Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checkmate♟

3BD4F935-01FF-41F3-9186-2112DA1A0E41.jpeg

Lol. You ordered end of May and are complaining. I understand they delayed you a little. Lots of people have been delayed. Be thankful you have a VIN and you actually see your delivery date in sight. Not saying I'm one of the oldest orders out there. But there's still others way before you that are still blank and have Plaid orders as well.

My biggest question is.... I can't believe you're buying a $140k car and have to worry about taking a half day off work?? :D
I ordered based on what the company stated was the delivery time. I am coming from owning AMG's and I have never had them treat me like this. I am not saying I don't like the car, or I am upset that they are late. I am more upset that I am paying interest on a car that is not in my possession. I also sold my car thinking this would come in time.

Not sure what the work comment was about?? They put the delivery time in the middle of my work day and wouldn't budge. Considering if I don't work I don't make money, this was a substantial hit. It was about 1000-1200$ in lost revenue. I will also have to do it again when they reschedule. I have never had to try harder to give a company 140k for a product in my life. Try buying an AMG....they will deliver it to the moon if you want.

Alright big ballers, let us know if your car randomly explodes. 🔥

But seriously, knowing how absolutely insane the Tesla FUD is, would not be shocked if that car was purposely destroyed for headlines to hurt Tesla's reputation. It sounds crazy until you see the thousands and thousands of Twitter accounts of really bitter short seller types who want their money back.

It said the car was rolling down the street by itself 😂 give me a break
Maybe it was first of a million robo taxis Elon promised by the end of 2019. FSD feature complete, no driver needed

Seriously, I hope this doesn't further delay "near future" (July/Aug) deliveries! I hope they get the bottom of what happened with this 1 vehicle ASAP...like tomorrow and put the issue to rest. Of course, I want to make sure my new Tesla MS Plaid is safe and won't catch fire, but I truly hope it's investigated quickly and they don't stop production and/or delay deliveries unless truly necessary to fix an issue caused by the batteries and/or vehicle's systems.
Until we find out more info, maybe smart to park plaids outside the garage and away from the house 🙃

Narberth Ambulance assisted the firefighters on scene and one of the EMTs posted about information that a witness reportedly shared at the scene on Reddit:

The EMT even claimed that the authorities were still looking for the owner of the Tesla Model S.
Wouldn’t mind grabbing those 21s. They appear to be in great shape 😬

My favorite part of this article.

”Based on the front-end and the wheels seen in the last picture, this is a Model S Plaid.”

This is some impressive journalism. Someone needs to tell Fred that the front-end and wheels tell us nothing about what version Model S we are looking at. It seems like the Plaid has gotten so much media attention that any refreshed Model S is now referred to as a Plaid. Those peacocks get all the attention and the peasants get forgotten!

Last edited:
My favorite part of this article.

”Based on the front-end and the wheels seen in the last picture, this is a Model S Plaid.”

This is some impressive journalism. Someone needs to tell Fred that the front-end and wheels tell us nothing about what version Model S we are looking at. It seems like the Plaid has gotten so much media attention that any refreshed Model S is now referred to as a Plaid.
Lol apparently the little plaid emblem was still intact

Who wants a custom, metal Plaid Mode emblem badge? If you do, I’ve received a quote from Billet Badges (Billet Badges Inc.) which was recommended earlier in this thread.

It is $240 (+ sales tax in CA) shipped for each one. This will be a metal badge with ceramic coating. I’m going to do it anyway, so design and programming fee would already be paid for.

If interested, send me a message! Here’s the badge description:

1/8" custom full cut, 1" X 4", Plaid Mode logo, polished with red and white paint fill

65F56CCC-E539-4412-AF4A-0287A743A401.jpeg

Last edited: