Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yay they're back! Phone restart worked!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-154158_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-154158_Chrome.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 83
What is ARNR?
That is Active Road Noise Reduction, which is Tesla's name for what used to be called Active Noise Cancelling. It's a system which listens for road noise and other NVH, and emits counter sound waves to cancel out those noises. The end result is a car that should be very quiet inside.

I have a Red / White / Carbon / 21 Model S Plaid that I am able to take delivery of next week. I ordered this car over a year ago, minutes after it was announced. I currently have an M5 Competition. Because I ordered the Model S so early, I have the $10,000 discount and I added full self driving when I ordered the car, so essentially have FSD for free. Total price of the car is $140,190, ordered today would be $10k + higher.

My thoughts are that I would select to lease it, put $1,000 to $2,500 down for 15,000 miles per year. This makes the lease payment $2100 - $2150 or so.

I could drive the Plaid for a month or two to compare and decide if I want to keep the M5 Competition or the Plaid. Do you think I would have a difficult time getting rid of the plaid by lease transfer given all of the above?

Seems to be a harder to get color combo, but the main benefit with mine specifically would be that I paid $10k less than you can today. I wouldn't want to make money on it if I decided I like the M5 more, just straight lease transfer out of it.

I am trying to think ahead of time worst case scenario of I like the M5 more, ways to get out of the lease and how difficult it would be.
If you have not owned and lived with a Tesla MS before, you are in for a treat.

Signed,
a previously life time BMW (M5) guy :)