Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird -- probably some operator error -- try this instead:

Working for me.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Laminated is two panes glued together with something, normally plastic, between them. Dual Pane is two panes with air, or a gas, between them.

Umm thanks? I already knew this.

Everything is marked laminated except for the small rear quarter panel windows.

Fascinating, thanks for sharing. That should definitely cut down on noise, just kind of surprised they went for that.

I don't think this memo will help with Plaid deliveries... Tesla will most likely focus on high-volume models to make their numbers for 2Q21. ;)

"Elon Musk is asking Tesla employees to go ‘all out’ for the end-of-quarter delivery and production push as the automaker is trying again to achieve record numbers. Tesla has been known to have intense end-of-quarter delivery pushes due to its distribution system, which is very different from other automakers who use third-party dealerships. We expected that this quarter would be particularly intense due to a backlog of Model S deliveries as the new version has been delayed. On top of it, over 10,000 vehicles were put on a containment hold last month, which delayed many deliveries until Tesla was able to push its new computer vision system. Now Electrek has obtained a new email that CEO Elon Musk sent to employees to ask to go “all out” for the end of the quarter:"

“Overall, we are executing well, but the next 12 days are super important for production and delivery this quarter. Please go all out!”
Thanks,
Elon

My honest guess is there’s plenty of red paint supply and nothing too complicated about making it.

It being the most expensive, it has the fewest orders, and they batched the colors by volume.

We’ve already seen MSM, Blue, Black, and White cars being shipped/delivered. Now, we should see the Red batch produced this week and delivered by EoQ for West Coast and early Q3 for East Coast.

DE9C9AC7-C3D3-4E1D-83DE-4FF2E0DD8BC4.jpeg

My honest guess is there’s plenty of red paint supply and nothing too complicated about making it.

It being the most expensive, it has the fewest orders, and they batched the colors by volume.

We’ve already seen MSM, Blue, Black, and White cars being shipped/delivered. Now, we should see the Red batch produced this week and delivered by EoQ for West Coast and early Q3 for East Coast.

View attachment 675731
My red MS Plaid... Please!

Just had my Plaid plus converted to Plaid RN# 11404 Red/Cream+Wood/21" FSD turn to “blank” after reading ESD: July since converting. Didn’t know if any of my red brethren noticed something similar or not.
Yep:

Hi all. I am picking up my blue Model S Plaid on Wednesday and I am both excited and nervous. I have a Model 3 Performance and will be trading it in for the new whip but I am wondering, aside from having a small payment again, what I will miss about my old car. I am guessing the nimbleness and tossability may be it. But for those that have had both or have driven both, let me know what you think. Thanks. :) BTW first post here and have been lurking for a while. :)
Congrats! Did Tesla give you a good trade in value?

Fine, this is off topic but heck with it, something to set the tone for the coming week. My wife and I have both had EV’s for over 4 years. Her Bolt just hit end of lease so we are down to one until she chooses her next EV. Our daughter just got home from college and she can finally park her car in the garage. It was our first 90° day here and she came home and parked in the garage. I went out about and hour later, OMG! The garage was hot as hell and smelled appropriately. Wow, we forgot what it was to have an ICE around, how did we ever survive??? Oh the humanity…

Ordered a LR on 5/29 (blue / cream / 19s / no vaporware) in New England. I’ve heard from my SA 1) expect October 2) after plaid event, delivery in no more than 8 weeks 3) expect October. So, par for the course with Tesla.

while I’m here… anyone have experience parking their S mainly outdoors? I have a 3 I’ve parked outdoors for 3 years now that looks perfectly fine; I assume the S will be fine as well… but always nice to hear others give a thumbs up. Anyone with experience coming from a 3 (or 3 series!) to an S who can talk driving dynamics, would greatly appreciate that too.
I parked my 2015 MS outdoors and put 143,000 miles on it, and it looks the same today as it did when I picked it up at the factory, and other than frequent washes and waxing it didn’t get any special PPF, etc. Unfortunately it’s parked in my neighbor’s driveway as I sold it four months ago expecting delivery of my new one in March. And it still looked good as new. Silver color which probably helps.