Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Tesla yesterday to learn that my car had just left CA and was in Nevada at the time. They were seeing a 9/3 arrival date in NY. I had a 9/4-9/8 EDD in my account.

Today my EDD moved up to Aug 31 - Sept 6. Maybe it's being hauled by a PLAID car carrier.
Called SC on Friday and they confirmed it’s still estimated to arrive on 9/3 or 9/4. I made an appointment to pick up on Sunday 9/5 at noon from Mt Kisco. Next week is going to be the longest week.

Efficiency report:

Used 3 years of TeslaFi data from old S100D to compare with new Plaid (19") (only 1 trip's worth of Plaid data so far).
Similar speeds and weather conditions - as close to a valid comparison as I can achieve. Used Chill mode for entire trip.

Leg 1: 121 miles - 1/2 curvy, hilly 2-lane, 60 mph, 1/2 Interstate 80-85 mph.
S 100D average: 40.14 kWh (14 data points) Plaid: 41 kWh (+2.14%)

Leg 2: 90 miles - All Interstate - 85 mph.
S 100D average: 36.17 kWh (23 data points) Plaid: 33 kWh (-8.76%) (!)

Leg 3: 107 miles - All Interstate - 85 mph.
S 100D average: 42.02 kWh (23 data points) Plaid: 40 kWh (-4.80%)

Leg 4: 100 miles - Slower rural 2-lane (78 mph), slower, steep uphill (70-5) at the end.
S 100D average: 36.8 kWh (22 data points) Plaid: 38 kWh (+3.26%)

Not enough data yet to make firm conclusions, but initial trip seems to point to significant aero improvements.

Just my opinion - YMMV.

Biggest difference between the two cars: Plaid charges much longer before throttling. 3 Supercharges: 8, 16, and 12 minutes.

Good morning all! Whilst you were all sleeping, I was impulsively ordering a MY Performance (White on White) to replace my 2021 CrossTrek! o_O Decided to go all Electric. I wonder if the gen2 HPWC will allow a gen3 HPWC to power share? Anyone know?

Edit: Does Tesla still match others trade in values, or is that a thing of the past?

Last edited:
Ah might have the rethink on the tires then, definitely don’t want any hydroplaning to happen
Hey @Venom, just FYI, he's talking about the Michelin Cup 2 tires, which are one notch ahead of the PS4S tires. You don't have to worry about the 4s's gripping in the rain. I've had plenty of IRL experience in them, and they're really good IMHO.🙂

Stopped by Cleveland location to see if my car was on the lot, since delivery is supposed to be this week. They did have about 4 or 5 LR and a couple Plaids. I got to go in one of the cars and really liked the look of the inside, the yoke and how the screen is more integrated now. It was not as nice/luxurious as my 2021 BMW 5 Series though. Seats seemed nice too, but again I don’t think as comfortable as my 5 Series. Tesla Model S was definitely minimalist inside, but very nice.

Find a forum friend and drive the Plaid. The two cars are not even in the same league let alone the same ball park. One drive should clear the issue up one way or the other. I wish you were closer.
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. I'm waiting to get my hands on Plaid. Having never been in one and reading posts that say the acceleration wasn't as impressive makes me question my decision sometimes. Hopefully, I'll be able to clear things up when I get my car. You're a great guy to even offer to show your car. I appreciate that a lot. Oh I forgot @sflgator account of being in your car, which was an extremely positive. Okay, I'll take you guys' word for it. After all you definitely know more about this topic than I do 😅

Good morning all! Whilst you were all sleeping, I was impulsively ordering a MY Performance (White on White) to replace my 2021 CrossTrek! o_O Decided to go all Electric. I wonder if the gen2 HPWC will allow a gen3 HPWC to power share? Anyone know?

Edit: Does Tesla still match others trade in values, or is that a thing of the past?
Good luck! Just selling my White on White MYP that I got this March to carvana haha.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. I'm waiting to get my hands on Plaid. Having never been in one and reading posts that say the acceleration wasn't as impressive makes me question my decision sometimes. Hopefully, I'll be able to clear things up when I get my car. You're a great guy to even offer to show your car. I appreciate that a lot. Oh I forgot @sflgator account of being in your car, which was an extremely positive. Okay, I'll take you guys' word for it. After all you definitely know more about this topic than I do 😅
I do not think you'll be disappointed. If anyone is questioning the voracity of just how quick and powerful the MS Plaid is (in comparison to pretty much ANY other street legal stock or even moderately modded high performance vehicle), then please watch this video again...especially when Brooks takes the Bugatti, Lambo & Ferrari guys out for a little test drive ~ 6:30, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 😜 🤣 ...

Last edited:
Just confirmed that my car is sitting at the SC.

Attachments

• B949AF5F-658A-4048-BAC8-C0D763C6A894.jpeg
    B949AF5F-658A-4048-BAC8-C0D763C6A894.jpeg
    638.1 KB · Views: 72