Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two more for the books:

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/fo...fo-dates-and-vehicles-being-delivered?page=11
HaroldS | SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
Just got the call from Tesla. We'll be picking up our regular Signature (S#273)in Portland, Maine on October 14th. We have a 550 mile drive planned for the first two days (one overnight recharge scheduled), so we'll get some real life range info. From the experience we've gained driving Prii for the past few years I'm confident that we can beat the Motor Trend road trips with no sweat (sorry about that pun).

Chris10 | SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
We are Signature 749, were called on Friday 9/7 by the DC delivery person and working on paperwork now. Delivery window is same as Soflauthor, 9/28 to 10/12. VIN is 208, which I find pretty interesting if, in fact, we are getting the 208th car produced. They must be batching production around specific sets of options. Definitely earlier than expected but very excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Sig749 has VIN 208, so does that mean its the 208th to be made? Including founders and test models? If so, it confirms that there is a lot of batching and the sig number being made is not a good indicator of total current production.

Two more for the books:

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/fo...fo-dates-and-vehicles-being-delivered?page=11
HaroldS | SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
Just got the call from Tesla. We'll be picking up our regular Signature (S#273)in Portland, Maine on October 14th. We have a 550 mile drive planned for the first two days (one overnight recharge scheduled), so we'll get some real life range info. From the experience we've gained driving Prii for the past few years I'm confident that we can beat the Motor Trend road trips with no sweat (sorry about that pun).

Chris10 | SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
We are Signature 749, were called on Friday 9/7 by the DC delivery person and working on paperwork now. Delivery window is same as Soflauthor, 9/28 to 10/12. VIN is 208, which I find pretty interesting if, in fact, we are getting the 208th car produced. They must be batching production around specific sets of options. Definitely earlier than expected but very excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Sig749 has VIN 208, so does that mean its the 208th to be made? Including founders and test models? If so, it confirms that there is a lot of batching and the sig number being made is not a good indicator of total current production.

So it appears that VIN 208 is due at the end of September. Assuming that's the production number, that means only about 249 (208 + 41 founders) are currently scheduled within Q3? 500 is looking a long ways off. Did we ever definitively say the 500 was for the number produced or delivered?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Yah, I was thinking they are "stealth SSL". Would make perfect sense in that light.

Also, at this point I think about 25 roadster owners are at least 4% friends of mine as part of TMC family. Can I get a stealth SSL bump? ;)

I find this incredibly confusing. Let's say that 749 is delivered before, say, the 500s due to batching. Ok, but that doesn't explain why 749 would start (hence lower VIN number) before the 500s. I'm sure there's a rhyme and reason, but it escapes me so far.

Further, if this bizarreness puts my S552 as VIN > 1000, Tesla is going to have a serious PR problem.

I'm really hoping to get "666" in my VIN again.

2012-09-10-058.jpg

EDIT: And yes it is a really nice day today. Didn't really notice the clouds before I posted it.

Just got a callback from the company installing our solar PV system & EV charging plug, with an estimate of 3rd week of October.

So now the race is on to see who shows up in our garage first, a Model S (Sig #414) or solar panels & NEMA 14-50 plugs!

Tempted to call Tesla and see where Raleigh NC ranks in delivery locations... not exactly the same concentration as parts of FL or other parts of the east coast, but I'd hope that folks many hundreds of spots further down the Sig line aren't getting their deliveries afore mine!

Great looking car, my car (pearl white) was in the middle stall right next to yours, when I bumped into Elon he was over in the section of the factory where they test drive the finished cars. Did you notice how many of the cars in the line were like yours signature red? my delivery person said its close to 50% of the signature series due to its exclusivity

And here's a pic of your car and another waiting for you to drive off Andy! This must have been while you were chatting with Elon. :)
WhiteBlackS.jpg

Well I was told 9/28 - 10/12. Hope that was right and not my ears playing tricks on me. I'll confirm when I get my first e-mail.

Brandon called again today and confirmed the same date range (9/28-10/12). He also confirmed that ours were scheduled to be batched when I said your first name and Nigel's. He also said the FL res holders had all been great to work with so wanted to pass on the compliment since I know we are all getting a little restless toward the end here. He was glad we were sharing info on the forum.

Brandon called again today and confirmed the same date range (9/28-10/12). He also confirmed that ours were scheduled to be batched when I said your first name and Nigel's. He also said the FL res holders had all been great to work with so wanted to pass on the compliment since I know we are all getting a little restless toward the end here. He was glad we were sharing info on the forum.

Glad to hear that. I don't like bugging them unless absolutely necessary. Did you get a VIN yet Dave?