Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 16265792461135160314805754292653.jpg
    16265792461135160314805754292653.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 68
Was this an actual measurement? Or stated somewhere?

If so, that would put the wheels at 34-35lbs each - definitely not lightweight category. They do look like they are beefier than past arachnids so that would account for the increased weight.
Yes it’s actual measurements from the Signature wheel thread. The new Arachnids are not forged.

Yes it’s actual measurements from the Signature wheel thread. The new Arachnids are not forged.

What cast method are they using then? I know an SA stated cast but we know how reliable they have been on anything related to this car.

Cast or not, the 21's check my boxes and have no intention of changing them out - just curious on all this.

What cast method are they using then? I know an SA stated cast but we know how reliable they have been on anything related to this car.

Cast or not, the 21's check my boxes and have no intention of changing them out - just curious on all this.
I don’t know the specifics.
The Arachnids look great. But they are not performance wheels, that’s the ZeroG task. I think Tesla should have offered the ZeroG right off the bat along with 21s and 19s.
The 19s are the ugly but efficient wheel. I ordered mine with 19s and will use them for winter. I plan on buying lightweight 19s or 20s wheels for the summer.

Call came in from Delivery Center... Delivery appointment for tomorrow has been delayed - per them a hold has been put on all new Model S's - something to do with software... The poor guy was very apologetic and transparent about the fact they had "limited information" regarding the reason for the "hold." He said they hope to deliver in a few days and will know more Tuesday... Anyone else hearing this?? Marina del Rey Delivery Center...

I don’t know the specifics.
The Arachnids look great. But they are not performance wheels, that’s the ZeroG task. I think Tesla should have offered the ZeroG right off the bat along with 21s and 19s.
The 19s are the ugly but efficient wheel. I ordered mine with 19s and will use them for winter. I plan on buying lightweight 19s or 20s wheels for the summer.

Yeah, the 19" are ugly and not putting a hubcap on a $100k car just for a handful of miles. The 21's do check my boxes and as an LR, the performance loss of a few 0.1's secs is no biggie.

I agree that Tesla missed out on not having the 20" ready at launch - I think the Plaid guys would have bought a metric buttload of them. I may have bought them - even if for just better choice of A/S tire.

As another off-topic question - do any other Tesla OEM wheels match the new arachnids for color? I want to switch to the traditional center cap but they have to match color.