Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S is ready for me, but I can't get to it. :cursing:

With luck, I will be back in Boulder on Friday or Saturday and can take delivery then. After 3.5 years, a few days is not a lot, but it is frustrating. :frown:

Well, the car was ready on Tuesday, and it looks like I will be ready for it on Friday. I have scheduled my delivery for Friday Afternoon. The 3.5 year wait may be over soon! :biggrin:

Well, the car was ready on Tuesday, and it looks like I will be ready for it on Friday. I have scheduled my delivery for Friday Afternoon. The 3.5 year wait may be over soon! :biggrin:

Painful. And I can relate. The day before I was scheduled to pick up my Roadster, I had to fly unexpectedly to NY on business. I had to push out the pick up date by a week and I was not happy.

Amazing. Us early sigs have been waiting 3.5 years. Think about that a minute. It has been 3.5 years since that unveiling at Hawthorn. No one in the industry could beat TESLA to the punch. The car is being delivered 95%-97% as stated in March of 09.

Step back and realize what an amazing accomplishment this is.

Congrats to all who are getting their cars in the coming weeks. You have waited patiently and will be rewarded greatly. Enjoy your cars!

Painful. And I can relate. The day before I was scheduled to pick up my Roadster, I had to fly unexpectedly to NY on business. I had to push out the pick up date by a week and I was not happy.

My Roadster was ready for delivery in May 2010. Around the same time the Ontario government finally announced their EV incentive program - $8,500 for cars registered on or after July 2. Okay, then, we'll just postpone delivery for a couple of months. No biggie. :frown:

Maybe it's Cottonwood's? He's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I doubt it. Mine is a Sig Red with 21" wheels. In addition, they usually do the initial delivery in an enclosed trailer and would not drive from Denver to Boulder until tomorrow.

My guess is that it was one of the two Founders Series owned by Kimball Musk and his wife in Boulder. Kimball is the brother of Elon and member of the Tesla Board.

Just had a thought: perhaps the "out of order" sequencing is the following.

Sig 208 defers to a production model or (heaven forbid) cancels the reservation. Rather than move everyone up, Tesla leaves a blank.
In production, they come to car 208 and there is a hole, so they fill it with the next available sig that fits their current batching strategy, whatever that may be.
Sig 820 fits that designation (I'm making this up) and then jumps ahead to VIN 208.
Now there's a hole at 820, which they can fill when they get there.
Eventually they get to the end of the sigs who are actually purchasing a car, but they have excess numbers in the stated 1200, so they "sell more" to make up the total (hence the panic over us thinking they are selling more than 1200).

Maybe. Or maybe I'm trying to justify why Charles in the 800's will get his car before me in the 500's...

Got my email this afternoon around 3pm (pacific)!

Sig #393, Oct 5-19. I'm in the SF Bay area (Campbell, specifically), and am electing for delivery at home. Configuration:

- Silver Paint
- Pano room
- 21" Grey Wheels
- White Interior
- Carbon Fiber Décor

- - - Updated - - -

Got my email this afternoon around 3pm (pacific)!

Sig #393, Oct 5-19. I'm in the SF Bay area (Campbell, specifically), and am electing for delivery at home. Configuration:

- Silver Paint
- Pano room
- 21" Grey Wheels
- White Interior
- Carbon Fiber Décor

I almost forgot to mention: I'm a performance (without spoiler).

And I don't know the VIN yet.