Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a highly automated home. Lutron lighting, level door locks, chamberlain garage, etc. it is great once it’s configured.

I guess it’s possible that a thief could target a lonely phone and then walk the parking lot waiting for a door handle to present…. but I place that low on probability. Does this happen in Rhode Island a lot?

You just had to say volleyball…. Now we potentially have some common ground. Not seeing Rhode Island as a hub for that either though, 😂. I played collegiate club in the 90’s, my daughter’s beginning club play locally.
Sadly, my younger daughter's volleyball career is over after tearing the same ACL three times on the court while still in HS.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is the only other tire rack all season avail at this time.

MichAllSeasons
For what it’s worth, I have the Continental ProContact RXs on both the Plaid (compliments of Tesla) and on my MYP. While I can’t speak to snow performance, I can say they work well in cold rainy Seattle weather. Even ran a fast 0-60 in cold damp weather - almost the same as with the summer tires in summer!

738ADF81-00D3-4A6A-9FBC-6DCE481EE9C7.png

@yerEVan

my first car when I was a broke teen had no alarm. I was a GS3 Step 1 in the (expensive) DC metro area. Living on my own right after high school. Couldnt afford an alarm. Did a low budget version of your keypad kill system. I Went to the Brandywine junkyard and grabbed (for free) a rear defroster switch. Since my car (old VW Rabbit) was no frills, it had LOTS of spare spots on the dash where option switches would go. Wired the additional defroster switch to the ignition coil. Unless the defroster switch was pushed in the "on" direction, car would not start. $99 cents for the wire, free switch, and instant effective anti-theft system.
Desperate times, desperate measures.
Awesome! I had a client who used to rig vaults in the glove boxes, and I think for bad stuff. Up you needed like the headlights, left turn blinker, and some other stuff to open it.
meanwhile, back on ocean parkway, they broke into my car…and stole my crappy alarm from radio shack! If they could steal the alarm they could have it. But they also broke my window, took my favorite umbrella, and my lung puncher. Dirty rats! Got the keypad, etc. and decent alarm in Long Island or queens after that…wanted the ungo box like my buddy had, guy talked me out of it Into a Clifford alarm, which was meh.

Heard a rumor that once your delivery date pushes out and tightens after having not changed in a while it may be indicative of good things to come. Any truth in that?

This morning I awoke to find that on the second day of the 10/25-11/14 window which I had held since 10/2, my estimated delivery date had been pushed out to 11/9-12/7. In all honesty, I'm really just grasping for hope that this is a good sign and not just more of the same from the last three or so months.

Either way, I suppose there's nothing I can do about it so it's back to looking at pictures of other people's cars (you down with OPC? yeah you know me!).

Heard a rumor that once your delivery date pushes out and tightens after having not changed in a while it may be indicative of good things to come. Any truth in that?

This morning I awoke to find that on the second day of the 10/25-11/14 window which I had held since 10/2, my estimated delivery date had been pushed out to 11/9-12/7. In all honesty, I'm really just grasping for hope that this is a good sign and not just more of the same from the last three or so months.

Either way, I suppose there's nothing I can do about it so it's back to looking at pictures of other people's cars (you down with OPC? yeah you know me!).
Tightening is a good sign, and actually having a jump forward a month is not a bad sign. Often dates revert back to now just after they look 2+ months out suddenly.

Phone key is one of the bigger features I am looking forward to. Going minimalist and only carry a few credit cards via a MagSafe wallet. I will put a keycard in there as a backup, but looking forward to not carrying a fob or anything.
Phone key has not been great for me. I reverted back to the fob, and one of those doesn’t even work.

My phone key usually will not unlock the car unless I get the damn phone out of my pocket. Maybe because it’s upside down in my pocket? I don’t know, but I gave up.

Same config. Same state. Monday my EDD spread closed from 11/1-11/28 to 11/08-11/20. Mostly in line with your dates although yours extends 2+ weeks further. Would assume we would be in the same production run and train east. Although I see you ordered two months prior.

Same config. Same state. Monday my EDD spread closed from 11/1-11/28 to 11/08-11/20. Mostly in line with your dates although yours extends 2+ weeks further. Would assume we would be in the same production run and train east. Although I see you ordered two months prior.
We’re in the same boat then. Mine hasn’t tightened down but has sat at 11/10-11/30 for two weeks.

For what it’s worth, I have the Continental ProContact RXs on both the Plaid (compliments of Tesla) and on my MYP. While I can’t speak to snow performance, I can say they work well in cold rainy Seattle weather. Even ran a fast 0-60 in cold damp weather - almost the same as with the summer tires in summer!

View attachment 726151
@yerEVan
I love it.
Acceleration performance reviews on cold weather tires!!!!!

Phone key has not been great for me. I reverted back to the fob, and one of those doesn’t even work.

My phone key usually will not unlock the car unless I get the damn phone out of my pocket. Maybe because it’s upside down in my pocket? I don’t know, but I gave up.
That really sucks tho. I have had my SLR since 9/4 and now 5,623 commute / weekend / weeknight family car. Haven't used anything other than my phone as a key even once. Works flawlessly and seemleslly.

Last edited: