Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Plaid is a once in a lifetime car. A true gamechanger. Never has there been a single car that just dominates hypercars, supercars, sport bikes, . etc.

Alien Technology. Plaid is fast. 9.2 @ 155 mph. Don't miss the opportunity! 11's gets boring pretty quickly. :D 😁
Eff it, you all convinced me - I’m putting the Plaid order in right now, worst case I change my mind and loose 100 bucks. 21s are no brainer to get it sooner than later but what about color? I have Red on my LR order but black looks sick too. Maximize odds by going with black or you think I have a decent chance with red?

Eff it, you all convinced me - I’m putting the Plaid order in right now, worst case I change my mind and loose 100 bucks. 21s are no brainer to get it sooner than later but what about color? I have Red on my LR order but black looks sick too. Maximize odds by going with black or you think I have a decent chance with red?

Congrats! I have blue ordered but I see the black Plaids and wish I would have done that instead. And I know how much of a pain black is to keep clean, but man it just looks SO good.

At this point, the color probably doesn’t matter for any new order. Get what you really like and want. Cheers! 😎

Take the painted cover off and then just start pulling, breaking the tape seal with your fingers as you go.
For what it’s worth, I was able to fairly easily pull my front plate mount off without taking the painted cover off.

And then:

I just pulled with fairly firm and steady pressure starting from one side and working my fingers between it and the bumper. It’s just the two strips of double sided tape holding it onto the bumper and the screws in the painted cover aren‘t screwed into the bumper in any way. Then use your fingers to “rollup” the tape that remains on the bumper. And finally polish off the remaining tape residue. There was zero damage to my bumper from removing it this way. And it only took 5-10 minutes.

Will someone put a Draggy in his LR FFS?

My friend ordered his LR he said the Plaid is just too much for the street, but I'm on the fence. I think the Plaid is incredible. But if the LR is capable of 11.0sec 1/4 I think I might just pocket the 55kcan$ difference.
Am I stIll the only person with a LR to post a Dragy run here, albeit a weak 0-60. (FYI- only one g in Dragy) so far? I’ll try and do better tomorrow if I can find a place to do it. Happy 4th all!

The Plaid is a once in a lifetime car. A true gamechanger. Never has there been a single car that just dominates hypercars, supercars, sport bikes, . etc.

Alien Technology. Plaid is fast. 9.2 @ 155 mph. Don't miss the opportunity! 11's gets boring pretty quickly. :D 😁
There will be something faster in 6 months from some other manufacturer. Don't give the Plaid to much credit!

There will be something faster in 6 months from some other manufacturer. Don't give the Plaid to much credit!
They've been fine tuning this model for 9 years. No one else is just going to pop in and surpass it in just 6 months. They would have had to already post proof by now to meet that deadline.

9.2 @ 155 mph. In the street. Don't give the Plaid too much credit? These times are beyond extraordinary and took game breaking technology to achieve it, Bet the farm on Plaid.

There may be another car in 6 months but it will cost at least 500k.

Am I stIll the only person with a LR to post a Dragy run here, albeit a weak 0-60. (FYI- only one g in Dragy) so far? I’ll try and do better tomorrow if I can find a place to do it. Happy 4th all!
You are one of the very few to get your LR. Congratulations. The rest of us are just constantly refreshing this site and our Tesla reservation page. Optimistically wait for our LR. Happy fourth to everyone

Sure okay, right. The Rimac is indeed quicker but it’s sold-out limited production (nothing delivered yet) and costs $2.5million. So, right now, neither Porsche/Audi, MB, Ford, GM, Ferrari, or any other auto manufacturer can do what Tesla has done with the MS Plaid. It’s the battery technology and the proprietary software. The closest is Lucid (gee wonder why? Hint - Rawlinson was Tesla’s chief engineer on the Model S) and so far, they haven’t delivered any vehicles yet.

I think there will be better competition but probably 2-4+ years from now.

ICE cars have had 100+years of development and the top of the food chain for production cars is a 1500hp multi-million dollars Chiron doing the 1/4 mile in 9.6sec.

Tesla in 10 years has disrupted the car industry. 9sec car, 100mpg, no maintenance, affordable(ish).

No ICE manufacturer is close. The only thing that will beat that is another EV. The Rimac is it, but limited production and 2m+$ price tag means the Plaid will be king for some time.

After a few botched attempts last week with my black on black 21" car I took delivery of my exact spec but in White. I am coming from an AMG GTS and here are my thoughts. This car is big, like huge. It feels big, but its very nice and refined. The ride was better than I was expecting and the quiet, smooth cabin experience is sublime. The stereo system is the best i've ever had in any car (i've had many high end cars over the years). The infotainment is a bit overwhelming. I need some seat time with it to really get a proper opinion of it. The yoke took me 1 minute to get used to, and the lack of turn signal arms wasn't a big deal at all.

Performance.....here we go. MOTHER OF GOD. This makes my AMG's feel like econoboxes. Truly. This thing will scare you. It simply just starts flying when you hit the accelerator. I punched it on an on ramp and by half way down I glanced down and saw 109mph. It wasn't even for that long! The one issue I am running into is that the braking is no where near good enough for hard acceleration when other cars are around. Even for quick bursts it can get away from you.

The usual suspects are present in my car. Big gaps on the hood and a few alignment issues but definitely not the worst Model S I have seen. The white is pretty awesome.

The glass roof lets in a lot of light and heat. My poor bald head is burned from about an hours worth of driving. I wonder if I could tint this darker??

Greg

I sold my AMG-GTS when I moved from the northeast to California. I had 5
Lower discs in my back fused and it was too tough to get in and out of. I leased
And Alfa Romeo stelvio for 2 years while healing. I do miss a couple things about the GTS.
I really miss the sound every time I turned the engine on. I also miss the brakes. I had ceramic brakes. Did you? If so, do you remember the first
Time you stepped on the brake pedal and almost
threw passenger through the windshield.
Although being new to EVs and Tesla, I am having a similar learning curve when I take my foot
Off the accelerator. And I only bought the LR
Model.
I am loving this car a lot. Good luck with yours.

Only two I’ve seen in person are white and msm. The white popped so well with the black accents. Side by side the white looked much better. But so subjective as everyone is different. Don’t think you can make a wrong decision!

@ks1972 How do I precondition? Had been driving for about 1 hour so. Do not know what to think of it - this Tesla stuff is new to me. Looking for feedback on whether I should be excited or not.

Actually did my math wrong and it was closer to 25 mins. Next time I will run it down in the teens and then see what it does.

@ks1972 How do I precondition? Had been driving for about 1 hour so. Do not know what to think of it - this Tesla stuff is new to me. Looking for feedback on whether I should be excited or not.

Actually did my math wrong and it was closer to 25 mins. Next time I will run it down in the teens and then see what it does.
25 sounds much better. You just touch the supercharger icon in your navigation map and choose the supercharger where you would like to charge, car will decide whether pre-conditioning is required or not based on your battery temp and SOC

I am just hoping that Orders with 19inch wheels start going into production after the long weekend or some news..

I am surprise no one here known anyone who works at Tesla factory maybe can get us some details on new refresh model with 19inch wheels..
I know one person who works at Fremont’s factory and I did ask for any details on production and where is my car lol. That person works as a software developer for the main conveyor but there is another team who is planning the conveyor production plan and only they are able to pull info by RN number, but not the person I know.