Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm the “go to” fix for the light issue in the lower console is to replace the entire console. As simple a issue as it seems, it is not assessable nor configurable at this juncture. Hope they can simplify this through a hardware change on future builds or just better QC the vehicle. I tell you, its the small things that would only takes seconds to check or do right that drive me crazy.
Ok. Here is the final fix for the lower light in the console turning off when open and on when closed. There is a micro switch (as expected) but it is buried within the console. to get to it you have to take the console apart and replace the "faulty" switch. The team at Tesla Knoxville procured a replacement console but were able to disassemble, replace the switch and reassemble without scratching or creating another problem with the console. So they have an entire extra console minus one switch. My problem is solved so I am happy. It took them 2 hours which is probably the same amount of time it would take to replace the entire console.

So, I do recommend getting the fix but just be straight with the service team that if they happen to scratch your carbon (or wood), while trying to replace this one micro switch, to go ahead and replace the whole darn thing.

It would be nice if they used some of the bastard lot cars as test drive vehicles. Don't think they need one at every location but Tesla can't spare ~25 - 50 Model S so that there is at least one available to test drive in each state or maybe a couple in California and none in North Dakota?

We are sort of going off hopes and dreams right now lol.
Knoxville location said they would be getting a showroom version first week of February but only one. They don't even have a 3 and Y to test drive 😂 . Everything 2021 was sold back in October.

Yep, that is standard procedure once a loan has been funded.
So sad. Well, I have approved credit through my credit union too but not as good interest rate and more down payment but that would allow me to easily cancel BOA without going through another application process. Depends how much I want the white. Cream is ok too with the blue exterior paint. I was too fast in my signing but didn't think it would be as big of a deal to change out the cars.

What is the min score these days? 98, 99?
Seems like it's 98. However, ~nobody's been onboarded since the 10.8 rollout about a month ago. We don't know if the 10.9 rollout will include new users, or not.

Worse, FSD 10.9's deployment seems to have been put on hold after about a third of existing users have been upgraded -- well before any new users would have been onboarded. It's not clear if this delay is related to the flurry of non-FSD bugfix releases (presumably dealing with heating problems), or something else.

Could I have the address of the rock you’ve been living under? I’d like to spend some time there :)
LOL! Even without attributing profit seeking tendencies on Tesla, the cheaper wheels presumably have higher demand leading to longer delivery times. If it's worth it to you and you can afford it, get the more expensive wheels and get your car sooner. I would have made that choice but for the price increases which made the wheels a lot more expensive than they would be now.

It would be nice if they used some of the bastard lot cars as test drive vehicles. Don't think they need one at every location but Tesla can't spare ~25 - 50 Model S so that there is at least one available to test drive in each state or maybe a couple in California and none in North Dakota?

We are sort of going off hopes and dreams right now lol
That won’t happen…they’re in the middle of changing headlights and taillights while updating the VINs to indicate 2022 with the bastard cars.

That is exactly how I feel, and after driving my LR for almost a month I don't feel that I would even want the speed of plaid if I'm being honest. The speed of the LR is enough to already get me into trouble, I can't even imagine what the plaid would feel like. I am really happy I just stuck with the LR.
Well said! My plaid neighbor agrees for most driving you can’t tell the difference With the extra 300 or so hp.

Looked at the MVPA of the inventory one I got today and it says New--previous service/demo car. But it's a 468 VIN so that makes no sense, it wouldn't have had time to be one. I'll call tomorrow and figure out what's up with that but looks like I might be keeping the cream one afterall. It was probably going to be a demo car but they decided to sell it instead.

It’s not just me, right? Everyone has an MSM Plaid and blue MS in their garages, right?
1642847401358.jpeg
1642847593227.jpeg
1642847736312.jpeg

(okay, neighbor’s Plaid, both got ceramic yesterday)

So you have to maintain the score after you get the FSD beta or you can have fun and still keep the beta?

While waiting for MS I’ve been in the beta with my M3P. Once I got in I stopped caring and went back to driving like normal. Would probably translate to a mid 80s score but once you’re in the score doesn’t matter anymore. I can’t even see the score anymore.

This just in...after two months of the same EDD, my LR order just moved UP 2 months!

I'm really thinking of putting it on a 6 month hold, or possibly cancelling.

I wonder if I rejected the car, if there is a way to get it assigned to a long suffering reservation holder in SoCal...

EDD starts tomorrow. I'll barely have time to read through the 30 pages here I missed...

Last edited: