Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed The fsd (I’m not in beta)/autopilot is pretty bad on my plaid compared to a year ago on my m3p. It must be vision only or something because on the same roads and highways, it’s not nearly as smooth. Take over warnings, super hard last min braking, random braking, etc. it’s really a glitchy mess and sketchy af lol. Hopefully it gets way better. Anyone else experience this?
Unsure if I’m crazy but in the beginning I experienced the same things you just described. Now with 2000 miles on, unsure if the car learns or just the recent updates but it is sooo much smoother. It brakes smooth, much sooner than before. I have to say I’m VERY pleased with it thus far especially in the last 1000 miles or so. Here on Long Island we have HOV lanes. One instance where some idiot tried to cross the lanes at an undesignated spot and the Tesla noticed it, slowed down and moved over to the left. Very shocked it did that.

Hopefully it gets better and better

Unsure if I’m crazy but in the beginning I experienced the same things you just described. Now with 2000 miles on, unsure if the car learns or just the recent updates but it is sooo much smoother. It brakes smooth, much sooner than before. I have to say I’m VERY pleased with it thus far especially in the last 1000 miles or so. Here on Long Island we have HOV lanes. One instance where some idiot tried to cross the lanes at an undesignated spot and the Tesla noticed it, slowed down and moved over to the left. Very shocked it did that.

Hopefully it gets better and better
That’s good to know. I’m at 600 miles so far. It tried to run a red light tonight lol. I had to intervene. Crazy.

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

5YJSA1E59MF45

OMG I'm gonna 😭😭😭😭

The club will be closing in a couple of weeks, boys. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
Oh Leo, I'm happy for you and for me as well!! I got my VIN this morning as well and was bracing to become a member of your club, thankfully no scorn from you! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
This pisses me off to no end….

View attachment 722882
Surely somebody at Tesla has noted the chaos and frustration this can cause….I don’t need the car now. I need a date I can plan around.

1634734780562.png

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

IT'S VIN DAY!!!

5YJSA1E59MF45

OMG I'm gonna 😭😭😭😭

The club will be closing in a couple of weeks, boys. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
Leodoc finally got a VIN. That's it folks. The Model S Delivery Update show is over. Please turn the lights off on your way out.

Ok, so both my cars have passed inspection but in Canada they won’t deliver short anything. They are waiting for the usual, trunk panels, mats, and keys. If it all does not come by Saturday they will push my date… crossing my fingers breached PPF is booked for Monday. Charger comes Tuesday and winter tires come in 11/01.

Anyone else order winter tires to fit the stock 21’s? What did you get?