Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I elected not to change the bumper. They buffed out what was in the clear coat and my PPF guy is going to finish the repair prior to PPF. That will be sufficient for an area I cannot see.
For me this is pretty significant. I can see part of damage from straight on.

Attachments

• 0EE3CBBF-5A9D-4151-AA8F-69E5F6476AFB.jpeg
    0EE3CBBF-5A9D-4151-AA8F-69E5F6476AFB.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 74
Apparently, tons of east coast deliveries en route have been stopped due to "inclement weather".

If you got a delivery date prior to 72 hours ago, and are on the east coast, you might want to call and get an update, because my car was supposed to be delivered to me on 9/12 and now it's been pushed back 10 days.
Supposed to get mine on the 11th. Just sold my 3!! What the hell! I’ll have to call now. Thanks for the bad news.

Update: just called (Oddly no wait time), and she verified it’s in the Jersey rail yard/hub, so no issues getting it to Devon, PA by Wednesday for a Saturday pickup. Whew!

Last edited:
Just picked her up - she’s GORGEOUS. Not a single issue at all that I’ve noticed and I followed the entire checklist provided by @MarcG. No panel gaps and weather strip is perfectly aligned. The only thing missing was the rear trunk cover, but they said it’d be shipped out to me.

Will do a more thorough inspection after I get home, just didn’t want to leave you guys hanging!

One thing I noticed is that the roof let’s in WAY more heat, so i shall be getting it tinted!

View attachment 705925
Stunning! 🦚 🦚 Enjoy it and drive it in good health!!

Just picked her up - she’s GORGEOUS. Not a single issue at all that I’ve noticed and I followed the entire checklist provided by @MarcG. No panel gaps and weather strip is perfectly aligned. The only thing missing was the rear trunk cover, but they said it’d be shipped out to me.

Will do a more thorough inspection after I get home, just didn’t want to leave you guys hanging!

One thing I noticed is that the roof let’s in WAY more heat, so i shall be getting it tinted!

View attachment 705925
Beautiful! Can you provide a link to the checklist?

View attachment 705925
Sunnovabish! Should’ve ordered red!

Not really, there are still whiners out there. Sone do not even own it yet. They are telling me how crazy I am for being ok with it after 10k miles.

The latest update improves the buttons considerably.

Can you please explain the button improvements from this update?

EDD Sep 3-10. That’s tomorrow. No VIN. RN 114397. January order. It feels like they would rather me cancel then sell mine to someone else for the 12K more, the current cost over my price. My brother with same config, ordered after me for more $$, has his car already. Feels unethical.
Does he have the EXACT same config? I’ve seen many times in here people say someone else with the same config got their car earlier when in fact the configs were different.

In my P100DL it happened to me once where I lightly touched a tall speed bump while owning the car for 4 years. (The scratches where quite tiny in comparison to this) It is bothering me knowing it’s there and I will give it a few days to possibly change my mind. Right now I want it replaced. Thank you all the input and suggestions.
Replace. Don’t listen to the others that are meek. There’s no such thing as Tesla new car delivery tolerance. You paid about 100k or more. There’s no other product on this Earth where that is acceptable. If they f up other things after, you keep bringing it back. You’ll have the car for years. The weeks or days to get it right is a pain for sure but is also prudent buyer principle. And you’re absolutely in the right on top of it all. You didn’t pay all that to have some knucklehead bottom out your brand new car 👊🏻💪🏻

Last edited:
Ordered my Plaid on 8/3 , got Vin on 8/17 . Picked it up today [ 9/6]
View attachment 706019View attachment 706020
Looking good! Did you swap out the front emblem yourself? If so, what tool did you use to get the screw behind the emblem? I’ve got one too but the “L” shaped torx wrenches I have don’t seem to reach that screw. Not sure if it’s just not long enough, or if it’s a different tool altogether

Looking good! Did you swap out the front emblem yourself? If so, what tool did you use to get the screw behind the emblem? I’ve got one too but the “L” shaped torx wrenches I have don’t seem to reach that screw. Not sure if it’s just not long enough, or if it’s a different tool altogether
It's a CF overlay that goes over the factory emblem , it has double sided tape already attached so it takes like 10 seconds to install it