Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car rolled over to "the tesla factory is building your model s" today 11/5/15

Order confirmed on 10/17/2015
Production started on 11/5/2015
Production complete on 11/12/2015
Estimated delivery to South Florida - 11/19 - 11/26
Vin 112992

Final order details:
S70
White
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels - will change out to black 21" rims, after delivery
Grey Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior and Lighting
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Purchased my carbon fiber rear spoiler last nite
Ordered by Vossen 21" wheels yesterday
Brakes to be painted red.
Just need my electrician to get over to my house.

My car configuration is identical to yours except I have the subzero package as well ('m guessing maybe you do too since you're in Canada). My status ticked over last night as well. Our cars will be rolling down the production line behind each other.

Late this evening 11/11, the status on MyTesla page changed to "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"
(I think clicking on MyTesla page several times a day worked) :) So excited!

- order placed 10/26
- order confirmed, entered production queue 11/3
- est delivery early Dec, according to my DS

70D, VIN: 1156xx

My car configuration is identical to yours except I have the subzero package as well ('m guessing maybe you do too since you're in Canada). My status ticked over last night as well. Our cars will be rolling down the production line behind each other.
what is it they say about great minds... ? but no subzero pkg for me, it's the one little corner of Canada here where you probably can live without it (though the std heated front seats will still be great)

Just received the hpwc on today:smile:

image.jpeg

Late this evening 11/11, the status on MyTesla page changed to "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"
(I think clicking on MyTesla page several times a day worked) :) So excited!

- order placed 10/26
- order confirmed, entered production queue 11/3
- est delivery early Dec, according to my DS

70D, VIN: 1156xx

Congrats, that is fast! I am about 2 weeks behind you, will be confirmed on 11/17. I am hoping for a late December delivery :)

My car rolled over to "the tesla factory is building your model s" today 11/5/15

Order confirmed on 10/17/2015
Production started on 11/5/2015
Production complete on 11/12/2015
Estimated delivery to South Florida - 11/19 - 11/26
Vin 112992

Final order details:
S70
White
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels - will change out to black 21" rims, after delivery
Grey Next Generation Seats
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior and Lighting
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Purchased my carbon fiber rear spoiler last nite
Ordered by Vossen 21" wheels yesterday
Brakes to be painted red.
Just need my electrician to get over to my house.
Finishing up production on my 85d. Delivery to Tampa i suppose they are not shipping by rail?

Finishing up production on my 85d. Delivery to Tampa i suppose they are not shipping by rail?

My 70D status changed to In Transit on 11/1. Tesla logistics now estimates arrival in Tampa on 11/30. SC told me that the cars for Florida board a train about an hour outside of Fremont for the cross country trip. The train unloads in Birmingham, AL, where they wait to get loaded onto a truck for the trip to Tampa.

My 70D status changed to In Transit on 11/1. Tesla logistics now estimates arrival in Tampa on 11/30. SC told me that the cars for Florida board a train about an hour outside of Fremont for the cross country trip. The train unloads in Birmingham, AL, where they wait to get loaded onto a truck for the trip to Tampa.
Omg i want mine by FedEx lol. Train delivery is painful slow.

If Tesla is like other plants, they do not work production in all departments on weekends. However, on weekends certain departments which are behind (typically sub-assembly departments, receiving, shipping) in their work may pull overtime. A typical plant has production engineering and machine maintenance occurring over the weekend, where robots, machines and tools are repaired, inspected, and calibrated. Also general cleaning and making the place ship-shape is an ongoing effort.

One of my customers who is a major aircraft plant here in CT, had certain departments running 7 days a week and 3 shifts a day as those departments were crucial to new and existing aircraft.

In the case of Tesla, I would suspect that the motor, battery and upholstery areas (I hear they have brought seating in-house) are very likely running full tilt as motor and battery packs are used by both new and existing cars. Just a guess though.