Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Mike, Im still in the production queue as of tonight. Status is expected to change tomorrow. I will be a SD delivery as well. A guy by the name of Mike Cornwell is my DS.

S85 Ordered | Grey Metallic | 21" Grey | Panoramic Roof | Black Leather Seats | Textile Headliner | Matte Opeche | Dual Chargers | HPWC | Tech Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ordered Oct 23 | VIN: 63976 | Still in production queue | DS states Dec 15 production | Late Dec Delivery | San Diego delivery

Exciting!!Mike Cornwell answered my every question within a 24 hour period. Once vehicles enter production mode the average wait time for completion is 3-4 day. I hope they will let you know soon.
Ive watched video after video and am ready to own the car full-time.
Hey Mike, Im still in the production queue as of tonight. Status is expected to change tomorrow. I will be a SD delivery as well. A guy by the name of Mike Cornwell is my DS.

S85 Ordered | Grey Metallic | 21" Grey | Panoramic Roof | Black Leather Seats | Textile Headliner | Matte Opeche | Dual Chargers | HPWC | Tech Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ordered Oct 23 | VIN: 63976 | Still in production queue | DS states Dec 15 production | Late Dec Delivery | San Diego delivery

Yea Mike seems like a great guy. He took alot of time explaining the process and how they work their assembly line. I was complaining to him about my delivery date (or lack there of) and how people who ordered their cars after me were already recieving them. Needless to say, he cleared it all up. Conragulations on your new machine. I bet you cannot wait until Wednesday. I still dont have a delivery date but I'm hoping I have one under the Christmas tree by the 24th.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Sgt Barone!

Yea Mike seems like a great guy. He took alot of time explaining the process and how they work their assembly line. I was complaining to him about my delivery date (or lack there of) and how people who ordered their cars after me were already recieving them. Needless to say, he cleared it all up. Conragulations on your new machine. I bet you cannot wait until Wednesday. I still dont have a delivery date but I'm hoping I have one under the Christmas tree by the 24th.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey there. It looks like we have the same DS, the same city, and very similar car with Gray S85. I stuck with the 19's though. I also am not yet in production but expect it very soon 64xxx. Hopefully they load us on the same truck. Agree that the 23 or 24th would be sweet. I also concur that Mike has been awesome with rapid response to email questions.

Surfdoc, has Mike or anyone else given you an expected production or delivery date? Lets hope for that early Christmas present.

He just said he "expected" production to begin around the 15th and delivery to be a few days before or a few days after Christmas. He makes it clear that everything is estimated. I haven't really pushed for firm dates since I know that won't happen anyway.

How is the production of your vehicle going? i wonder how the 21" wheels will feel when turning. I am 23 hours away from taking delivery. I'm excited!! People are excited!!! Early Christmas present for me. I hope I have a chance to meet up with both San Diego and LA Tesla owners.

Heard from my DS. Confirms P85D December deliveries will have old model seats. Change out planned for January, when new seats available. Tesla did not want to hold up deliveries to install seats. I expect this has a lot to do with meeting year-end product goal.

All safety function hardware installed. Only radar and lane following software activated. Remainder will be activated over the air when cleared testing. Car should have shipped yesterday (Monday). Transportation time based on one or two drivers in the truck. Two drivers can get to Florida in approximately 4 days with no weather or other limitations. One driver requires 7-10 days to make the transit.

As George Carlin may have uttered, "There's no better place to be than next."

Moving right along; in production 16Dec Tuesday, with confirmatory email received 0500 that morning, and dashboard changed to reflect. DS call followed midday; factory pickup planned for 24Dec Wednesday, with a followup expected 19Dec Friday.

Car could be ready 22Dec Monday, or I might just pick it up 26Dec in deference to domestic harmony. Either way, my last tank of gas will be purchased this week.

If anyone knows anyone who wants a very clean 2007 Volvo C70 hardtop convertible with 70K miles (grey/grey leather/T5 touring package/rims), just let me know :D.

S85 | Grey Paint | Pano | Grey Leather | Matte Wood | Tech | Ordered 12Nov | VIN 65xxx | In production 16Dec | Factory pickup the week of 22Dec |
Next: OptiCoat Pro, Photosync, HD front/rear dashcams, Beltronics radar/laser, Fastrak, those miserable white stickers *twitch*, and a surprise.

Moving right along; in production 16Dec Tuesday, with confirmatory email received 0500 that morning, and dashboard changed to reflect. DS call followed midday; factory pickup planned for 24Dec Wednesday, with a followup expected 19Dec Friday.

Car could be ready 22Dec Monday, or I might just pick it up 26Dec in deference to domestic harmony. Either way, my last tank of gas will be purchased this week.

If anyone knows anyone who wants a very clean 2007 Volvo C70 hardtop convertible with 70K miles (grey/grey leather/T5 touring package/rims), just let me know :D.

S85 | Grey Paint | Pano | Grey Leather | Matte Wood | Tech | Ordered 12Nov | VIN 65xxx | In production 16Dec | Factory pickup the week of 22Dec |
Next: OptiCoat Pro, Photosync, HD front/rear dashcams, Beltronics radar/laser, Fastrak, those miserable white stickers *twitch*, and a surprise.

WTF I ordered 2 weeks earlier with same car, same color, win VIN 100 lower. Still in queue. Congrats, just insanely envious.

Good Evening Everyone,

i picked kens up my Model S 85kwh today. The Delivery and Sales team in San Diego were AWESOME. Exceeded my expectation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,159
I should have read this earlier.

Remember Tesla Rule #1: If you complain about deliveries, your go to the back of the line...
Having a very frustrating delivery experience. Was supposed to pick up in Vegas Dec.18 or so, had to hurry and get all the money, etc in. But no car! Now to be delivered sometime in the next week, good luck since it is Christmas. Hope others don't have the same problems.