Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20K? That's extraordinarily high based on my experience.

I typically own/drive higher horsepower vehicles and summer tires in the rear will typically last 5-8K miles only.
I replaced the tires of Model 3 at around 20K. I had BMW 6 Series replaced at 12K, Audi S6 at around 18K. I will set how long the tires of this Model S will last. I will be very upset if they only last 5K.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes. Also went from 265 to 285 in front so not sure how much that had an effect.
I just bought 255/45/19 Front 285/40/19 Back Michelin All Seasons 4 so I know they will be noisier.
I wonder if nitrogen filled tires are quieter?
Not quite cold enough yet here in PA to switch from the Pirelli's Summers. During Winter storms and being retired, the best traction I could have is my ass on the couch!

I just bought 255/45/19 Front 285/40/19 Back Michelin All Seasons 4 so I know they will be noisier.
Not quite cold enough yet here in PA to switch from the Pirelli's Summers. During Winter storms and being retired, the best traction I could have is my ass on the couch!
Let us know how the feel/sound after you get some miles on them… curious how much louder.

Anyone notice a real increase in noise when going from the foam belted Pirelli Summer tires versus Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires which are not a foam belted tire?

Yes. Also went from 265 to 285 in front so not sure how much that had an effect.

Sorry - just reread the posts. I went from the 21" OEM pilot Sport 4S (with foam) to the 20" Pilot Sport A/S 4. Reading comprehension fail...

I don't think Nitrogen will affect the tire noise which only the rubber hits the road. That being said, where can we pump up the tires with nitrogen?

Took delivery of my MSLR yesterday! Built 9/22, so they were absolutely slinging these cars off the line for EOQ. Fortunately, this cars build quality is great! No gaps, everything feels solid and bolted down. The car came with one small paint chip that will be fixed in a service appointment, and also was pretty dirty from whatever truck they transported it on.

However, on the drive home there were a few issues I noticed:

-worm in the yoke airbag
-ultransonic sensors having a loose connection, causing park assist and auto lane change to fail most drives
-a loud THUNK from the front suspension when driving over a speedbump or down a hill and leveling out.
-grinding noise from front tires when taking sharp right or left turns.

All of these are getting taken care of by a service appointment friday. I absolutely love the car, feels so much better than my previous 3 and the acceleration is absolutely insane. It’s also whisper quiet which is a huge plus. Going to take it out to the mountains tomorrow to see how it handles.

Nitrogen, unlike compressed air, does not change it's pressure due to temperature in a tire.
Google says: Since nitrogen molecules are bigger than normal air molecules, it is harder for them to leak out. This means a tire filled with nitrogen will maintain air pressure longer. Therefore, they say, you'll roll on tires that are always properly inflated, resulting in better fuel economy and longer tire life.

Google says: Since nitrogen molecules are bigger than normal air molecules, it is harder for them to leak out. This means a tire filled with nitrogen will maintain air pressure longer. Therefore, they say, you'll roll on tires that are always properly inflated, resulting in better fuel economy and longer tire life.
You realize that air is 78% nitrogen, right? So as you top up your tires you are increasing the nitrogen concentration...