Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

It looks like I have hit queue on the website but it doesnt offer expected delivery date. When does that usually show up? They tell me "mid december" but I am not sure what that means. Is there any hope of it surprising me and coming earlier? I figure they need to get out as many cars as possible before end of 2015 so that should help. I must say this is first time I am so excited for a new car!

Thanks, Jen!
I drove clear across town for garage door opener remote batteries instead of buying them at a closer spot, just for the thrill!
It was a long wait, but so worth it.

Also wanted to send along my congrats lucy! Beautiful ride...great feeling to finally get him, huh??

Funny, the other day at work, I decided to take an extended lunch and just went out for a solid hour drive in the hills just for the hell of it. So fun. I look forward to getting into that car every second.

Have fun with Elwood!

Also wanted to send along my congrats lucy! Beautiful ride...great feeling to finally get him, huh??

Funny, the other day at work, I decided to take an extended lunch and just went out for a solid hour drive in the hills just for the hell of it. So fun. I look forward to getting into that car every second.

Have fun with Elwood!

So true. I went across town for on a minor errand (across Des Moines isn't that far by Texas standards) and it was wonderful.
Going back across tomorrow, in the past I would have been grumbling about having had to run around all week long, now it's a pleasure. Thanks for the kind words and wishes!

Confirmed mine on 10/23. I called today to see, by the off chance, I could move mine from an 85 to a 90 and was told there is a fee to do so. I was hoping they would waive it since I was upgrading but no go. I expected that response, just wish it was no fee to so it. They said if I did change it to a 90 it wouldn't effect time to build. Still in queue.

Picked up my pretty blue MS at the Eden Prairie (Minneapolis) shop on Halloween [...]

View attachment 99708

great photo of a beautiful car! (maybe I'm just a little biased...)
Before finalizing my order, I was having trouble finding good pictures of the car in deep blue metallic, but then I found your pic here.
To help ease the agonizing wait for delivery of my own car, I just look at this photo every once in a while :)

Confirmed mine on 10/8. Got a call yesterday they're on track for "late november" production, possibly Dec. Maybe the 70d orders are fewer, and slower to batch together.

Ugh so sad, mine confirmed just before you but my build is a week after yours. I'm going to hang to hang up the forums for a bit at this rate. They were solving my wait anxiety but now it's the opposite :)

My car rolled over to "the tesla factory is building your model s" yesterday afternoon, 11/5/15
Order confirmed on 10/17/2015
Vin assigned: 112992
Final order details:
S70
White
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels - will change out to black 21" rims, after delivery
Grey Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior and Lighting
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Interesting. What options/colors did you choose?

I confirmed a 70d, midnight metallic, pano roof, multi pattern seats, air suspension, and premium interior. Confirmed on 10/8, still in queue.

70D, Solid White, Premium Interior, Next Gen Tan, Autopilot,

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. What options/colors did you choose?

I confirmed a 70d, midnight metallic, pano roof, multi pattern seats, air suspension, and premium interior. Confirmed on 10/8, still in queue.

I see that you are in California. I was told to the expect delivery between Dec 15th and the new year. I think they might be producing car with longer transit times ahead of those in California.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC