CF to wood to try to get it into June. They lady that called was great and answered a few questions and I switched to wood. I asked about the timeline if I kept CF and she said August or later. Now just waiting for the change to show up and VIN assignment... hopefully fitting into June to join the Tesla crew with my first Tesla!

Any chance you can post the number they called you from? My phone is set to send all unknown callers to VM. I’d like to ”Allow” their number.
I think the number was specific to that tesla rep. that called me because when i called that number back that person picked right up. I didn't pick up when they called as i was on the other line and they left a vm with their number to call back. They also texted me. So i think if they reached out to you they would certainly make sure you can return their call.....

Fair, fair. I also seem to be the only one that cares about it regardless lol.
I care too. I am venting to my wife daily about Tesla, the things I am concerned about, and promises that may not be kept. I just don't do that here yet because I know I am at least 3 months from receiving my car. Instead, I am quietly listening to the things people have noticed with their plaids, and the speculation. Your viewpoints are definitely helpful, it's just that some people only want validation with their choices. Any kind of criticism of something they have fully embraced hurts that validation, and they become defensive.

I am waiting till the first LR models reach some forum members, find out what is what with suspension systems, true 0-60 times, other differences, and quality issues. THEN I will start venting about anything I am not happy about.

I came into this thinking the LR and Plaid are the same, when not considering acceleration and power. I'm patiently waiting to see what other differences are revealed, once they start showing up in customers hands.

Southeast PA? I'm confused as I thought we have a couple of CF people here on the east coast with VINs, no? If they call me, i may consider switching if they offer that.

Add another one to list of people that Tesla has called about switching from CF to wood to try to get it into June. They lady that called was great and answered a few questions and I switched to wood. I asked about the timeline if I kept CF and she said August or later. Now just waiting for the change to show up and VIN assignment... hopefully fitting into June to join the Tesla crew with my first Tesla!
The lady i spoke to said that it wasn't guaranteed for a June delivery could be early July of not sometime before the EoQ. But she said the delivery should be over the next few weeks. If i stuck with CF, production starts in August and I wouldn't see the car until the end of August or early September, maybe.
Southeast PA? I'm confused as I thought we have a couple of CF people here on the east coast with VINs, no? If they call me, i may consider switching if they offer that.
I’m like 10 minutes from the Devon Dealer.

I think people in NY had some CF. But could be wrong.

min indifferent to the trim. My current car has wood trim but like a glossy coating that I am not the biggest fan of now, hence I liked the CF. But the wood trim in the MS looks great from all the pictures I see.

Well, if MT wasn’t able to match Tesla’s claimed 1.99, that would be the headline and haters all over would be talking sh*t. So Tesla felt it was important for MT to achieve Tesla’s claim (even if under certain conditions) and it makes sense to me. Who cares if it’s on a prepped surface and not on the street. It was sort of expected.
As I've said before, 0-60mph are basically irrelevant nowadays anyway; over in a blink of an eye and most "spirited" driving either takes place from a roll or 1/8 mi. - 1/4 mi. The 0-60mph record is more for bragging rights. Personally, I figured approx 2.0-2.3 sec 0-60 and 1/4 mi. in low-mid 9's...which is mind-blowing. The quickest (modified quite a bit and running on e85) car I ever had ran 0-60mph in 2.7 sec. and 1/4 mi. in 10.2 sec @ 136mph and I thought that was already crazy, stupid fast. Now, that's relatively "slow" compared with the MS Plaid, lol! 😜

Does anyone know for sure whether All Season tires are an option for the 21in Arachnid wheels?

Someone at my local Tesla shop said yes, but it seemed like they were merely speculating based on previous offerings.

I want the Arachnid wheels...but need all season tires. And don't want to deal with aftermarket. TIA.
I was looking for all session tires yesterday and could find any to fit the back. So far only summer tires and winter tires.

As I've said before, 0-60mph are basically irrelevant nowadays anyway; over in a blink of an eye and most "spirited" driving either takes place from a roll or 1/8 mi. - 1/4 mi. The 0-60mph record is more for bragging rights. Personally, I figured approx 2.0-2.3 sec 0-60 and 1/4 mi. in low-mid 9's...which is mind-blowing. The quickest (modified quite a bit and running on e85) car I ever had ran 0-60mph in 2.7 sec. and 1/4 mi. in 10.2 sec @ 136mph and I thought that was already crazy, stupid fast. Now, that's relatively "slow" compared with the MS Plaid, lol! 😜
I agree. The 0-60 is cool, but to me the best part of the speed improvement is the ability to repeatedly accelerate without fade and the 30 to 90 or so kick. Merging is tough these days :)