Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Limited to 166 mph
Understeers like a pig.
The only time the back steps out is on hard braking with turn in or when the back gets kicked by a curb.
HUGE use of regenerative braking as opposed to the brake pedal. Neat to see one pedal technique used near the limit of traction.
"Dif" is set up for too much drive. A lot of the Plaid's stock understeer could be dialed out with more active rear "Dif" torque steering.

I'd love to see that same run with someone with slower hands and more balanced gentler inputs. It would negate a lot of the front wheel scrub loss. I wonder if Jensen is available.
well to be fair it is a pig :)

Maximum speed 269 Km/h
Battery temperatures starting at 20° and 66° at the end of the lap.

Can't wait for the 200 mph unlocking

View attachment 707455
Interesting how the speedometers aren't all that close. 269 vs 279. I noticed it in the video there were continuous discrepancies. I wonder which one is more accurate in the end?

The definition the poster is using is coming to a complete stop (which is reasonable). Tesla needed permanent magnet motors to do this I believe which is why it "took them so long".
The permanent magnet motor certainly made it easier, but they could have transitioned from the motors doing the braking to the actual mechanical brakes once speeds got below 5 mph. Not a big deal in retrospect, of course.

Took delivery of Nameless today! 1.5" of rain today so no great pics, maybe tomorrow. I went through as much of the pre-delivery checklist posted here somewhere as I could (too much rain to be able to check the paint, but looks good) and found zero issues. I did notice no floor mats; my SA was confused and went off to investigate, came back and said they didn't have them yet but would ship them when they arrived.

Am about 90% sure I'm going with a lighter blue wrap. Maybe even the door handles :cool:

One concern I had was, would I be able to have both Teslas in my Tesla app with an easy way to switch between them, even though my wife and I use separate Tesla accounts? No problemo! They had to wait until I accepted delivery, then it was a matter of going into each account and adding the other one as an additional user. Now Lisa and I can both just swipe left/right to swtich between the cars, could not possibly be any easier. Yay.

I did not get a chance to floor the accelerator because of all the rain, but there's something to look forward to tomorrow!! One time, though, I did put my foot pretty far down and it was scary because of the wet road. I checked what the mode was, and they default it to insane. I moved it to sport for today, but never really pushed beyond chill-like in the wet. I did try flooring it in chill mode. It was chill, LOL.

If anyone in the Boston area is interested, I'll be taking Nameless to Snappy Dogs in Hopkinton tomorrow, be there around noon.
You do realize the new app that came out eliminated the need to select your car in the app... even if it isn't the active car, you it will open for you as you approach.

Limited to 166 mph
Understeers like a pig.
The only time the back steps out is on hard braking with turn in or when the back gets kicked by a curb.
HUGE use of regenerative braking as opposed to the brake pedal. Neat to see one pedal technique used near the limit of traction.
"Dif" is set up for too much drive. A lot of the Plaid's stock understeer could be dialed out with more active rear "Dif" torque steering.

I'd love to see that same run with someone with slower hands and more balanced gentler inputs. It would negate a lot of the front wheel scrub loss. I wonder if Jensen is available.
He never used a blinker either. That trash yoke thing.

Interesting how the speedometers aren't all that close. 269 vs 279. I noticed it in the video there were continuous discrepancies. I wonder which one is more accurate in the end?
The circumference of tires

The tripmaster gps is the most realistic
Its beacon is in the center of the dashboard

EDIT; Cracked windshield.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't understand all the comments about the "terrible" brakes on the Plaid. Motor Trend got a 60-0 distance of 104ft.
That compares pretty well to their (somewhat dated) testing of Audi R8 - 101ft, MB SLS AMG Roadster - 100ft, and Lambo Aventador - 100ft.

I think what people are really referring to is the pedal pressure required to fully engage the brakes. It feels like it takes more pedal force in my Plaid to fully engage the brakes, but once you do, the stopping is very good. Better than my old E60 BMW M5 at 112 ft, even though the brakes "felt" better in that car, perhaps because it took less pedal force to engage.

Bottom line, press down on the brakes HARD if you want to stop quickly - you won't be disappointed.
agree re the "feel" comment. I hate the squishy feel of the MX brakes when I need them. My BMW 750 w/ M package brakes are wonderful and have helped me avoid several unpleasant situations.

Day 3 of owning a Plaid. Still haven't floored it, but I have drag strip tickets for Sunday. This car has beyond exceeded any of my expectations. There is an incorrectly attached panel inside that they are gonna fix this weekend (picture attached.) The car is insanely quiet and that's even before ANC is added. The regen is noticeably stronger and that's gonna take some getting used to. The power is so finicky and I've found myself applying way more power than I need. It still feels like a ****ing missile only going 1/3 the way down on the accelerator pedal. I've owned 3 Model S's including this one, and this car is in a whole different league. Anyway, let’s talk about the yoke. I totally love it and I actually think it’s far better to drive than a traditional wheel. The buttons I’m still getting used to but they’re pretty easy to use and provide a little feedback when I press them which I like quite a bit. Compared to my MCU2 100D, the screen on this car is noticeably faster, and that says something relative to its performance given how fast MCU2 already was. This car is absolutely fantastic and is 1000% worth the wait, trust me.

Attachments

• 49888206-8795-4D94-8973-120F19297CE2.jpeg
    49888206-8795-4D94-8973-120F19297CE2.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 78
  • EE65A4FC-CF63-4847-B059-A311B6E209F7.jpeg
    EE65A4FC-CF63-4847-B059-A311B6E209F7.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 94C8AA31-D56A-4117-83F0-B4FCDA5DF677.jpeg
    94C8AA31-D56A-4117-83F0-B4FCDA5DF677.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 56
My LR delivery was set for next Tuesday. Waited 8 months. Today I was out in Scottsdale delivery facility area so I decided to look for my car. No luck so I asked the service delivery guys it’s status and about getting that 2K taken off so I could get a cashiers check ready for Tuesday delivery. He’s like what 2K? I’m like really dude, looks at my order dates. He got the 2K taken off within 5 minutes, he looked my car up and said it has passed inspection and I can pick up tonight at 6. Whoa! They paid for my Uber ride to get there this evening (50 miles). It is flawless visually, every rumored missing trunk part was there. All gaps and rubber hood, no scrapes underneath. It’s as fast as I need and the hubcaps look better than expected, but I’m still planning to powder coat the 19’s to match black trim. The only problem I found is tires need balancing between 105-120 mph. Pics on low suspension setting. VIN 441. Frunk is open.
Beautiful. Glad that there were no major problems. Enjoy the ride.

Day 3 of owning a Plaid. Still haven't floored it, but I have drag strip tickets for Sunday. This car has beyond exceeded any of my expectations. There is an incorrectly attached panel inside that they are gonna fix this weekend (picture attached.) The car is insanely quiet and that's even before ANC is added. The regen is noticeably stronger and that's gonna take some getting used to. The power is so finicky and I've found myself applying way more power than I need. It still feels like a ****ing missile only going 1/3 the way down on the accelerator pedal. I've owned 3 Model S's including this one, and this car is in a whole different league. Anyway, let’s talk about the yoke. I totally love it and I actually think it’s far better to drive than a traditional wheel. The buttons I’m still getting used to but they’re pretty easy to use and provide a little feedback when I press them which I like quite a bit. Compared to my MCU2 100D, the screen on this car is noticeably faster, and that says something relative to its performance given how fast MCU2 already was. This car is absolutely fantastic and is 1000% worth the wait, trust me.

How does it feel in real life when the right side of the yoke covers portion of the screen?

How does it feel in real life when the right side of the yoke covers portion of the screen?
I rarely have a use for the 1" square in the corner that the yoke covers in in my view, although it did cover up the album art for what was playing when I had minimized the music player... so I dragged the player to the passenger side of the display, which also makes it easier for my wife to be the DJ (which I like, because she's also a professional DJ, lol).

All in all, a non-issue for me.

Looks like the 7:35 ring time was the official time.

Maybe the 7:30 time was with the upcoming track pack.

I think the 7:35 time was for the full track, and the 7:30 time is for the portion that is normally timed.

Note: There is no other official time for a production EV. (The Taycan hasn't run an official timed lap.)

Last edited: