Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, it’s nice. Really, really nice. But WAY overdone. The Hyperscreen had so much going on, I couldn’t see any of jt.

The only think I can vividly recall was the driver display making a reddish ring around the speedo numbers while accelerating. And making a sound whilst doing so. All at an in incredibly tepid pace. But the sound and visual was trying to fool me into thinking it was accelerating faster than a Yugo. Which it likely was, but not by a lot.
Oh don't get me started on those (IMHO) really dumb fake sounds. I have this thing where if the sound is not mechanically generated and real, it weirds me out lol. I prefer it to be genuine. Like the Plaid's amazing DU and inverter whine. Or in 2nd place the Lucid's deeper tone of DU/Inverter whine too.
Oh and yeah I meant where the dash comes up so high it actually starts to protrude into your sight over it. Basically the opposite of the 3/Y. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and uthatcher
Oh don't get me started on those (IMHO) really dumb fake sounds. I have this thing where if the sound is not mechanically generated and real, it weirds me out lol. I prefer it to be genuine. Like the Plaid's amazing DU and inverter whine. Or in 2nd place the Lucid's deeper tone of DU/Inverter whine too.
Oh and yeah I meant where the dash comes up so high is actually starts to protrude into your sight over it. Basically the opposite of the 3/Y. :)
Yeah I guess we’ll see how it pans out. I agree on the sounds though, it’s dumb if not real.

I mean, it’s nice. Really, really nice. But WAY overdone. The Hyperscreen had so much going on, I couldn’t see any of jt.

The only think I can vividly recall was the driver display making a reddish ring around the speedo numbers while accelerating. And making a sound whilst doing so. All at an in incredibly tepid pace. But the sound and visual was trying to fool me into thinking it was accelerating faster than a Yugo. Which it likely was, but not by a lot.
Got an appt to see them at 10 tommorow in Van Nuys....

Picked up my car today and drove it 180 miles back home. I wanted to keep driving. This car is amazing and the acceleration is terrifying in the best way possible. It's addictive and was hilarious when people tried to race or cut me off. I was kind of hesitant to spend so much on a car, but I have zero regrets now. Plaid is definitely worth it and I need to get a radar detector installed. I love the yoke. It was worth the 8 months wait.

An update from delivery Sunday. The interior is perfect minus a small alignment (1/8”) of the dash to the driver’s door and the infamous rear window distortion (lower 5%). Has anyone had them address this sucessfully?

The exterior is another story. Had 6 scratches that will require repaint (one to the bare metal) and 4 that will buff out. One scratch on a headlight requiring replacement. I left the car with them to get repaired. The most scratches were around the spoiler and appear to be caused during the installation process. Included a couple picks below.

No vibration issues at the lower speeds. Didn't get a chance to run it up to 80 mph yet. Thing is a beast. I hit it one time from a stop and barely could hang on. The yoke is a no brainer. I have already figured out my driving position and seat adjustment to complement. Still working on the best strategy for Entry and Exit as I didnt notice before how much I depended on the steering wheel to help me get out of cars.

Attachments

• 44D4C7F5-1070-47E1-9B0E-4CD45F62C84E.jpeg
    44D4C7F5-1070-47E1-9B0E-4CD45F62C84E.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 78
  • 75C939CE-FDA6-4B59-9632-10D3AE344C5B.jpeg
    75C939CE-FDA6-4B59-9632-10D3AE344C5B.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 65
WOOO, I have my VIN, I have been around since January reordered early July after get first vin since stars did not align to my satisfaction. Trying to get my duck (yes one one) in a row haha. MSLR Red/ FSD/21 NF460. Est from Dec 14 to Dec 22

I am always lurkin, thank you all again for a sanity boost....but I will not believe... no, not until it is all set