Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered with all the pieces. My DA spent at least 30 minutes with me. When I schedule service I get an appointment within a few days unless there’s a parts delay. Service communicates quickly and effectively with me. I get a loaner when I need one.

Why is my experience different than what’s others report here again and again?
Waited 1.5 months for my appointment coming up on Monday. Went to check to see if there are any other dates available to reschedule. Next available date is November 9th 😅

I have to say that the "Safety Score" beta, emphasizing beta, leaves much to be desired. I just took a drive of 47 miles, most of it on the interstate. There was NO time that I tailgated or followed too closely. There was NO time that I braked too hard. There was NO time that I had aggressive turning as well. I expected to get 100% on my safety score! Seriously! I was flabbergasted with what I actually got!View attachment 714214

Safety Score is on your Tesla app. In order to utilize it and for it to appear you must have firmware revision 2021.32.22 or newer. Your Tesla must also be connected to wifi in order for it to work. So after you drive, make sure you connect to wifi.
Went on a longer drive with lots of highway; to visit my mother in the hospital. Only touched the brakes once when going down a steep hill, near my house, regen was not strong enough to handle, so I was slapped with a braking penalty! This beta driving tracker app needs a dose of realism….

@WilliamG

18EA05D0-8702-4E5B-8A2D-8A51A7B121CE.png

Was the personal check for the full amount? I can see that, especially if outside of banking hours and they cannot do an immediate deposit to confirm. But I have used a personal check with a financing check covering the bulk of the purchase price. For the recent plaid I had a credit union check for $100k and wrote a personal check for the difference and they didn’t blink at all — that was totally fine. And that was the same for prior multiple Tesla purchases.

It’s insane that stupid SAs are saying nonsense like this.
Not full this time but I did pay in full for other Teslas. It’s lack of consistency that drives me crazy.

Do you. I am thinking hard about removing the lettering and adding the symbol but generally that looks good.
One could always go something like

(comes in matte black)

Last edited:

(comes in matte black)
The matte black badge is nicer than the original oem Plaid Day badge...goes better with all the blacked out trim & no chrome.

Costa Mesa, Lake Forest, and Santa Ana. 2 cars over 3 years. Even with many aftermarket accessories including coil overs on my 3, no problems. All good experiences.
Thanks, that gives me a little peace of mind in case I end up with some QC issues that need to be addressed since I am in Orange County too. With the new Service Center in Irvine, it looks like Orange County has an abundance of Tesla support. Now I just need the damn car.

Good luck everyone.

I have to say that the "Safety Score" beta, emphasizing beta, leaves much to be desired. I just took a drive of 47 miles, most of it on the interstate. There was NO time that I tailgated or followed too closely. There was NO time that I braked too hard. There was NO time that I had aggressive turning as well. I expected to get 100% on my safety score! Seriously! I was flabbergasted with what I actually got!View attachment 714214

Safety Score is on your Tesla app. In order to utilize it and for it to appear you must have firmware revision 2021.32.22 or newer. Your Tesla must also be connected to wifi in order for it to work. So after you drive, make sure you connect to wifi.

Here is their definition:
1632606745564.png

So maybe you just don't brake enough? (i.e you don't have enough braking >0.1g and less than 0.3g to offset any "hard" stopping you had to do.) I wonder if regen counts in this, or if it only counts when you use the brake pedal?

Just after enabling FSD beta request, I drove an extremely careful 10 miles, mostly highway with a mile or two of city streets.

My definition of unsafe following must be very different than Tesla’s but good otherwise (for now):

View attachment 714230

1632606854698.png

This may be a case where you normally are "too safe" and follow at more than 3 seconds, such that you don't have any following time in the 1.0-3.0 second category to offset the little amount of time where you followed at less than 1 second.

View attachment 714326

So maybe you just don't brake enough? (i.e you don't have enough braking >0.1g and less than 0.3g to offset any "hard" stopping you had to do.) I wonder if regen counts in this, or if it only counts when you use the brake pedal?

View attachment 714329

This may be a case where you normally are "too safe" and follow at more than 3 seconds, such that you don't have any following time in the 1.0-3.0 second category to offset the little amount of time where you followed at less than 1 second.

Or maybe you said something here to upset the Mother Ship. Only Dojo knows...

Sadly I had to cancel my order…

why? .. no one asked

Because seeing all the reds has made me realize I’m going to regret not getting a red one!

Wife gave me the ok to cancel and order a red one! So a red one it is!

I am halfway there, having cancelled April 1st. Having a little problem getting approval for the second part.

Wishing for '22 plaid red/cream/wood 19" no FSD

My new MS LR just arrived today. Ordered it in early February just a few days after the ordering opened. I received a text this morning that I could pick it up at the Vallejo CA center on Monday (I live in the SF East Bay), but then they called an hour later and said it would be delivered to my home today. They will leave the car in the driveway and send an email that it has arrived (no contact delivery). I then logged into the Tesla website, acknowledged delivery and my Tesla phone app activates a button to unlock the car.

Mine is midnight silver with beige interior, 19 inch wheels and FSD. So I will be able to active the FSD button and if I drive well the next week should have FSD beta in the car next week.

This replaces my early 2013 MS (vin under 5000) that we ordered in June 2012 and received in Feb 2013. So the new MS will take just about a month less to arrive than our first MS.

Our first is an 85 which cost $90K (including sale tax and and everything else) $14K less than the new MS. However that included $10K of tax credits ($7500 from US, $2500 from CA). The new one has $1500 discount from CA energy rebate. So the new one is about $5K more without tax credits, but also includes $10K for FSD and a zillion improvements since 2013, including an EPA range increase from around 250 to 405. According to the Consumer Price Index, $90K in 2013 (the net price of our first MS) is equal to $105K in 2021, $1K more than the net price of our new MS.)

Iz waiting. SoCal. Battery day order. Changed to Plaid late. I have the much delayed white+cf interior.

Right now EDD is today until end of month. No VIN. Banking it will change back to end of October to beginning of November again tomorrow.

I think I sold both our S and X today.
I lose. They pushed it out to 9/27-30. :)

(comes in matte black)
Metal, chromed and paint.
69CF4373-98D2-4625-90EA-C30DD3AC158B.jpeg

I think the model year thing is pretty much a non-issue, as SW keeps these cars up to date no problem. Model year makes zero difference with Tesla. Tesla makes HW changes often, but that can come in the middle, end, or somewhere in between in the year. They literally make changes like bi weekly. So there's no way for anybody to pinpoint the time of the changes. The most they can do is have an idea, like with the Raven update. You should be just fine. :)

Still no VIN?

If it was me, I'd be hoping the build starts after Oct 1st...
Agreed. With Tesla, the model year only matters when you're selling it. After waiting this long, I'm hoping my car will be a '22 model year. My EDD puts me right on the bubble. No VIN yet.

For those of you still waiting:

My plaid is a 444, long range 439.

I inspected my plaid today and I can tell you the fit and finish is better than the long range. There are no paint defects, and the panels are all nicely aligned. I would say there is an improvement in 5000 built cars, but I know it is not ubiquitous because I have seen some others that look like *sugar*.

I am optimistic for those of you waiting, that the longer you wait, the better the quality gets. Now if Tesla can get as good as Volkswagen with panel gaps and paint. Yes Volkswagen.