Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL. But than if I remember during the announcement of Model Y Elon had all adults in there.

I am sure it was over the weight limit.

Now I wonder if this is because of wheel size can anyone check with 21inch wheels on plaid what does there sticker say ?

Also same for model X I have the 22 inch wheels

Maybe someone with 20 inch wheel on model x can see if there limit is any better ?

Here are the stickers from my Plaid with 21s.

IMG_5932D.jpeg

IMG_5929D.jpeg

Last edited:
Only a guess. Get more friction from the tires for the quick starts?
I think it’s a sidewall rigidity thing.

The old S tire width (245s all around) wasn’t as load bearing capable (96 on the 21, 98 on the 19) as the new wider S wheels.

So Tesla inflated them at 45psi to get that up. No such problem with the new ones! That’s good! During the summer, my 45psi in the garage would quickly become 50psi outside

Lucid CEO Says Tesla Isn't Their Main Competitor — Mercedes-Benz Is

At least we know we can expect Lucid to be a dishonest company from the word go.
I know you to be a person of integrity that usually does not sugar coat a statement or question unless it is rhetorical or facetious. I find it ludicrous, if not plaid, that the Lucid Air is prominently displayed quite often in the last season of the tv series Goliath even though you cannot purchase one? I wonder how much grease was applied to producer's palms to make that happen?

Had a delivery window of 10/20-11/09 for the past six weeks up until TODAY and it ****ing changes to 11/01-11/28.

Pushed back and the date range is even wider??

RN1150 Plaid Black/white/CF/19”.

This just ruined my day.
Same good morning greeting this morning. We share the same EDD. Black paint run? Frustrating but not unexpected.

Woo VIN received! RN1147 LR Blue/White 19's. MF VIN. Estimated Delivery: October 24 - November 06

Question, will the SA call me to schedule delivery? And when do I need to send my payment, can I wait until I see the car and do it over my phone because it says

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"

Also when I clicked submit payment just to see how it works, it looks like it is trying to charge for the entire car, not finance. Maybe I should just call them.

Edit: I called and had all my questions answered.

Last edited:
I know you to be a person of integrity that usually does not sugar coat a statement or question unless it is rhetorical or facetious. I find it ludicrous, if not plaid, that the Lucid Air is prominently displayed quite often in the last season of the tv series Goliath even though you cannot purchase one? I wonder how much grease was applied to producer's palms to make that happen?
Bezos sticking it to EM where he can...

Woo VIN received! RN1147 LR Blue/White 19's. MF VIN. Estimated Delivery: October 24 - November 06

Question, will the SA call me to schedule delivery? And when do I need to send my payment, can I wait until I see the car and do it over my phone because it says

"Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery"

Also when I clicked submit payment just to see how it works, it looks like it is trying to charge for the entire car, not finance. Maybe I should just call them.

Edit: I called and had all my questions answered.
I believe you on the VIN. even the EDD. but I DON'T believe the SA answered all your questions. (just kidding, hard to read tone over the internet)
BTW, same specs as me, but I ordered FSD. And I don't have a VIN. I do have a decent SA I try not to bother.

What's even more interesting, about the Lucid being in the latest season of Goliath, is the fact that a previous season of that show prominently displayed a Model S. You cannot say Tesla is not your direct competition with those kinds of product placement decisions.