Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
25 years since my one and only ticket in SoCal.

Never regretted leaving it off.

Plus, there is the decal plate option.
LOL, I just got pulled over today...twice. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon. I have not changed my driving habits, and have not been pulled over in years. But my MXP is red as opposed to blue for my last two S's.

No speeding ticket either time, but I did get a fix-it ticket for not having my new permanent plates on yet even though it's only been about a month that I've had the car.

LOL, I just got pulled over today...twice. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon. I have not changed my driving habits, and have not been pulled over in years. But my MXP is red as opposed to blue for my last two S's.

No speeding ticket either time, but I did get a fix-it ticket for not having my new permanent plates on yet even though it's only been about a month that I've had the car.
They call it ticket me Red for a reason I guess...my prior cars were white.

Are you sure they were just looking for an excuse to see a plaid?

I have the decal plate. Won't fit on the nose cone. Mount to foamboard and place it on the dash for high risk areas like airport drop off zones.

Attachments

• 16535371144421022996178019293015.jpg
    16535371144421022996178019293015.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 87
They call it ticket me Red for a reason I guess...my prior cars were white.

Are you sure they were just looking for an excuse to see a plaid?

I have the decal plate. Won't fit on the nose cone. Mount to foamboard and place it on the dash for high risk areas like airport drop off zones.
I cannot imagine that is legal! I like to avoid confrontation. Lots of reasons I don't want to be pulled over at night without an excuse. I can live with a front plate.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am posting this here since you are my "friends" and I don't need to start a new thread. I kept my "Tessio" license plates and DMV in CA assigned them to my new car. I did not get either a front license plate frame or screws to attach the plate. Did any of you? Before non Californian's comment, I don't want a ticket or to be pulled over for no plate.

I don't think my question was clear - the car obviously came with the mounting plate on the from that most of you want to take off (or did take off). What I am talking about is a "decorative" frame to put over the front plate and the mounting screws (like what they put on the rear). Curious if they included that for anyone?

I don't think my question was clear - the car obviously came with the mounting plate on the from that most of you want to take off (or did take off). What I am talking about is a "decorative" frame to put over the front plate and the mounting screws (like what they put on the rear). Curious if they included that for anyone?
I didn't receive my screws for the front plate mount. I ordered a set of 4 on Amazon. I'm sure you can get mobile service bring you some if you don't mind waiting.

I did receive a plate frame when mobile service dropped off my mats and trunk floor. It was cheap chrome (odd) so just threw it away because he insisted I keep it even though I told him I didn't want it.

EDD changed twice in two days: yesterday it moved back 13 days to Aug 13 to Oct 13; today it's Aug 18 to Oct 13. First movement in EDD since I ordered the vehicle two months ago. :rolleyes:
Since you ordered 2 months ago, I wouldn't worry about any EDD changes for awhile. I waited 7 months for my delivery, and some have waited longer. You may get lucky to get a match from a inventory model if you can snag one.

No, no one received a front plate frame or screws on delivery.

I don't think they do include a second decorative frame for the front.

And as a note, MY I helped inspect at the store this week have nothing on the front, frame bracket was in the trunk.

Last edited:
Why avoid EOY and EOQ?
So Jan-Feb would be ideal?
I'd not worry about this at all. you won't have any control over it anyway. When you get your car, you get your car. It is speculated with likely some truth that the EOY and EOQ cars are put together in a more sloppy fashion. In a bid to push out higher numbers. ELON did come out and say to stop the EOQ push and it may have cooled a bit but there is no doubt always going to be one, it is human nature.

🙏🏽🙏🏽Thank you! I got a fairly attractive trade offer in for my current car, but obviously will expire.

Why avoid EOY and EOQ?
So Jan-Feb would be ideal?
EOQ = massive push and rush to get cars out the doors so that quarterly numbers are ever increasing, to help boost the stock.

That means that EOQ cars can have looser QC standards.

Been trying to find the information in this thread but it is rather lengthy! What is the initial production date or VIN number for MS with tilting screens? I thought I read a while back that all MS manufactured after a date in April have the tilting screen but I can't find that post. Thanks

Been trying to find the information in this thread but it is rather lengthy! What is the initial production date or VIN number for MS with tilting screens? I thought I read a while back that all MS manufactured after a date in April have the tilting screen but I can't find that post. Thanks
I'm a 476, no swivel. 477's have it. Don't know the exact VIN assignment that have it installed.