Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sam3194 what’s up buddy! Long time no see around here (as in, a few pages..)
Any updates from your contact about production ramp? Specifically, what’s going on with 19” wheels?

Noticed a change on my order last night to August. LR with 19”s.

I was told I had a build date on the week of July 6th and should receive a VIN shortly after the week (So next week). Transit is around 10 days and at which point SC will receive and inspect.

I was then told if I see a rainbow, to follow bands from one side to the other for faster delivery. Now I just need to wait for rain.

Noticed a change on my order last night to August. LR with 19”s.

I was told I had a build date on the week of July 6th and should receive a VIN shortly after the week (So next week). Transit is around 10 days and at which point SC will receive and inspect.

I was then told if I see a rainbow, to follow bands from one side to the other for faster delivery. Now I just need to wait for rain.
Excited for you! My Plaid order from 9/22/2020 with 19s is still blank.. and I’m 40 miles from the factory. Weird.

Last time I spoke to Tesla on June 25th, I was told my order was in “build planning” so I should expect to have an estimated delivery timeframe within about a week. Well, it’s been over a week now but still blank.

@sam3194 did you get the build date from your insider contact, or is this someone less connected than you could ask Tesla to provide?

Last edited:
crack dealer

I am merely offering my opinion as to why I think Plaid is worth it for those that are on the fence. The only thing I said that wasn't true is that it isn't Alien technology....hahah. Perhaps my level of enthusiasm and fun is a bit much for some here, to which I think you are giving me a hint. Sorry to be so pumped for the car, but I get your point I won't try and sound like a car salesman (especially since I am not!) 👍

Last edited:
I am merely offering my opinion as to why I think Plaid is worth it for those that are on the fence. The only thing I said that wasn't true is that it isn't Alien technology....hahah. Perhaps my level of enthusiasm and fun is a bit much for some here, to which I think you are giving me a hint. Sorry to be so pumped for the car, but I get your point I won't try and sound like a car salesman (especially since I am not!) 👍
Oh, you misunderstand.

I've been to mechanical nerd rehab so many times I'm likely not welcome back.
I now just give in to the horned guy on my shoulder without debate.
Plaid you say? Plaid it is.

I hold your kind of crack dealing in the highest esteem!

Oh, you misunderstand.

I've been to mechanical nerd rehab so many times I'm likely not welcome back.
I now just give in to the horned guy on my shoulder without debate.
Plaid you say? Plaid it is.

I hold your kind of crack dealing in the highest esteem!
👍 😁🤣

we human beings like to go fast. some of us more (way) than others. I am definitely on the upper end of the "like speed" spectrum.

Excited for you! My Plaid order from 9/22/2020 with 19s is still blank.. and I’m 40 miles from the factory. Weird.

Last time I spoke to Tesla on June 25th, I was told my order was in “build planning” so I should expect to have an estimated delivery timeframe within about a week. Well, it’s been over a week now but still blank.

@sam3194 did you get the build date from your insider contact, or is this someone less connected than you could ask Tesla to provide?
Right, because they need to hand plan your build to then make it by hand, as if it’s not the same car that’s on a mass production line getting pumped out every day lol

It makes me think the battery charging isn't improved significantly because someone else on here posted Plaid charging at around 37 miles per hour with a Tesla home charger. That's not impressive at all. The 2020 model s chargers at that rate at 48Amps and a Model 3/Y charges at 45 miles per hour. Seems like improvements were made in acceleration and stuff but with battery being the same cells charging rate has not improved as significantly as it was advertised. 40-90 in 35 minutes isn't impressive
I just woke up so forgive me if this has been covered already, but this is because the M3 is more efficient. 48A/240V is what my plaid charges at and that's the max the charger can handle. Because it's heavy and powerful that doesn't add the same number of miles as it does on an M3. It's limited by the charger's max current and has basically nothing to do with the battery tech

👍 😁🤣

we human beings like to go fast. some of us more (way) than others. I am definitely on the upper end of the "like speed" spectrum.

I thought I liked to go fast until I came across ‘Situation Plaid’ a couple weeks ago. This dude likes going fast 🤩. His videos are fun to watch but these guys really need to take it to a track or private runway.
After weeks of non-stop Plaid annihilation, a 1500WHP twin turbo Lamborghini is the first car I’ve seen able to pull away from a plaid. These guys are all nuts 🤣🤷‍♂️

I thought I liked to go fast until I came across ‘Situation Plaid’ a couple weeks ago. This dude likes going fast 🤩. His videos are fun to watch but these guys really need to take it to a track or private runway.
After weeks of non-stop Plaid annihilation, a 1500WHP twin turbo Lamborghini is the first car I’ve seen able to pull away from a plaid. These guys are all nuts 🤣🤷‍♂️

And then it might only be due to the Plaid being limited at the moment.

Hey @omarsultan, when something is playing exclusively in the rear screen (Netflix, YT), the audio still uses the entire speaker system or is there dedicated sound for just the rear passengers? It sounds obvious that it would be the former but just looking for confirmation.
Isn’t it nuts we can’t get a clear answer…even from folks with the new s! It’s not the former from what I gather. Folks can’t connect Bluetooth and games aren’t loaded yet on many deliveries (rear screen). I’d bet right now that it’s a duplicate of the front screen (music, Netflix) and that sound takes over whole car audio if rear overrides a front screen song or something. Not sure if this will all be worked out with updates but it’s the best I can gather from folks so far. We’ll learn more these new weeks with all the S deliveries happening.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Isn’t it nuts we can’t get a clear answer…even from folks with the new s! It’s not the former from what I gather. Folks can’t connect Bluetooth and games aren’t loaded yet on many deliveries (rear screen). I’d bet right now that it’s a duplicate of the front screen (music, Netflix) and that sound takes over whole car audio if rear overrides a front screen song or something. Not sure if this will all be worked out with updates but it’s the best I can gather from folks so far. We’ll learn more these new weeks with all the S deliveries happening.
It takes over the whole sound system if you play something on the back screen (Netflix, etc.)

Which, until they allow multiple Bluetooth audio out connections, is the way I'd want it. The front and rear aren't that separate - two different soundtracks playing at the same time would be horrible for both front and rear passengers.

But can also confirm, haven't gotten two audio out Bluetooth connections set up.