Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just had an interesting call that proves the SA's and others really have no idea what's going on:

I see TESLA on phone and answered, the SA is calling to ask if I want to change my order from white interior seats to cream or black to get it sooner. I said are you telling my current delivery date and VIN aren't real because I am taking delivery on Monday with white seats. He said ooo really? Then says whoa! We were just given notice those were not going to be available but people could change but it looks like you got one.

I said can you please check to make sure your it doesn't change or go away and he took a few minutes and said sure enough - you got one.

Monday can't come soon enough.
This seems highly improbable. Ordered a week ago in a far away state and getting a plaid within 10 days with white seats no less. Let us know if they actually do deliver.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
9095C4B5-43DF-455E-80AC-FFBAF51997DB.jpeg

Just got this text🤦🏻‍♂️

Been lurking for a bit while I wait for my refreshed S. I was surprised they sent me a text...to schedule a pick up date and to tell me its in transit. Pittsburgh is the destination.

It is a Midnight Silver Metallic, 21inch wheels, FSD with a Cream interior. Ordered in mid March of this year. Scheduled to pick up 6/29/21.
Congrats! As a datapoint, I have the exact same car but I ordered pre refresh January with the 19” wheels so despite the folks at Tesla denying it, 19” wheels are clearly the kiss of death. I wish they’d just own it like Carbon Fiber and say it will be August before we see a 19”.

Well here i was excited.. lol i also got the text.

Tesla Update - We expect your Model S to be built and delivered within the next few weeks. We will reach out when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.

We appreciate your patience with shifting delivery timing and look forward to delivering your Model S soon.

Congrats! As a datapoint, I have the exact same car but I ordered pre refresh January with the 19” wheels so despite the folks at Tesla denying it, 19” wheels are clearly the kiss of death. I wish they’d just own it like Carbon Fiber and say it will be August before we see a 19”.
Owning up to carbon fiber didn't cost anybody money. They aren't going to own up to building a car that has no tires unless you pay $4500.