Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went through this process last week with DCU. Started on a Tuesday afternoon and by Wednesday afternoon, I had an account set up, my loan approved and a check mailed via FedEx. Two thumbs up for DCU, everyone I spoke to was super friendly and helpful. Yes the wait times are long if you need to call but if you choose the option to have them call you back. It works very well. I highly recommend DCU.
Hi all .. I am a new member. Getting my Model S LR later this month. Seems like I cannot message yet, can someone please message me so I can provide my info in order to get a referral for DCU loan. Thanks !

Not to get too financial, but when I was looking for financing, I skipped on DCU as they were giving people on the forum who had enough liquidity to buy a Plaid in cash loans for only 50% to 75% on the value, and I didn't want to tie up that much capital on a "depreciating asset". Have they stopped doing that? If so, I might consider them if I decide to go through with my MYLR order with an EDD in March (ordered last year to try to get a GF Austin one, if they're notably improved, otherwise I'll just pass).

Just going through this mess with DCU now. Submitted my app yesterday and found them to be a little slow compared to other major CUs. Called this morning to give it a nudge and the guy on the phone was helpful. He did the app on the spot (had to verify all the original info again though...dunno why), but the person from underwriting said they weren't comfortable with the amount and they needed to elevate to a higher underwriting team. Really? $77k loan on a >$100k car (at current pricing) with my credit and income doesn't exactly scream "risky", but whatever. I thought about putting down more cash but in the current inflationary environment and 1.24% APR I kinda regret not asking for more loan. So now they're going to call me when it's decided (I'm guessing that'll require another poke), then I need to get them the MVPA, which I've reached out to my SA to see about.

I was concerned about them not being able to get the check here in time for me to pick up the car, but they said they have an arrangement with Tesla to provide the tracking number and a photo of the check and Tesla will consider this payment. At least it eliminates a day of lag getting to me.

Forgive the ramble - figured with so many applying some might like to know about the experience. Something I didn't catch previously is that you need to setup direct deposit with them to qualify for the advertised rate. Not a big deal to me as I'll just carve out enough to cover my monthly payment and have that sent, but it's worth considering if this sort of thing bothers you. They said they give a free 90 days with the promo rate to allow folks to get the deposits setup. He said it technically needs to be your entire paycheck (which I'm definitely not doing), but that it would likely work to just send a portion. Anyone have experience with this?

Not to get too financial, but when I was looking for financing, I skipped on DCU as they were giving people on the forum who had enough liquidity to buy a Plaid in cash loans for only 50% to 75% on the value, and I didn't want to tie up that much capital on a "depreciating asset". Have they stopped doing that? If so, I might consider them if I decide to go through with my MYLR order with an EDD in March (ordered last year to try to get a GF Austin one, if they're notably improved, otherwise I'll just pass).
It may be a function of the personal qualifications - they were willing to lend me 100% of my LR - as i'm trading in, that number went down a bit, but i had it raised yesterday to every last penny, including .05!!!! so my Tesla account shows $0 balance, though a check has not been issued by DCU yet. Originally they told me they'd lend over the purchase price, but that seems to have ended.
at 1.25% I'll borrow every last nickel I can. Literally above.

Just going through this mess with DCU now. Submitted my app yesterday and found them to be a little slow compared to other major CUs. Called this morning to give it a nudge and the guy on the phone was helpful. He did the app on the spot (had to verify all the original info again though...dunno why), but the person from underwriting said they weren't comfortable with the amount and they needed to elevate to a higher underwriting team. Really? $77k loan on a >$100k car (at current pricing) with my credit and income doesn't exactly scream "risky", but whatever. I thought about putting down more cash but in the current inflationary environment and 1.24% APR I kinda regret not asking for more loan. So now they're going to call me when it's decided (I'm guessing that'll require another poke), then I need to get them the MVPA, which I've reached out to my SA to see about.

I was concerned about them not being able to get the check here in time for me to pick up the car, but they said they have an arrangement with Tesla to provide the tracking number and a photo of the check and Tesla will consider this payment. At least it eliminates a day of lag getting to me.

Forgive the ramble - figured with so many applying some might like to know about the experience. Something I didn't catch previously is that you need to setup direct deposit with them to qualify for the advertised rate. Not a big deal to me as I'll just carve out enough to cover my monthly payment and have that sent, but it's worth considering if this sort of thing bothers you. They said they give a free 90 days with the promo rate to allow folks to get the deposits setup. He said it technically needs to be your entire paycheck (which I'm definitely not doing), but that it would likely work to just send a portion. Anyone have experience with this?
I was going to report back today - so this was perfect. I hope this is interest to anyone.
1) DCU was a breeze to work with in December when I had my prior VIN.
2) they wont' finalize until you have a final MVPA - and my December MVPA was interesting, I'd have to find it, but DCU felt it was missing final numbers
3) Yesterday I called Tesla to update my MVPA as my trade in amount changed a drop. I also had a loan placeholder of $60k. I called DCU and asked just how damned much could I borrow, in December I was told I could get 2 checks, one to Tesla, one to me, and I thought I was getting over $115k. err, nope.
4) DCU yesterday told me I needed the finalized MVPA to continue.
5) The rest of yesterday I begged Tesla for the updated MVPA. They had updated the figures on the website in real time (almost) but the old MVPA was stuck for most of the day.
6) once I had the new MVPA, i uploaded to DCU, and then coudln' reach anyone. too late in day. Note, calls to DCU are very rough - on the order of one hour of waiting either on hold or call back.
7) This a.m. about 7:45 or so (Eastern) for giggles I called DCU, but may have been after 8 a.m. - either way, after a while the system said 6 to 8 minute call back, fine, I entered my call back number and it actually called me back during the call - yikes! I literalyl ahd to wait about 6 to 8 minutes when it had called me back during my call - crazy!
8) finally - everything was lined up, i promised direct deposit (we'll talk about that more in a second) and then the big question - check to me, or Tesla. I opted Tesla - if i show proof of check and shipping, it's pretty much deemed as received. like, if done today, i could possibly pick up my car today. If sent to me, can take up to 3 business days. No good if my pickup is the morning of the second business day. I.e. they dont' trust fedex for overnight anymore.
9) the real reason i'm posting this - DCU is my new Tesla refresh. I keep checking my email for the docusign - as long as they send it today (they expect by lunch time, very backed up) and i get to them by 4, the check should go out today. Yes, I would have liked to have received it myself, so I could abort if the car is a clunker, but I won't.
10) Direct deposit - they want it all. err, no. Being self employed, I'll rig ADP to send what I'll define as my W2 income through the DCU account, and the rest will either be addtional W2 income that goes elsewhere, or 1099 income. My loan amout will be some $66k (after trade in) and 65 months means about $1,065 per month ($84k out the door, no FSD, pre price increase) - I'll keep 36 months and move on - so I figure if I have say, $1k deposited every 2 weeks, that should satisfy them for the lower rate.

TLDR: DCU hard to get on phone, can take 3 days to have the check received so maybe send to Tesla directly and get proof of check and tracking if pressed for time.

I've had the same issue with DCU. It's been elevated since Friday to their management team and they say I should get a response today. I've already gotten approved through my other credit union so that helps.

I have used DCU several times and they are notoriously slow to do anything. Impossible to get a live agent - I have been successful using their chat. They do however have the absolute best rates around. You cannot beat 1.25%. EECU out of Fresno is stellar also, much easier to get ahold of and only marginally higher rates.
Stupid question, but are we talking about Digital Federal Credit Union or some other CU?

DCU also will Fedex the check to your address if you prefer. Not that Fedex is reliable!

FYI, DCU is pretty responsive to inbound calls from members checking on status of an underwriting, so don't be shy about calling in every day or two. The escalation is on loans above a threshold...I think $75k...have to go to an SVP for approval. But in my experience this is a rubber stamp if income and credit is good. YMMV.

Received VIN today! Leaning towards keeping the VIN. More details here -

Does anyone know of the best institution for financing in Canada?
Everything I see if 3%(RBC& Scotia bank)+ or variable @ 1.99?

I can pay cash, but would rather not.
I haven't found anything better than that either. I called RBC directly (who I have my current auto loan with) and they quoted me 7% but advised that the "dealers" can always offer a better price. Tesla is offering me 3.08% through Scotia Bank. It's a lot higher than the 1.49% I got in 2017, but even at 3%, I'm happy to keep half of my 2017 Model S sale value and dump it into Tesla stock and put the rest towards the down payment.

Just sayin hey. Oh, and my car is back from service!! Omg I missed her. The Wait is home.

A nice surprise when I got into the car too was release notes for FSD Beta 10.9! The visualizations are awesome compared to the previous ones.

Oh and this gem:
Went to go put my registration in the glovebox, glovebox unlocks, put paper in, glovebox no longer closes. Ugh. Back to service it will have to go. Hopefully mobile service this time can fix.

Picked up my SR-71 from the detailer after PPF, tint & ALP install. The wait is over after 53 weeks. Swapped on the winter tires on the Signature SV104s. All weather mats installed. Trunk and frunk liners. Lots of booty hidden in the garage to be added when I get some private time. Can’t wait to try the roof / ski rack with the winter tires.

Attachments

• 897A6DCE-57FB-4785-8661-3F7B85B12A8E.jpeg
    897A6DCE-57FB-4785-8661-3F7B85B12A8E.jpeg
    677.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 1B3F1A6B-CF19-4EE6-9E8D-856EA04B0CE5.jpeg
    1B3F1A6B-CF19-4EE6-9E8D-856EA04B0CE5.jpeg
    738.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 6B49939A-4F96-4FD3-831E-00778F1FBFF3.jpeg
    6B49939A-4F96-4FD3-831E-00778F1FBFF3.jpeg
    929.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 9E70F57D-9B5E-4A9D-9CDD-AD41DEE8F3F4.jpeg
    9E70F57D-9B5E-4A9D-9CDD-AD41DEE8F3F4.jpeg