Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting in this thread, gotta join the party! This place is ACTIVE.

Like the rest of you, checking my account page every morning and night for delivery news. My gut says April for Plaid though. The only way I think we'll see March deliveries is if somebody here is in Fremont and is offered a delivery within a few days.
My first post here back in March. Naive me thinking April delivery back then. So much for that! But ABSOLUTELY worth the wait!! Thanks everyone for making this place such a fun thread to hangout and speculate!

My first post here back in March. Naive me thinking April delivery back then. So much for that! But ABSOLUTELY worth the wait!! Thanks everyone for making this place such a fun thread to hangout and speculate!
Congratulations are in order my friend! Glad you enjoy the Plaid! It's the best car made IMHO!😁😁🔋🔋🔋🔋🔋

I just got up to make some tee times and took a peak at the tread, geeze, you made me hit refresh AGAIN for my delivery with a positive message. Congratulations, I can't wait!!

I am 6’3” 220 lbs and was wondering if the new Model S will be a tight fit for me. Hoping the redesign is a bit more roomy vs 2018 model s I test drove a few years ago.
I’ve test sat a couple of refreshes awaiting delivery at my SC and the feel was very comfortable. One never really knows until spending a few thousand miles in the seat, but I was pleasantly surprised by the leg room and hip and elbow room compared a loaner S I’ve had in the past and somewhat comparable to my BMW 750.

I'd argue for 150% price of the Long Range, Plaid is not worth it from a value standpoint. Some people just like the latest and greatest, but I don't think it's worth the extra $40K honestly. If someone was seriously considering the two and didn't care about being able to say they have the fastest production car in the world (or just really want carbon fiber), Long Range is absolutely the way to go. Everyone has their own reason why they may want the Plaid.

You realize this logic also applies to you at the moment, the qualification of waiting for delivery doesn't change anything. You need to chill lol
I find it hilarious that people are still dying on this LR vs Plaid hill. At the end of the day it’s jealousy over the fact that another person is able to indulge by paying $40k for an upgrade that the LR owner can’t justify (not all LR owners, just the ones hell bent on justifying their choice).

While we’re on the topic of value, we’ve all already jumped the shark on that. Any car over $40k is more or less a bad ‘value’. Just because you choose to draw the line at $100k while others draw that line much higher doesn’t make you a smarter customer.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that people are still dying on this LR vs Plaid hill. At the end of the day it’s jealousy over the fact that another person is able to indulge by paying $50k for an upgrade that the LR owner can’t justify (not all LR owners, just the ones hell bent on justifying their lesser car).

While we’re on the topic of value, we’ve all already jumped the shark on that. Any car over $40k is a huge waste of money. Just because you choose to draw the line at $100k while others draw that line much higher doesn’t make you a smarter customer.
Agreed, nobody needs to justify why they spent the extra $40K or not.

I find it hilarious that people are still dying on this LR vs Plaid hill. At the end of the day it’s jealousy over the fact that another person is able to indulge by paying $40k for an upgrade that the LR owner can’t justify (not all LR owners, just the ones hell bent on justifying their choice).

While we’re on the topic of value, we’ve all already jumped the shark on that. Any car over $40k is more or less a bad ‘value’. Just because you choose to draw the line at $100k while others draw that line much higher doesn’t make you a smarter customer.
A friend of mine spent I think about $80k on a used Porsche recently. That is his weekend car. I spent $125k on the plaid (not counting FSD) and it’s my daily driver and weekend car. 1 car, less insurance, less space in my garage, etc.

I’m so happy with it. I can never justify this purchase but quite frankly, I couldn’t give two poops to.

A friend of mine spent I think about $80k on a used Porsche recently. That is his weekend car. I spent $125k on the plaid (not counting FSD) and it’s my daily driver and weekend car. 1 car, less insurance, less space in my garage, etc.

I’m so happy with it. I can never justify this purchase but quite frankly, I couldn’t give two poops to.
Have you taken your friend for a test drive yet in the Tesla?

I’ve test sat a couple of refreshes awaiting delivery at my SC and the feel was very comfortable. One never really knows until spending a few thousand miles in the seat, but I was pleasantly surprised by the leg room and hip and elbow room compared a loaner S I’ve had in the past and somewhat comparable to my BMW 750.
My wife has a 2013 S. I’ve had to drive it a lot the last week and I just can’t get comfortable. Mostly I cannot stretch my legs. The P90D I had was fine but after a couple of hours I am reminded that I’m old and my legs are older. That does not seem to be a problem for the latest one.

As an owner of a LR, I appreciate this! Class act coming from a Plaid owner. Enjoy your new ride… looks so sick. Way to not buy the gay wheels
Off topic…So, prior to delivery, I was set on changing my wheels, either to powder coat OEM wheels (which someone likened to putting lipstick on a pig) or to some aftermarket option. Now that I have the car, I actually really like the aero covers with my blackout look. And I’m thinking it will take away from the blackout look if I have bright shiny rotors staring back at me. Lol. No one I’ve encountered (yet) has made fun of the aero caps. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• AB74C65C-5E3D-4E18-B01C-C11F6F4E0EB8.jpeg
    AB74C65C-5E3D-4E18-B01C-C11F6F4E0EB8.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 89
I have a RN1151 east coast delivery, spec is Model S LR Blue with white interior and 19inch. Ordered early july and had a EDD of Sep-Oct. That got pushed back to Feb 2022 and then back to December 2021.. About 2 weeks ago EDD went blank and just got updated to Feb 2022 last night... I've read that some people get vin numbers assigned when this EDD process happens. Do you think I am getting a vin soon?

Off topic…So, prior to delivery, I was set on changing my wheels, either to powder coat OEM wheels (which someone likened to putting lipstick on a pig) or to some aftermarket option. Now that I have the car, I actually really like the aero covers with my blackout look. And I’m thinking it will take away from the blackout look if I have bright shiny rotors staring back at me. Lol. No one I’ve encountered (yet) has made fun of the aero caps. Any thoughts?
I believe it’s called denial…

Here you go! Blackout rotors!

Attachments

• 560BF6DF-ADC1-4FE3-9D1E-743DFD11633F.jpeg
    560BF6DF-ADC1-4FE3-9D1E-743DFD11633F.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 55