Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations to all the folks who have recently gone into production!

My VIN is in the middle of the pack of these news cars being built. Hoping my car is thrown into mix soon. I ordered Deep Blue metallic paint and haven't seen anyone share that they have the same color too. I don't know how they batch them, by color, battery pack, etc... So maybe my car will enter production soon. Here's hoping :)

My Deep Blue Metallic, 85D, Gray Next Gen, UHFS, Cold Weather, Standard 19" went into production Nov 2nd.

Congratulations to all the folks who have recently gone into production!

My VIN is in the middle of the pack of these news cars being built. Hoping my car is thrown into mix soon. I ordered Deep Blue metallic paint and haven't seen anyone share that they have the same color too. I don't know how they batch them, by color, battery pack, etc... So maybe my car will enter production soon. Here's hoping :)

That's awesome. My order was confirmed Oct 22cd. When was yours confirmed? My car is almost identical to yours except for 85 and UHFS. I have the panoroof. I purchased the 70D. Love those Grey Next Gen seats, I was on the fence about them but had a demo car for a weekend with them and I was sold. What delivery time did they give you?

My Deep Blue Metallic, 85D, Gray Next Gen, UHFS, Cold Weather, Standard 19" went into production Nov 2nd.

My car was actually confirmed back in September but I pushed the delivery to December in order to get my other car sold. It's moved up and I'm not upset at all. :)

I forgot to add the panoroof to the above but I did get that too. I also drove a demo for the weekend and it was the blue with grey and I loved it. I wasn't sure about the blue or grey up until then and thought I was going to get the Titanium.

Right now it just says my delivery is between Nov 15th and 29th. No other details yet. My DS has been great though and I've probably talked with him no less than a dozen times so I'm sure he'll let me know when there's another update.

Mines a 90d in blue as well, been in the queue since October 24. Hmm. In case it helps us figure something out, my options are grey next gen seats, pano roof, piano black, premium pkg with black headliner, standard 19s and autopilot. I was told production last week and delivery by mid November but still in the queue.

My options are: standard multi-pattern seats, standard 19' wheels, regular roof, autopilot, piano black, premium package (interior/lighting). The DS told me that the production will start "mid-November". I guess it means 11/15 or so. Delivery early December, did not change from get go.

Those of us waiting are all trying to find a clue as to what might be the magic ingrdient to predict when you go into production and when it will be delivered. Of course, there could be supplier constraints -- but I doubt it.

If I was at Tesla, I would want to do two things:
1) Minimize the time between when a car is manufactured and when it gets shipped. It costs money to have a completed car sitting on the property staged for delivery
2) Minimize the number of separate vehicle delivery trucks on the road

Whether you are on the East coast and your car will be traveling by rail first or it goes straight onto a truck really makes no difference.

I am in Portland, Oregon (which is on the way to Seattle, WA from Fremont). Assuming trucks are loaded and driven to the NW, each car transporter truck can hold ~10 vehicles. I would wait until I have confirmed orders for 10 vehicles going to Portland and Seattle before I started producing any of them. Others might be in the same boat, where they are waiting for a critical mass of vehicles going into a certain region before manufacturing.

If this is the case, then the referral idea is even more brilliant. What better way to sell more vehicles in the same area than to get friends talking and ordering at the same time. It would cut down on everyone's delivery time.

Ordered 11/1 and into production queue 11/7. Hoping to start production soon! Was told delivery would be 1-2nd week of December here in Portland OR

70 | Base White | 19" | Panoramic Roof | Black Next Gen | Smart Air | Piano Black | Autopilot | Ordered 10/03/2015 - VIN #1155**

Ordered 11/1 and into production queue 11/7. Hoping to start production soon! Was told delivery would be 1-2nd week of December here in Portland OR

70 | Base White | 19" | Panoramic Roof | Black Next Gen | Smart Air | Piano Black | Autopilot | Ordered 10/03/2015 - VIN #1155**

Hey, josher...awesome and congrats! I ordered 10/30 and into production queue on 11/6, but my VIN is more than 500 more than yours. Our cars will likely be on the same car transporter up to Tigard.