Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally my Plaid was delivered! I am overall happy with the experience, but with a few glitches:
(1) I live about 15 miles from the Fremont plant, and they scheduled in-home delivery, which I appreciate. What I didn't expect is someone driving the car to me. My first Tesla was also delivered but with a delivery truck.
(2) Their delivery estimate was 2am-4am (LOL!). I waited the whole day and they ended up delivering around 10am the next day.
(3) I got the Pirelli P Zero summer tires. I guess I did not explicitly request all-season, and maybe in Northern California it is OK
(4) I found a few minor trim misalignments. The largest one I requested a Tesla Service appointment to fix. Tesla got back to me questioning the need to fix this (but the appointment is still on). I am attaching photos, what do people think, is it worth fixing? This is a top-down view of the gap between the trunk and back light. On one side they are perfectly aligned but on the other they are not.

Aside from these issues, I LOVE the car. Also I LOVE the yoke and I prefer it over the standard driving wheel. It feels very natural. I don't particularly like the touch buttons for the blinkers but I am guessing after a week I will be very used to them.

View attachment 723336View attachment 723338
Congratulations! Quick question on the Tires/Wheels did you order the 19 or 21?

Is the video low res? The audio not matching up with the video is a youtube issue. This happens to me on my PC, and sometimes on my smart TV, even though other streaming services are synced up. Even when things like Netflix is streaming low res, due to poor bandwidth, the audio is still synced.

Maybe a software issue with Youtube. See if any other streaming services give you the same issue.
Nah it’s on 2160p. I was watching it at my house using wifi and it was high res.
I tried it on Netflix and Hulu and it still lags behind using wifi connection on my phone.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes............litigation is a nightmare unless you are a lawyer, and it probably sucks then also. Don't know about RI, but here in Indiana, it'll probably cost you in excess of $12K to get a lawyer (a good one anyway) to represent you in civil court as you can't represent yourself as you could in small claims. When lawyers are involved in any way, it's usually BOHICA time. And if that's the case, you may as well get your colonoscopy at the same time if you're due?
As my friend , a very good litagator, often reminds me "Suffer all indinities before suing or being sued."

As we wait, I have a question about home wall connector. I have the second generation Tesla wall connector on a 100 amp circuit for my current 72A dual charger Model S. I believe the newer Model S trims max at 48A. I'm thinking I could just change the breaker to a 60A and I'll be fine for the new car charging. Thought process brought on by the fact that when I changed my HVAC system at home to a newer more efficient one, the warranty could get voided if I had kept the higher amperage breaker on the circuit for the outside AC unit. Thoughts?
Yes you are correct. Only need to switch out the breaker.

Finally my Plaid was delivered! I am overall happy with the experience, but with a few glitches:
(1) I live about 15 miles from the Fremont plant, and they scheduled in-home delivery, which I appreciate. What I didn't expect is someone driving the car to me. My first Tesla was also delivered but with a delivery truck.
(2) Their delivery estimate was 2am-4am (LOL!). I waited the whole day and they ended up delivering around 10am the next day.
(3) I got the Pirelli P Zero summer tires. I guess I did not explicitly request all-season, and maybe in Northern California it is OK
(4) I found a few minor trim misalignments. The largest one I requested a Tesla Service appointment to fix. Tesla got back to me questioning the need to fix this (but the appointment is still on). I am attaching photos, what do people think, is it worth fixing? This is a top-down view of the gap between the trunk and back light. On one side they are perfectly aligned but on the other they are not.

Aside from these issues, I LOVE the car. Also I LOVE the yoke and I prefer it over the standard driving wheel. It feels very natural. I don't particularly like the touch buttons for the blinkers but I am guessing after a week I will be very used to them.

Whats your thought on horn activation?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I am not sure if I would fix that.

I’ve noticed The fsd (I’m not in beta)/autopilot is pretty bad on my plaid compared to a year ago on my m3p. It must be vision only or something because on the same roads and highways, it’s not nearly as smooth. Take over warnings, super hard last min braking, random braking, etc. it’s really a glitchy mess and sketchy af lol. Hopefully it gets way better. Anyone else experience this?

I’ve noticed The fsd (I’m not in beta)/autopilot is pretty bad on my plaid compared to a year ago on my m3p. It must be vision only or something because on the same roads and highways, it’s not nearly as smooth. Take over warnings, super hard last min braking, random braking, etc. it’s really a glitchy mess and sketchy af lol. Hopefully it gets way better. Anyone else experience this?
I have not experienced this, personally. AP is still very solid, as it has been for the past year or so on highways (I rarely activate it on back roads, as I'm not part of the FSD beta... yet).

The new Ses being produced to use the radar UNLESS you're part of the FSD beta, which then is vision-only.

I have not experienced this, personally. AP is still very solid, as it has been for the past year or so on highways (I rarely activate it on back roads, as I'm not part of the FSD beta... yet).

The new Ses being produced to use the radar UNLESS you're part of the FSD beta, which then is vision-only.
Hmm…. Maybe it’s my settings (collision warnings or something?) but I used AP a lot on my 3 and I can’t relax nearly as much with the plaid AP. Could be the specific roads or something but lots of glitches on the plaid compared to the 3 so far.

For those of you following my accident situation, I finally met with an appraiser today. No surprises. He said it's law that a bumper with side sensors has to be replaced in a collision. Repainting it isn't even legal. He wrote up a replacement for both bumper assemblies and the trunk lid repair. I'm convinced the lid got tweaked sideways. The bottom panel gap is no longer even, and when the lid auto closes, the right side jumps up right before settling and locking. I'll be pursuing that as much as possible. I also asked about ceramic coating replacement, but I don't know if that will be covered.

He also told me I am most likely not going to get any depreciation claim, because this will be considered a minor repair, which usually does not depreciate the vehicle. I'll have to investigate this more before I am satisfied.

I also found out I cannot take him to small claims court to recover the deductible, if necessary, or any other expenses. I have to file in civil court, which has a $406 processing fee, plus I have to pay someone to serve him. This is something else I am keeping on my radar, in case anything is not covered. I have three years to file in civil court, and two years to complete the car repairs.

This thing is going to turn into a long term nightmare if I'm not made whole by my insurance company. People suck.

If you go to court to get the panel gap fixed - he will just hire a Tesla rep to say that the panel gap is still in spec.

For fans of FSD, you might be interested in the article I just posted in this thread..

Whats your thought on horn activation?
The horn set up is the sh-ts. I was cut off yesterday by a freaked up Audi SUV driver and when I punched the center of the yoke it didn’t honk of course. Then tried the upper right part and it still didn’t honk. Looking down and finding the honk button would have been untimely and dangerous. So yes, the horn especially and the turn signals are not cool. Give me a yoke with real center horn and turn signal arms and I’m cool. But of course one touch on the accelerator and all is groovy.

The horn set up is the sh-ts. I was cut off yesterday by a freaked up Audi SUV driver and when I punched the center of the yoke it didn’t honk of course. Then tried the upper right part and it still didn’t honk. Looking down and finding the honk button would have been untimely and dangerous. So yes, the horn especially and the turn signals are not cool. Give me a yoke with real center horn and turn signal arms and I’m cool. But of course one touch on the accelerator and all is groovy.
The horn is absolute S$%^. I've been cut off three times. Twice I had to react to avoid a collision, and I have YET to find the horn until it was all over.

Why is the windshield washer placed for easy access. Put that crap in a submenu with a voice command. I've never needed emergency windshield washer. And how did that get priority over a windshield WIPER button...

The horn is absolute S$%^. I've been cut off three times. Twice I had to react to avoid a collision, and I have YET to find the horn until it was all over.

Why is the windshield washer placed for easy access. Put that crap in a submenu with a voice command. I've never needed emergency windshield washer. And how did that get priority over a windshield WIPER button...
Agree, Seriously wish they wound use that center which is probably airbag behind it as a horn as well.

Lets see maybe someone in future maybe able to make a third party modification for this. I think there is someone who recently had stalks or something not sure if it was fake but they had stalks added with the yoke.

I personally do like the turn signal on the steering :) Just wish the horn was in the center of the steering.

Update - Found the video .. LOL maybe he can figure out the horn as well..

Stalks-on-yoke-scaled.jpg

Yoke-with-stalks-678x381.jpg

Source - GitHub - rawdigits/plaidplusplus

Car [MS Plaid] is now 40 days old. I noticed this within the first week but I thought it was residue from a sticker or something so i put off cleaning the glass. Today was the first attempt to clean it off and it's actually a scratch!

Anyone seen something like this before on the roof? What can be done about it?

View attachment 723471
I had a massive crack on mine. At least 12" long. It was on the inside of my glass roof, and I didn't notice it until 2 days later. I thought it was a reflection. I made a service appointment, and they tried to charge me $1,200 for it. I said "no way", made it clear that I pointed it out immediately, and they didn't charge me. You are 40 days out. Ugh. I don't know if you have any luck, but you must try.