Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really the point. For the price of the car (any new car, really), I dont want vibrating wheels. At any speed. Not on a brand new car costing this much especially
I wasn't being critical. I agree with you. I was just really curious.

I'm an old guy so take that into consideration but I've been over 100mph in my LR only once, and that may be the only time!

Reactions: impastu
put some tires on them and then ceramic coat the wheels while you wait :)
oem 21" Michelin PS4 from the Arachnids + oem TPMS are going on the new wheels actually and then the wheels will be ceramic coated when the entire car gets Ceramic Pro ceramic coated + doing full front Xpel PPF -- hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights + window tinting...all at one time at a local detailing shop. :cool:

I suspect that those very things could be on the way with this update. Possibly 200 mph as well. Tesla certainly used almost if not all 200 mph on the back straight, so it would make sense for that to come with this update.
The car that set the record is still limited. The top speed reached on the car speedometer was 279/kperhour which is 173 miles an hour and the attached GPS speedometer reached 268/kperhour which is 166.

RN114420xxx

Ok, I'm not mad then! You ordered right before me. Still sitting here at 10/20 - 11/10. Surprised it hasnt moved at all, but I expect it to. lol

I'm so bi-polar at this point. Some days I wake up and I ****ING HATE TESLA AND ELON...and some days I get a stiffy thinking about driving my bright red Model S Peasant with the white interior. Today I have a stiffy...

So as of this morning I have had 2 week ranges ranging from Aug to Sept. Last was Sept 9 - 23 and now as of Sept 10 it just went all the way out to February. Car was originally reserved as Plaid+ on the battery day.. and still waiting who knows how long :(

Anyone else had similar date range went from 2 week ranges all the way out to next year ?
Yes happens all the time. It usually means you’re about to get your VIN.

Oh, that's right. There are other threads.

Thanks!
Argh, I was so focused on the PPF ceramic coating thread (glass half full) that I forgot about the thread(s) that are more immediately important now that my EOQ EDD is fast approaching: namely, identifying common issues people are having to add to my checklist (after finding and copying the checklist on the forum). I'm starting to feel some dread about QC with Elon's leaked email about driving all his employees to go hardcore to make the most deliveries ever in the last 22 days of September so they can get a decent Q3 delivery number BUT things would have to literally be falling off the car for me not to take delivery at this point.

Wonder what delivery centers in California will look like the last week of September.

Thanks everyone for putting all this info out there for the rest of us.

For those picking up in the next week or two. Just a heads up, check software version number.

Your car may be an August or September build, but the FW its running on is six month old and is missing many features. PU this week and car was running 2021.11.102. Current FW is 2021.32.10. I'm told by Tesla service that "that this is latest firmware for my vehicle.'

omarsultan speculates this may be due to using non standard ASIC to keep production going. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/5904591/

Last edited: