Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does have. It is activated. It is subdued.

What everyone is worked about is strips along the trim. Some renders seemed to indicate their presence.

Personally, I think some of these aftermarket light add ons for the 3 and Y are tacky.
Ok - thanks. That would be nice if there were strips along the trim. If I understood correctly, Tesla Ambient lights are just one color too - right?

Cross posting - finally got a VIN (MF454 - new build right?) - delivery almost 6 months to the exact day from order. Anyone who’s been waiting since January, you’re a saint.

My window didn’t follow any patterns others reported - I went from Nov 3-Dec 1 to Nov 17-27 to Nov 24-28. Updates on Wednesday mornings, and 0 outreach from Tesla as of yet. That one seemed par for the course!

Changing sides from "I hate this company for it's antics" to "I love this f'ing car"
I am hopeful you make the transition.

Oh, if that's what you're holding out hope for...

I've already owned a Tesla. :)

Most of the people on here making that switch have never had an EV or a Tesla before, and I've had multiple. Doesn't mean the car won't make me happy, but I can assure you the bitterness of this process and knowing that their CS people are completely clueless/they still throw cars together after 10 years of making them will remain. I foresee this likely being my 3rd to last Tesla. I really want a Roadster... (yes, I said "3rd" to last.... also, I said "likely"...)....

Last edited:
Woah ok dude sorry. Thought you wanted options. Damn why the downvote?! Well there is the upcoming EQE, and the very cool BMW i4! Great performance outta that one!

My dear friend, no worries! I got a down vote on the lr tracking thread for answering a direct question about an SA. Apparently somebody didn’t like the fact I had no desire to talk to one.

Strange days.

Oh, if that's what you're holding out hope for...

I've already owned a Tesla. :)

Most of the people on here making that switch have never had an EV or a Tesla before, and I've had multiple. Doesn't mean the car won't make me happy, but I can assure you the bitterness of this process and knowing that their CS people are completely clueless/they still throw cars together after 10 years of making them will remain. I foresee this likely being my 3rd to last Tesla. I really want a Roadster... (yes, I said "3rd" to last.... also, I said "likely"...)....
On number 8 and the Tesla management team has been 100% consistent (not a good thing). I feel your pain.
I'll remain hopeful that the new car at least removes some of the sting.

My dear friend, no worries! I got a down vote on the lr tracking thread for answering a direct question about an SA. Apparently somebody didn’t like the fact I had no desire to talk to one.

Strange days.

The difference is, my downvote was a joke (that I removed right after) that @2021plaid totally deserved for making me see that UGLY MB!!!!

Why someone downvoted you? Its probably because you can go to DIsney World any time you want and they are jealous.

BTW - my stupid delivery date window has not moved and Tesla told me the car is still sitting in Fremont (it was born on 10/29...why is it sitting there for 10+ days?). Odd..

For those trying to keep up with my bi-polar disorder: I have an EDD this month with a MF454 VIN. However - the current window only leaves me a couple of days when I'll be in town and given that it hasn't shipped yet, I might have to defer. If I can take it, I will. If I can't Im placing my order on hold until Jan 22.

Last edited:
To be fair and to play the advocate of the devil

Would you be ok with tesla charging every time they ADD a function?

So when they added the ability to stream youtube, etc...when they add functions to AP....improved audio...range, speed, etc, etc, etc, etc.....Are they allowed to charge you for these improvements if they weren't there at the time of ordering? What about after you receive the car? can they charge you then?

listen...I understand the frustration, i really do. I'm waiting on "noise cancelation" on my S. That said, I don't think it is fair to compare it to OEM because frankly, OEM doesn't give a rat's butt about updating/improving a product that you already purchased. Want the upgrade? wait till the next model year. Tesla is different. Most times, it is different in a way that benefits us...and occasionally, it is the opposite.
my point was? the lack of notice. Lack of communicating it to the customer. Tell the customer UPFRONT if you are removing features/functions that they expected/paid for at order time. Dont hide it, then mention it in a tweet AFTER thousands of customers notice its missing.

Also, how about informing your customers who paid close to $150k for a car that was touted with a 200mph top speed, when the special wheels (which you stated are the only reason the cars are limited to 163) are coming? (Or was the special wheels excuse a lie from the start?)Or a simple tweet that "hey, white interiors are delayed. Supply chain issues. Not in our control but apologies for the inconvenience".

Communication is HORRIFIC and unacceptable.

Last edited:

So when they added the ability to stream youtube, etc...when they add functions to AP....improved audio...range, speed, etc, etc, etc, etc.....Are they allowed to charge you for these improvements if they weren't there at the time of ordering? What about after you receive the car? can they charge you then?

listen...I understand the frustration, i really do. I'm waiting on "noise cancelation" on my S. That said, I don't think it is fair to compare it to OEM because frankly, OEM doesn't give a rat's butt about updating/improving a product that you already purchased. Want the upgrade? wait till the next model year. Tesla is different. Most times, it is different in a way that benefits us...and occasionally, it is the opposite.
My wife has a 2011 Toyota Highlander. A year after we purchased the vehicle, we received a notice that the route guidance can be updated to current road data. All we had to do was schedule a service appointment and pay $200. She laughed and pulled out her iPhone. We get a kick out of going over a new bridge, and having the car icon shown driving through the water.

Yeah, Tesla offering free upgrades is a unicorn in the auto industry. They won't do it forever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The difference is, my downvote was a joke (that I removed right after) that @2021plaid totally deserved for making me see that UGLY MB!!!!

Why someone downvoted you? Its probably because you can go to DIsney World any time you want and they are jealous.

BTW - my stupid delivery date window has not moved and Tesla told me the car is still sitting in Fremont (it was born on 10/29...why is it sitting there for 10+ days?). Odd..

For those trying to keep up with my bi-polar disorder: I have an EDD this month with a MF454 VIN. However - the current window only leaves me a couple of days when I'll be in town and given that it hasn't shipped yet, I might have to defer. If I can take it, I will. If I can't Im placing my order on hold until Jan 22.
Meh. I prefer the Harry Potter at Universal. Sucks about your car. I’d be tempted to take a road trip and pick it up. Here’s to a ‘22 VIN!

So I feel sheepish.

I figured out my autopilot issue. Please don't laugh. I THOUGHT the autopilot button was on the yoke as a capacitive touch button like everything else...and i kept mashing on it. NOPE! its the scroll wheel that needs to be clicked on to activate it. ummmm...whoops!

anywho...she's tinted and here she is! View attachment 731148View attachment 731147
Looks great! I love the color combo! I am very jealou! I’ve got 4 months of waiting ahead of me. The paint looks great. Did you get a ceramic coating?

My wife just told me another one that applies here:

My father-in-law has a 2015 BMW 640i. Recently, his cell phone stopped connecting to the cars Bluetooth. BMW told him they have to do a software upgrade, to allow the cars Bluetooth to talk to his newer cell phone. They want $1000 to make his car capable of connecting to a cell phone. A feature he had when he bought the car.

Imagine if Tesla tried to pull that with their customers.