Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

That sounds like the way it SHOULD be. I just got a notice that my S will be delievered in the next couple of weeks. I am afraid to even send a "thank you" note for fear it might be misinterpreted!
I walked into a Tesla showroom several months ago, and when I suggested I wanted to change the color on my order, the Tesla guy put his hands up and said, "Don't do that!", suggesting I would be sent to the back of the line. I decide right then and there that 1) I would make no further contact and 2) I love white!

I think the OP's question was not about changing his order, but waiting for a newer version of his order.

I tried to change the interior color of my "on order'" MSLR and was advised that 1) The car would be repriced at the current MSRP and I would lose my $2k pre-refresh order credit, and 2) I'd go to the end of the line.
At the time I made the request for a change of interior color, I didn't have a delivery date. I would hope for more flexibility regarding changes since there is such a long wait time. My desire for a change was partly because I had so much time to think about my configuration.

We getting worried about my Friday scheduled delivery seeing these posts about delays and transport logistics hangups, so I have my center (Owings Mills, MD) a ring and luckily the car is already there. 😁
I would have a hard time waiting until Friday. As soon as they said it was already there I would have been asking for tomorrow delivery.

I GOT MY VIN!!!!!! 5YJSA1E58NF468***

I've got no clue on how to decode. But I guess I will be one of the first to be disappointed in not getting lights/updated charging port. I will keep y'all posted
So roughly 6000 MS built since 12/8 based on the VIN I received then. About 1000 a week not accounting for holiday or shutdowns. Does that sound right? Seems like they shut down for a bit. But for what if no noticeable changes in latest vehicles.

So roughly 6000 MS built since 12/8 based on the VIN I received then. About 1000 a week not accounting for holiday or shutdowns. Does that sound right? Seems like they shut down for a bit. But for what if no noticeable changes in latest vehicles.
vIns aren’t sequential are they?
Correct @Richmonder. They are purposely non-sequential so people cannot track production rates/schedules.

These are all locks. I went with these for a uniform look (and might as well make them a little harder to steal). Wheels are Signature SV104 in Brushed Black Triple Tinted.

Gorilla Automotive 96643BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 20-Pack)

Not titanium of course but I don't have a problem with heavy nuts.

View attachment 757102
I had a tire place tell me (as they installed the lock nuts imbought elsewhere) not to bother. I have heard and read you can use an oversized driver and get lock nuts off anyway. My .02

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Great & congrats! I had a Friday appt, but they texted last night to see if I wanted to move it up as my car arrived 'early'. My estimate at time of order back in June was Sept/Oct, so I think we have different definitions for 'early'. Anyway, tomorrow looks like it will finally be my day.
Good luck. I’m Springfield Friday, unless I move it up

93A4AF8D-EA3A-41B0-94EB-25D0A9DE707A.jpeg

Correct @Richmonder. They are purposely non-sequential so people cannot track production rates/schedules.
I'm sure that you know more that I about this but I am very skeptical of this. We have watched the numbers climb and they seem to be more or less in order. I would not be surprised that some out of order cars are slipped in but all in all the numbers seem to have increased (grossly) sequentially.

Small numbers of out of sequence VINs won't have much effect on skewing productions rates unless you are talking about recent GM EV production...

I had a tire place tell me (as they installed the lock nuts imbought elsewhere) not to bother. I have heard and read you can use an oversized driver and get lock nuts off anyway. My .02
I agree that is probably true. I wanted black closed nuts and these fit that and as a bonus added one more problem for the bad guys to overcome to get my wheels. Win/Win

I'm sure that you know more that I about this but I am very skeptical of this. We have watched the numbers climb and they seem to be more or less in order. I would not be surprised that some out of order cars are slipped in but all in all the numbers seem to have increased (grossly) sequentially.

Small numbers of out of sequence VINs won't have much effect on skewing productions rates unless you are talking about recent GM EV production...
Yeah I mean it's generally headed up, but I've heard multiple times that Tesla does scramble them slightly and manufactures out of sequence so that people can't guess at what quarterly deliveries are or guess at production by model.
I think it's probably the same reason they bundle S/X and 3/Y production, and don't give us breakdowns by model: so short sellers and mainstream media can't say clickbait headlines like "Model S or 3 production was down this quarter". They want overall numbers to be shown, and not individual counts.