Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does he have the EXACT same config? I’ve seen many times in here people say someone else with the same config got their car earlier when in fact the configs were different.
He does but he’s in california and as it turns out my VIN is 25 #’s before his. He got a call for pickup 2 days later and when he agreed, then a VIN assigned so probably the original buyer backed out.

Just picked her up - she’s GORGEOUS. Not a single issue at all that I’ve noticed and I followed the entire checklist provided by @MarcG. No panel gaps and weather strip is perfectly aligned. The only thing missing was the rear trunk cover, but they said it’d be shipped out to me.

Will do a more thorough inspection after I get home, just didn’t want to leave you guys hanging!

One thing I noticed is that the roof let’s in WAY more heat, so i shall be getting it tinted!

View attachment 705925
Awesome. Great looking car. Enjoy.

Does anyone have the link for MS nationwide Existing Inventory that’s currently available? If so please post or DM me.
@Danlbrau Change parameters as you wish.

Most of us have our information in our signature, so every entry is giving a quick update. We give each other a hard time once in awhile. Try to encourage some who are frustrated and tired of waiting. Celebrate members that have a delivery date and secretly hate the fact that you are not the chosen one.

Think of us posting as multitaskers.. I can’t help but come back again and again to see what is happening.
Back in ancient times I started this thread to help pass the time while waiting up to 4 years for our Signature Model S delivery dates. So the VIN assignments upfront helped facilitate that. I wanted to make it so that people didn't have to read long posts to get to that key info. Over time the tread has certainly morphed to all things delivery related and then some. I'm happy with the way it evolved and too have enjoyed new owners to be just as excited as we were waiting for our Signature Model S's in 2012!

I agree on the horn being the only thing I am concerned about now. Because you hopefully almost never need to use the horn and when you do it's often in an emergency or with little time to think, reflexes and muscle memory kick in and I'm worried I'll just hit the middle of the steering wheel instead of finding the button when I really need to use it.

Everything else I will have a chance to practice and build muscle memory and am sure will be fine after a few weeks. I get the rationale behind the yoke and removing the stalks (don't necessarily agree but I understand the reasons). I don't know why they moved the horn to a button on the side.
I was also a bit frustrated trying to be ready to push the horn button itself, but as others have said, you can put your palm over the top part of the right side of the yoke (over the horn button and the traffic aware cruise emblem and the washer), and it honks with no problems. I was trying to put my hand over the entire right side of the yoke with no luck, but once I realized where to put it, it works well, and I no longer have to keep my right thumb hovering around the small horn button.

Picked up plaid today, delivery experience was smooth. Fit and finish are great, looked over everything very careful. Driving experience is out of this world, creeped into the 100s on accident a few times.

Did get a TPMS error on the display during the drive home, “Tire pressure system monitoring fault”. Guess I’ll need to schedule service for this?

Cheers.

Well, today, 10 days after I picked up my car, I found a deserted industrial area and came to a stop in the road and then pushed the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor somewhat quickly, but not smashing it. I was not prepared for the acceleration, and almost immediately pulled my foot back. God almighty, I now understand the videos where people, even those experienced with high end performance cars, start laughing when they do a launch (which I still haven't done). The acceleration is really something. Those of you with the MS P versions in the past know what it feels like pretty much, but my former MS was a 100D, not P100D. My MY is a P, but of course not the same thing.
My wife was with me and closed her eyes and screamed. I cannot imagine what doing a 1/4 must be like, for 9.3 seconds. :oops::oops::oops: I know that next time I am going to put my head back on the headrest, put steering on sport, and hold on better.

Back in ancient times I started this thread to help pass the time while waiting up to 4 years for our Signature Model S delivery dates. So the VIN assignments upfront helped facilitate that. I wanted to make it so that people didn't have to read long posts to get to that key info. Over time the tread has certainly morphed to all things delivery related and then some. I'm happy with the way it evolved and too have enjoyed new owners to be just as excited as we were waiting for our Signature Model S's in 2012!
Nice to meet you, O Father of Thread! This was my main coping mechanism for the almost 8 months I waited from order to delivery. Thank you for starting the virtual therapy session!

OMG, so glad to make your acquaintance, O Father of Thread! Thank YOU.
Your thread has been a great venting, informative, and anxiety provoking / relieving site, but also a place where i can get my MS dreams vicariously fulfilled until my EDD actually arrives. Can you believe it still lingers on and on??